Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Bubba289
VET

Bubba289 is on a distinguished road
Blood work (High DHEAS, weird cortisol)

I guess the first thing I need to ask is, does TRT affect DHEAS levels? If not, what could be causing mine to be so elevated? Secondly, my cortisol isn't following the natural arc that it should be and I have many of the symptoms of high cortisol (although mine isn't high, just out of whack) and "adrenal fatigue". Insomnia, anxiety, red face, mood swings, fatigue, increased urination, ED, to name a few. I've had this DHEAS and cortisol test done twice about 18 months apart and both times had basically identical results. Any ideas on a probable cause or a solution?. All I'm on is 200/wk of test and that's all I've been on for a long time now. That keeps me in the 1100-1200 range. Thanks for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCI04022018.jpg (477.8 KB, 19 views)
Bubba289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Glycomann

Where is your estrogen? Taking any AI?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Bubba289
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Where is your estrogen? Taking any AI?
At the upper end of the range, 67 with the top of the range being 70. I've since started low dose aromasin but no relief in symptoms so far. You think there's any chance sleep apnea could be causing this? My wife is a nurse and she's convinced I have it. She's even recorded me sleeping on her phone and I've gotta admit, it doesn't sound right. I've been reading some since I started this thread and it does appear that sleep apnea can affect cortisol. Not sure about DHEAS yet.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
Glycomann

DHEAS is way upstream. You could be spilling somewhere else down the chain. Sleep apnea is really rough, very debilitating over time. The first thing that come to mind to me is that you are right at the edge of high T range and probably above that sometimes during the week. Holding water is going to go to your neck tissues and that could be leading to snoring and apnea. First thing I would do is get complete blood work done and see where everything is. I wouldn't be surprised it your hematocrit is high. High red cells make me feel tired and lethargic, sore, snoring etc. So much test sets my mineral corticoid signaling out of whack. Even if you don't think you are holding water chances are you are, especially if you are seeing sock rings. I drop to 100 mg/w after a 3 week clean out and I do a lot better.

As far as the cortisol, you know that it goes up at night. The only one that is out is the night reading and it's barely over the 2 SD line so not sure how abnormal it is. Could be a bit out. Your DHEAS is high so could be pushing it up a bit. Probably not even close to what's seen in Cushings syndrome.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
Glycomann

Anyhow just guessing on my part.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
Bubba289
VET

Yeah hemocrit and hemoglobin were both 1-2 points above the top end of the range. The thing is though, I was on nothing but HCG for like 2 years as my HRT therapy and still had all these same symptoms. That's why I'm looking for other possible causes. Despite daily meditation for the past 2 years and a relatively low stress job I feel like I'm always in a frantic fight or flight mode, yet physically exhausted at the same time.

I ordered a mouth piece for snoring and sleep apnea last night and found several other products that I could try if this one doesn't work. I really don't want to resort to a CPAP. I also saw where they can do some sort of minor surgery now for sleep apnea. But I'm getting way ahead of myself since I haven't even had a sleep study to make sure I actually have it. And even if I have it who knows if that's what's causing my problems.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
Glycomann

Have you tried a quick minor clean out, dropping TRT for 3 weeks and then start back up at 100 mg/week? Like I stated earlier, 200 mg/w on the long term is too much for me. I get lethargic and other symptoms like you say. Funny thing happens almost every time I do a clean out. About 10 days in or so my sex drive increases. It lasts about a week or 2 and then drops as the hormones crash. Guessing that things drift into the right ranges for a brief period signaling roughly the point the body seems to like.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Bubba289
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Have you tried a quick minor clean out, dropping TRT for 3 weeks and then start back up at 100 mg/week? Like I stated earlier, 200 mg/w on the long term is too much for me. I get lethargic and other symptoms like you say. Funny thing happens almost every time I do a clean out. About 10 days in or so my sex drive increases. It lasts about a week or 2 and then drops as the hormones crash. Guessing that things drift into the right ranges for a brief period signaling roughly the point the body seems to like.
Yeah I think I'll drop test altogether and just do 250iu of HCG 3 times a week for a month and see if I notice any difference in mental state, physical fatigue, insomnia, etc. Can't hurt anything! I've been needing to run some HCG anyway to puff the boys back up so this will give me an opportunity to do that anyway.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #9
Glycomann

Good luck.