X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Who else is Obese?

I have to do an MRI tomorrow. The Receptionist called for some details. She wanted my height, weight etc. Then told be me I would need to do an enema before the MRI. I said why? We aren't looking at my colon. She was polite but She was concerned someone so fat would have a gut full and it would inhibit the MRI pix.

So I had to explain. My BMI is obese but I am a bodybuilder 190 not a couch potato 190. Whew, no enema. She then went on to explain that massive muscle can be an issue for some MRIs too. I don't think I have to worry about that though. Sergio I ain't.

I assume some of the beasts out there get this same reaction when you tell someone how much you weight. They assume you are a Jabba-like creature.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

That's just the way they're trained. I false readings with the blood pressure cuff all the the time. My bmi states I'm obese too.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I've been obese for many years. How tall are you? That's the first time I've ever heard someone 190 being called obese unless it's a chic.

Comment

• Joe0690
        Vet
        • Mar 2007

If your not obese your doing something wrong

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          I've been obese for many years. How tall are you? That's the first time I've ever heard someone 190 being called obese unless it's a chic.
          Shy of 5'8"

What would she have thought back when I was well over 200? I have shifted from Paleo to Keto and the fat is falling off. I am now lighter than I have been in 15 years.

Recovery between sets takes forever on Keto though. I don't care for that. I generally crank right through a workout with almost no rest between sets. I am going to cut a little more and go back to Paleo.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Darkness
            • Apr 2011

I think I’m considered overweight but just one cheeseburger shy of obese. Couple lbs.

Comment

• TommyD
              • Apr 2018

I had pudgy doc tell me it would be a good idea to lose some weight, I'm not and never was big, I was 5'9, 190 about 10% bf, I just looked at him and laughed.

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

BMI is a joke, I was ripped years ago after basic training, but my BMI indicated that I was boarder line obese.
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big B
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by liftsiron
                  BMI is a joke, I was ripped years ago after basic training, but my BMI indicated that I was boarder line obese.
                  You had fat muscles!

Comment

• jhffun369
                    Vet
                    • Jun 2015

I agree with lifts, BMI is a very generic ratio that works for most only sedentary people. If you lift weights even somewhat regularly, it’s worhtless.

Comment

• A1food4u

My last one said obese as well, I argued with the nurse for a bit as she was scolding and lecturing about my age and added weight.... so I took off my shirt, she blushed and left... I guess I really embarrassed her with my flab..

Comment

• Paramuscle
                        • Mar 2018

I’m just big boned

~PM

Comment

• G21
                          VET
                          • Mar 2018

BMI is a total joke - considered obese on that scale. Doc said i need to loose weight - this coming from a guy who hasnt seen his pecker in a quarter century. Lifting my shirt killed his argument.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

Brother if you're obese then I'm morbidly obese. LOL. My Dr is always telling me I should be around 160 lbs. All I can do is laugh. Hell, a strong Florida wind might blow me away at 160, no offense to any welterweights here.
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Snakeman
                              VET
                              • Mar 2018

Yeah, im 5ft 5 and 195. But my Dr is realistic and laughs it off with me lol.

Comment

Working...