Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Vince Gironda's Secret Formula Pub date Unknown

VINCE GIRONDA’S BEGINNER BODYBUILDING COURSE
vince_gironda.01

Well known as one of the greatest trainers of his age, Vince Gironda’s name has become synomous with bodybuilding champions from Larry Scott to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Though Gironda made his name producing some of the greatest bodybuilding champions the sport has ever seen, he sent countless hours with beginners and intermediates seeking to sculpt their bodies or build muscle.

Today’s post discusses Vince’s general bodybuilding approach for beginners with the caveat being that Vince was known for changing exercises based on each trainer’s physique. Nevertheless, there is much to learn from his more generic approaches.

How often should beginners train?

Given his stellar reputation, it should come as no surprise to read that the beginners Vince encountered were often hugely enthusiastic about working with the Iron guru. Given the untrained state of his new clients, Vince recommended that aspiring trainees workout 6 days a week with a rest day on Sunday.

This high volume was necessary in Vince’s view as many of his clients would initially begin with light weights and few sets. When they began to get a little more experienced, Vince would increase the rest days.

How many sets per exercise?

For the first week, Vince recommended performing only one working set per exercise in the workout given below. For the second week, trainees would complete two sets per exercise and for the third week, three sets.

Within a month of training, Vince would switch his clients to a three-times-a-week schedule, with days rest (at least) between workouts. From there, he’d advise them to do three sets per exercise for six months with the instruction that they were to regularly change the exercises so as to maintain their enthusiasm and to stress the muscles from different angles.

These guidelines were of course, specific to the individual. If Vince felt that someone had sufficiently adapted to their workouts, he may have switched them to the more advanced programme earlier than the schedule listed above. There were no concrete rules on this point.

The Workout Itself

1) Decline pulley ‘hugs’ or flies – 12 reps

2) Short-pulley rows – 12 reps

3) Lateral raises – 10 reps

4) Triceps pushdowns – 10 reps

5) Barbell body-drag curls – 10 reps

6) Seated wrist curls – 12 reps

7) Leg extensions – 12 reps

8) Leg curls – 12 reps

9) Calf heel raises – 20 reps

10) Bent-knee leg raises – 20 reps plus

11) Crunches – 10 reps plus

12) Double-ups – 10 reps plus

* For underweight individuals, Vince would skip exercises 10, 11 and 12 until sufficient bodily bulk had been added.

‘The Secret Formula’

Though the above routine will look fairly standard to most, one thing that Vince stressed for beginners was the importance of progressive overload. Those coming to Vince with no training experience would inevitably begin by lifting lighter weights. Vince’s advice to them was straightforward. Lift as much as you can safely perform in the given exercise. This meant increasing the weight as much as possible without sacrificing form in the movement. This ‘secret’ was undoubtedly the cornerstone to the numerous physiques produced by the Iron guru.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
A1food4u

very cool... thanks for the read
Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I liked Vince, his heavy cream shake is something I will leave alone.

Y

The Way Of The Iron Guru

The old school way of building lean muscles is about training the right way and eating the right types of food. Today’s training is more about training programs and less about nutrition. In old school bodybuilding, it’s more about what you eat and training is about augmenting the effects of food on your muscles.

Many revolutionary ideas originated from Vince Gironda – a man who has built such a legacy in bodybuilding that he has earned the name The Iron Guru. His name may not be familiar to you but you probably know the people he has trained. He has worked with renowned bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s at his prime. Arnold is much older now but his physique can still hold its own even up to this day.

His secret? Following Vince Gironda’s methods.
What are Vince Gironda’s methods?

Vince Gironda is known for various traditional bodybuilding principles, one of which is the popular Hormone Precursor Diet. At the core of this program lies his highly effective recipe for a gainer shake. This recipe is perfect for building bigger and leaner muscles without struggling with the increased food intake needed to build them.

All you need to do is mix 12 raw eggs, 12 ounces of half and half cream, and 1/3 cup of pure protein powder in a food processor. You may also add a banana for flavour. If you do low carb or keto the banana can be skipped.

This recipe was used by many old school bodybuilders back in his days, including Arnold Schwarzenegger. Bodybuilders are advised to drink 3 of these shakes throughout the day, in between meals, and before going to bed.

This recipe is a mass gainer trick that helps you provide the nutrients your body needs for anabolism and remaining in a positive nitrogen balance. This shake also helps you achieve calorie surplus for weight gain but without the formation and storage of excess fat.

(Unfortunately raw eggs don't digest very well.)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Immmmmmmm gonna say NO to the shake as well.

Thanks for the chuckle on that one!
Old 06-05-2018, 11:29 PM   #5
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
In 1982 I tried that shake regimen. That heavy cream made me sick in the stomach and I tore my an tendon from dry heaving into the second day. Never again. Nuts and dehydrated fruit are better for adding quality calories without overloading kidneys. PS: I was 6’ and only weighed 156.
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote