Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 11-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
A1food4u

all good choices gentleman, there sodium content is significant though...
Old 11-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #17
A1food4u

Spice #3 Ocean's seven

By far the most complex blend sent. The ingredients being a mix of leafy herbs and fine ground spices needs to be shaken before each use as the ingredients tend to settle. My advice would be to store this one upside down on its lid, that way the lighter flakier ingredients wont be bunched up on top.

This is also the seasoning with the lowest sodium profile of all the spice blends.

chicken... the 1/4 tsp was nice, a bit mild but very flavorful, I sautéed the chicken, baking may work better. There is a nice balance to the herbs.

Pork.. the 1/4 tsp wasn't quite enough, the pork's flavor came through but some of the underlying flavors in the spice were lost. Another shake and I was happy

Beef... didn't try it the label didn't mention it

Veal.... the 1/4 tsp seasoned this nicely, very full flavor very complimentary to the veal

Sea bass.... this is where the seasoning had its shining moment. the flavor was rich and delicious, the 1/4 tsp was probably enough but I dusted it just a bit more, very enjoyable.

Shrimp... another winner....
Tuna steak.... very nice

Grilled veggies... and again nice flavor at the 1/4 tsp but a touch more really made the dish

To date this is my favorite. the blend is well balanced, even though the sodium is way low it seasons the meats chosen nicely, very complimentary without masking the taste of the protein...

THIS ONE GETS A BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #18
A1food4u

Let me apologize for the gap but was busy with the holiday

Spice # 4 POWER MEX

The blend stays mixed well, it has a peppery earthy taste. Only 88 mg sodium. this is surprising because of the fullness in the seasonings flavor. My initial thought is that the blend would benefit from a bit of dry cumin or cilantro. During the trial I added a pinch of both and the result was very pleasant.

chicken... oddly the suggested 1/4 tsp flavored this nicely, the cumin and cilantro addition made the taste leap towards traditional Mexican food

Pork... here I added a touch more as the pork seemed to mask the light flavor, very pleasant got the same flavor result adding the cumin and cilantro

Beef... this was very successful but at twice the recommended serving size, I felt goo about it though as the sodium was still way under 200 mg. didn't need the added spice

shrimp.... touchdown, and with a squeeze of fresh lime juice the dish excelled
Halibut... spot on again adding the citrus juice, fresh tomato brightened the whole dish

as just a bit of fun we substituted this spice in our pico recipe, the result was outstanding...

I liked this blend very much, I do think though to get that truly MEX flavor cumin would be a nice addition
Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #19
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
The foodie in me is salivating.
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #20
A1food4u

I've tried worse stuff that's for sure. The owner is a little disappointed, he expected a "wow this tastes good" review and got me instead...lol... but I promised I'd review this stuff honestly. Its good! but not strong enough at the suggested serving size, so that skews the number of servings per bottle as well as the sodium and protein claims.

I will definitely use the rest happily, and I'm jaded, guys with less training will find this stuff great...It does afterall really taste good when you use enough.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #21
A1food4u

Epilog

My overall impression of the product is very very favorable. As a professional I am rather stingy with praise and I tend to be a touch too analytical, but I see the real value in this product line.

First, as individuals who care what goes into our bodies you can’t beat that these products are an Organic, natural, non-GMO, non-irradiated, gluten free, sugar free and no preservative added product line. Now let’s all be honest, we pay extra for eating this way. It's much harder to produce products of this quality and so they cost a tad more. The introduction of Pea protein as an anti-caking ingredient is genius!

Second, not all lifters have made a lifetime career creating food. Having the variety that this line puts forward makes it easy to season meals differently without a lot of time and effort. All the spice blends were very flavorful and very enjoyably different. If you read my whole log it appears that I wasn't happy with some, that is untrue! In my desire to be fact oriented I used the products as per the serving size listed on the bottle. Let’s be real though, when seasoning a meal how many of us will measure a 1/4 tsp??? No One!!! But as the sodium content of the product line is so low in comparison to other over market products I feel confident that the extra sprinkle of spice is still far healthier than those others.

Third, the pea protein. Although the overall gram/serving addition is small I think the important thing to note is the manufacturer added a healthy ingredient to solve a problem that is all too often corrected by adding substantial amounts of chemicals. I have had the blends open on a counter in my home for two weeks now and they are still as easy to sprinkle as the day the bottles were opened. Pea Protein... Genius!!

Fourth, the use of a glass bottle instead of plastic is awesome. No chemical transference. No alteration of flavor. Better protection against humidity and temperature change. It's a quality oriented extra step that this guy appreciates.

Finally and most important....FLAVOR! The blends deliver! None of the blends were overpowering, none had a single ingredient over shadow the rest, none had a bitter aftertaste. The blends are all very versatile. They are easy to use and as such add a little variety to your meal prep. Prep meals as you always have, leaving the spices out though, now you can shake on the flavor of the day as you eat, so although it’s the same chicken as yesterday it has a new appealing flavor.

So in the end I give this line two cheffly thumbs up!!!!
Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #22
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Interesting. I put spices in everything I eat including my shakes. Too bad these are not available here.
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote