Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-19-2017, 11:59 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Anyone buy this shit?

Only reason I even ask is I didn't think Ivanko made fake plates?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dKHPuFAAA
Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #2
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Nope, don't buy it. There is nothing about the motion or reaction to that much weight that is legit. Bogus.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
bufbiker

Saw tge same dude hit 256 strict ez bar curl. He tapped metal weights against it to show its real weight. And I believe the 256 since I've hit 225 on Olympic bar curls before. But 387 was it? Not sure. I couldn't get the video to come up. Only audio.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
bufbiker

Just watched it. I am pretty sure the plates are legit. Whether what he's doing is an actual curl or an underhanded jerk motion is where I would find issue. Another problem I saw was his struggle with 115 and 135. Those are weights I throw around on curls. He seemed to be needing rest after three or four of them.
Then there is the negative part of the rep. This is just me personally and I'm nobody, but if I'm handling a weight on any lift no matter what the lift, I want to maintain control of the weight coming down and going up. His inability to have even a semblance of control on the negative makes me question his ability to do a strict curl instead of a jerk type of motion.
Nonetheless, impressive. I see tennis elbow in his immediate future.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Who knows? I highly doubt it though.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
A1food4u

as you view concentrate on the bar at the bottom and watch the lift he gives the bar using glutes and quads in a cleaning kind of motion, not saying I could do it but he sure gets a lot of lift from the base of the motion, not really a curl IMO
Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
Friggemall

Pretty much what A1 said. He throws it up close to his body, there isn't much curl to it.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Watch the momentum and dip that this guy must initiate to get the bar up to his chest do a 350lb clean and press. This guy is seriously strong. There is no way I am buying the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w9eLaHHwKk
Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #9
Dakota
VET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=varypr1VY0w

and with 315

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMc-6Emna0
Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

With THAT much weight, fuck form haha! I've seen people using MUCH more swing/cheating when doing cheat curls with 150lbs less than that. After watching it a few times, I don't buy it. No way a small guy like that is curling that much. A Brian Shaw type is one thing, but not that little guy. Fake Ivanko's is my take.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #11
Dakota
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufbiker View Post
Saw tge same dude hit 256 strict ez bar curl. He tapped metal weights against it to show its real weight. And I believe the 256 since I've hit 225 on Olympic bar curls before. But 387 was it? Not sure. I couldn't get the video to come up. Only audio.
Aluminum is real metal, so is nickel and tin.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #12
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Don't buy it. If it was legit his form is shit. The way he drives the hips is where the momentum is. Whatever not impressed.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
Dakota
VET

Watch the end of the video when the guy turns. It takes force to start that much weight into a turn and it takes an equal amount of force to stop the turn. The weight does not want to continue the turn the way a very heavy weight would. It is called Newtons law of motion.

Want to buy your own fake weights for your own video?

http://www.fakeweights.com/45-lbs-fake-weights-prop/

Also ALL manufacturers make fake weights for their trade shows. Who wants to haul around 1,000 lbs of plates when you can just use props?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #14
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Also ALL manufacturers make fake weights for their trade shows. Who wants to haul around 1,000 lbs of plates when you can just use props?
Never thought of that. Good insight, and probably the answer right there.