Ever wanna bitch slap this guy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Ever wanna bitch slap this guy?

So I'm bangin arms today. Nobody in the gym but me. In walks some dude about 23 y.o and maybe 5'9 & 160. He comes over in my area. He's got his ear buds in, does 5 reps of VERY easy curls, sits down and has his face planted in his mobile phone for 5 mins. Gets up, does 5 more curls - not even coming close to pushing himself, sits back down, on his mobile 5 mins. Etc etc. I'm smashing arms via supersets, and thinking why dafuq is he even here? Like, you don't even deserve to be in the same room with me or breathing my air. I REALLY wanted to say something to him, like why are you here dude? But I said nothing. Amazing to me that people like this even waste their time going to a gym. I mean, why? It meant nothing to me that he was using very light weights, it's the point of not even giving any effort whatsoever, then living on your phone. Like go bowling or play badminton or something.
  • Joe0690
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

Sounds like me I was wondering why this big guy kept giving me dirty looks as he did endless sets of curls like doesn't he know that's over training lol

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I like gyms that don't allow smart phones in the training area.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Bananas
        Vet
        • Nov 2005

man the phone is a crazy addiction now a days. I was at breakfast with two of my friends a week ago. One is 29 the other one is 25 and the whole time they were on their phone. I wanted to check mine too, but i forced myself to not touch it.

I can be guilty of constantly checking texts and email on my phone as if the world is going to stop without me. The only way to break that addiction is to get rid of a smart phone but its so valuable now adays. I use it for music, gps, banking etc.

Comment

• bufbiker

My smart phone is only as smart as the user. So it's literally a dumbass.

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

DH,

You have just described how many people go through life, not just the gym. I preach to my son all the it that work ethic will separate him from the masses. Few people have a strong work ethic. Regardless if you work for someone else or chart your own destiny work ethic and the resiliency to get back up when you get knocked down is what creates success in any form.
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• bufbiker

Yep! ^^^

Comment

• Glycomann

Yeah I have never seen that shit in the squat rack. Get that bitch in the squat rack.

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Glycomann
                  Yeah I have never seen that shit in the squat rack. Get that bitch in the squat rack.
                  Love it!! The least used equipment in the gym!!

Something about puking that keeps most casual gym goers away. ))
                  The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• blm
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2015

Yes absolutely.

On the flip side, I watched this dude the other day come in, probably​ 5'10" 240 range solid as a rock. Sits down starts chugging his drink, pulls out his phone and fks off for about 10 minutes then puts on one of those hi altitude training masks gets up picks up 80lb db, sits back down and pulls out his phone. Takes off the mask, fks around on the phone, stands up puts the mask back on, gets ready (so I thought) to start lifting.... Then did this same back and forth mask on, mask off, texting shit for a solid half hour. When I was leaving he had just started lifting.

I thought damn if that's how you get that big, I need to reconsider everything lol

Comment

• basskiller
                      Administrator
                      • Aug 2003

Blame social networking. . People can seem to be away for it for more than a few moments.
                      Owner of
                      Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
                      basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Friggemall

My gym is full of these adn this couple that takes the cable machine for an hour and spends most of it on PDA, I did tell them once to get a room, work out or get off the dam* machine. We also have a chick that spends more time looking in the mirror and tucking her leggings up the crack of her ass...seriously, every set the hikes em up and tucks em in...she has a great ass though so I do watch, lol. Fn kids though...lift bitches, lift!

Comment

• bufbiker

I thought you went to the gym to meet women. They have weights there too? Wow!!! I never noticed.

Comment

• DrMoney23
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2013

What do people care what other people are doing while they are in the gym? That is so dumb. Instead of being a judgemental dick, why not offer to help them or ask if they want to train together since you were both hitting arms.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by DrMoney23
                              What do people care what other people are doing while they are in the gym? That is so dumb. Instead of being a judgemental dick, why not offer to help them or ask if they want to train together since you were both hitting arms.
                              So you're that guy eh?

Opinions vary - no need for acting like a child with the name calling. Read the rules.

Comment

Working...