Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ligirl

causes for loss of sexual desire

Common causes for a loss of sexual desire and drive in women include:

Interpersonal relationship issues. Partner performance problems, lack of emotional satisfaction with the relationship, the birth of a child, and becoming a caregiver for a loved one can decrease sexual desire.

Sociocultural influences. Job stress, peer pressure, and media images of sexuality can negatively influence sexual desire
    Low testosterone. Testosterone affects sexual drive in both men and women. Testosterone levels peak in women's mid-20s and then steadily decline until menopause, when they drop dramatically
    Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression, or medical conditions, such as endometriosis, fibroids, and thyroid disorders, impact a woman's sexual drive both mentally and physically.

Medications: Certain antidepressants (including the new generation of SSRIs), blood pressure lowering drugs, and oral contraceptives can lower sexual drive in many ways, such as decreasing available testosterone levels or affecting blood flow.

Age. Blood levels of androgens fall continuously in women as they age
  • DblDmnGd38

I totally agree with you Ligirl, also self esteem can play a factor in loss of desire.

Comment

• GirlPatriot

Libido loss due to b/c pills is cumlative. The only way to reverse it is to stop the b/c for about 3 months and start the process over again.
      ~GP

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by DblDmnGd38
        self esteem can play a factor.

That's why you get a man

That way he can compliment you everyday

***notice how I said "man", not a kid***

Comment

• DblDmnGd38

Originally posted by rado
          That's why you get a man