Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 03-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Beef Newton
VET

Space Invaders Champion!
Beef Newton will become famous soon enough
First Year Lifting... at 46.

This month marks my first year lifting. Up until this point, I was convinced I never could gain any strength or mass... bad genetics, low testosterone my whole life up until late 30's when I finally went on TRT, etc. Well, I've had four body scans over this past year, and I've gained 16 pounds of lean muscle mass, which just blows me away. This is probably a small gain for most, but for me, someone who had practically zero muscle to start, it is remarkable. I can feel the muscle. I can feel it when I walk in my legs. I actually have some pectorals now. I can feel it in my upper back (God, my upper back was in terrible shape). I have a fucking vein poking through my bicep, and my wrists are actually getting vascular and tight. I never, ever, thought I could have any of this, however small. I have to say it feels awesome, and while I know first year gains are the best, I've come to realize I can actually gain something. It's also come through in self-confidence in the way I walk and act, and I've started having women coming on to me... young women, too. Is this a small part of what it's like to be WarrenG? Anyway, I'm looking forward to more gains. This shit is addictive, and I want to thank all the sources out there that assume the risks to make AAS et. al available.

My regimen is very light, and some of these doses may leave people scratching their heads. However, this is all the result of painfully slow trial and error. I bump doses until I start feeling negative sides and back off. What makes it even harder is when the body changes. For example, at one point, 10mg of Test Prop was too much for me... then it eventually became too little, but that took a few years. So far, I have not "cycled," and labs have remained fairly good. For those on TRT, LDL is a constant struggle, but mine is only just a tad high. Hematocrit is a recurring issue, but as I've posted elsewhere, I just self-phlebotomize as needed. Come to think of it, I'm getting close to due.

Morning
----------
-15mg Test P
-30mg Mast E
-20mg Primo E
-0.25mg Aromasin suspension
-5mg Diroton (Lisinopril)
-x1 ProFerrin ES
-x1 Ester-C 1000mg
-x1 Gaia Herbs Rhodiola Rosea 120mg
-x1 Carlson Elite Omega 3
-x1 Nitroxyl (experimental)
-6.25mg Proviron
-2iU hGH (5/2)

Lunch
-------

Dinner
--------
-x2 Botanical Craft Palm Fruit
-x2 Now Foods Boron 3mg
-x1 rounded tablespoon Creatine
-x1 Mag-Tab SR
-x1 Feosol Ferrous Sulfate (experimental for Lisinopril cough... seems to actually work).
-2mg Cardura
-6.25mg Proviron

Pre-Bed
----------
-3.0mg LDN

-1000mcg tanning days right before tanning

Last edited by Beef Newton; 03-17-2019 at 09:39 PM..
Beef Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I read an article sometime ago where a guy at 54 was a complete physical wreck. His doctor said if he didn't change his lifestyle he would never see 60. Some friends introduced him to weightlifting, he lost about 40lbs of fat and gained enough strength to set an open world record in the deadlift at 62.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Beef Newton
VET

Space Invaders Champion!
Beef Newton will become famous soon enough
Current Labs

Latest labs aren't so great... at least as far as Test. Not sure what's up. I should have gotten SHBG, as I'm perplexed. 15mg of Prop daily netted me 888 of Total Test early January. Now it's 400. I don't think it's an anomaly, either, because I have felt horrible the past few months and never stopped to think my test might be lowish. I'm going to go with the theory that my body is just needing more Testosterone, because honestly, my doses really have been low. I do like my Free Test being up that high, but I've still been feeling awful. I've doubled my Prop dose for now to make for an approximate 200mg weekly dose. This is on the top end of what's considered TRT, so we'll see what happens. I always laughed when I read people injecting 200mg weekly for TRT, because up until now, I always considered that just a never-ending light cycle. Instead of 30mg daily at once, I added a 15mg injection with dinner in case my SHBG is just total shit.

I disagree that Estradiol is "normal." E2 of 10 sucks, though the ratio of TT/E2 is around 40, which is actually perfect. Going to keep my low-dose AI going and see if I can get a linear response along with the doubling of Prop to get up in the 20's next time.

Glad I got Iron because I'm just beginning a deficiency... and I just drained a pint of blood thinking my hematocrit was high. It wasn't, so I ended up making that even worse. Oh well, at least I won't need to drain a pint for quite some time now. It will take months to fix iron levels. Blood chemistry is mostly fine and just shows the beginning stages of problems, so I caught it in time.

Cholesterol continues to improve. LDL always an issue with TRT users, but it keeps going down. It's almost below 100.

I've never much tracked my IGF levels, but this result puzzles me (470). I did not have my morning injections the day of labs. When blood was drawn, it had been over 24 hours since my last injection or 2iU GH. Or maybe I just have a concept error with IGF.

Note that I rounded the lab value results. It would be pretty easy to identify me if someone had access to lab results. Giving exact numbers would be like giving a fingerprint.

I only posted interesting results. Liver values are great (note that the new addition of NAC and TUDCA below are not due to any liver issues.. they are purely experimental).

Edit: Ended up pulling back Prop dose to 20mg daily and bumping Masteron up to 40mg daily. 30mg of Prop daily was just too much. Probably need to bump Primo soon... has likely been a waste at 20mg daily.

New regimen as follows:

Morning
----------
-20mg Test P
-40mg Mast E
-20mg Primo E
-0.25mg Aromasin suspension
-x1 Jarrow NAC Sustain 600mg (exp)
-x1 Nutricost TUDCA 250mg (exp)
-x1 Jarrow Methyl Folate 1mg
-x2 Life Extension TMG 500mg
-x1 ProFerrin ES
-x1 Ester-C 1000mg
-x1 Gaia Herbs Rhodiola Rosea 120mg
-x1 Carlson Elite Omega 3
-6.25mg Proviron
-2iU hGH (5/2)

Lunch
------

-x1 ProFerrin ES

Dinner
--------
-x2 Botanical Craft Palm Fruit
-x2 Now Foods Boron 3mg
-x1 rounded tablespoon Creatine
-x1 Mag-Tab SR
-x1 ProFerrin ES
-x1 Thorne Zinc Picolinate
-2mg Cardura
-6.25mg Proviron

-500mcg tanning days right before tanning

Last edited by Beef Newton; 04-05-2019 at 01:27 PM..
Beef Newton is offline   Reply With Quote