Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Cancer scrambles

Sometimes I can't keep up. It's been a bi-weekly thing lately; gouge it out and stitch it up this week, pull the stitches and gouge another in 2 weeks. I'm not sure I even feel anything any more except work which I thoroughly enjoy. The gash on my shoulder opened up. Gonna be ugly but I got the stitches out yesterday. Bent some heavy (80) lb steel boxes the past two days. Did a lot of lifting overhead with them to bend, move and stack. They glued the shoulder gash but it had already spread. They sliced another 1 1/2" gash outer arm above the elbow, plus two more biopsies. An itchy mole and a new dark spot. The dark spot I'm most concerned about; that could be melanoma. So far I've had Basel and Squamous cell carcinomas which have to be removed. If it's the start of melanoma I'm in trouble. On a good note I have the Father/Daughter Dance this Friday with my 11 year old at the elementary school. Any time with her is fun, she's a sweet heart! Then I'm taking the 16 year old to a Regatta on Sunday. More sun but fun as well. Cherish every moment.
  • bufbiker

I'm afraid to go to the dermatologist. Haven't been in five years or so. But this is a good reminder thst I need to.
    Hopefully it will all turn out well for you.
    But you need to write that book before it's too late.

Comment

Working...