Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krustus
    VET
    • Jan 2017

so i have been taking 2 baby aspirin daily... and lots of lifting... and have had red blood in my stools for a while.. i'm convinced that this is my iron issue..

Christian Thibaudeau from tnation had a similar issue that ended catastrophic.. so maybe i'm ahead of the game by catching this now

After spending a summer doing a lot of CrossFit training with my wife, I fell in love again with Olympic lifting and decided to train for a comeback. I would do a form of squat, snatch and clean & jerk every day, often twice a day. That’s when I started to have severe bloody stools. I also started to lose weight.

In fact (and this is no joke) I was eating twelve hamburgers on average and a full box of cereal every single day (and that was just my “base”). Despite eating roughly 5000 calories a day I was losing weight at a fairly fast rate. The bloody stools lasted for three months, until one day I started to have chest pain when I trained. Then the chest pain lasted throughout the day. I got admitted to the hospital for a heart attack.

The cause of the heart attack wasn’t the heart itself or anything I did, but the fact that I lost so much blood over a three month period that I didn’t have enough red blood cells to send oxygen to the heart. My red blood cell count was 25% of the normal level.

Comment

Working...