Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

If the guy has his face in a phone at the gym, it is just a guess, but I would say we would not have similar arm routines. DPH said nothing to him. That is self control, not being a dick. We have all had guys that don't belong near free weights taking up space. They have yoga for that crowd.
    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
      So you're that guy eh?

Opinions vary - no need for acting like a child with the name calling. Read the rules.
      Hank I agreed with you from the start, some people who play with their phones, take up several pieces of equipment at the same time, yell, scream or loud grunting while lifting all piss me off. IMO these are the guys showing disrespect to the other members. I hit the gym everyday at 430 am, these are the reasons why.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• DrMoney23
        Vet
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
        So you're that guy eh?

Opinions vary - no need for acting like a child with the name calling. Read the rules.
        But why troll on him? Did he really bother you that bad? Stay in your lane, bro. I couldn't careless what other people are doing in the gym...that's their business. And he didn't deserve to be in the gym with you or breathing your air??? Come on now...who are you?

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by DrMoney23
          But why troll on him? Did he really bother you that bad? Stay in your lane, bro. I couldn't careless what other people are doing in the gym...that's their business. And he didn't deserve to be in the gym with you or breathing your air??? Come on now...who are you?
          You think it makes more since to start a squabble over some unknown person in a city you have no idea where it is, or even if this said person even exists. If you're looking to flame someone over BS, take it somewhere else.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• DrMoney23
            Vet
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by liftsiron
            You think it makes more since to start a squabble over some unknown person in a city you have no idea where it is, or even if this said person even exists. If you're looking to flame someone over BS, take it somewhere else.
            I'm not flaming...I just have a different opinion. No harm in that.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

I believe I know where you're coming from and I can see your point. You and Hank are both good people, I just don't want to see hard feelings develop between the two of you over what I think is a silly situation.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                • Apr 2006

Brother, I don't think DPH was serious about wanting to bitch slap the guy or saying something to him. The breathing his air comment wasn't meant to take literally, more for humor dramatization of a lazy turd in the gym. I don't really care what people do either, and I don't think DPH was stressed out on any of this, but rather just making a post with some comedic value since the forum has been more on the slow side, and of course, we all have those people in our gyms. Don't look into it too much and take the post literally, my man

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm still looking for the weights in my Planet Fitness. But lots of chubby chick to lift!!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                    Brother, I don't think DPH was serious about wanting to bitch slap the guy or saying something to him. The breathing his air comment wasn't meant to take literally, more for humor dramatization of a lazy turd in the gym. I don't really care what people do either, and I don't think DPH was stressed out on any of this, but rather just making a post with some comedic value since the forum has been more on the slow side, and of course, we all have those people in our gyms. Don't look into it too much and take the post literally, my man
                    BMJ you know me too well fruitcake!

Just to add, I've worked out in too many gyms to count - including abroad in third world conditions - and nothing can take away from my focus when training. The guy I was talking about in my initial post didn't affect my workout whatsoever. The part about breathing my air was fucking sarcasm, along with some other shit I said. My main point was about how some people go to the gym and give no effort whatsoever & just live on their phone, which IMO is pointless. MY FUCKING OPINION. Anyone has s different opinion that's GREAT - afterall opinions vary. This certainly isn't an issue for someone to get their panties in a wad & resort to name calling and dissing other members/mods here.

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

yeah, I have worked out in third world gyms too. Right here in this country.

I have to admit though. I have had some great workouts in them. No barbie dolls, no pretty boys, no stair climbers, no distraction just sweat and iron.
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Glycomann

Yeah it really doesn't bother me what people are doing in the gym unless it interferes with what I need to get done. Like when I need to get my leg extensions done and some guy is doing like Hank said, crappy non reps and spending time on the machine like it's his lounge chair at home on his phone. Usually I will just ask if I can work in and they will say last set or two more. If they say 2 more or more than that I will ask again mind if I work in. And thye will say OK. But it aggravates me. Hank and I are the same age. When we started this it was a lot different. Gym etiquette was pretty steep. more people busted their balls.. not everybody but almost everybody. People teamed up more in pairs ant triples to train. The gym was the opposite of a lounge. So for old twats like me and Hank it makes our brains misfire to see some skinny lad texting in an area that is made for busting ass and tearing down muscle.

Comment

• A.B
                          VET
                          • Jun 2004

On another note-

Fck this one guy kills me every time in the th gym. He blasting his music you can hear from a mile away. Ear phones in. Hitting any excercises and he is counting the reps painfully mid rep... 1111......22222....33333 followed by, "come on god you can do it", 444444444.... its painfully funny cause I don't think he realizes he's doing it

Comment

• blackdream71

I dont give a fuck what other people do in the gym, i just get my shit done and get the fuck outta there,
                            does certain shit annoy me at times? of course, but nowadays i just have a "you do you bro" attitude., saves my blood pressure from rising exponentially that way lol.

Comment

• blackdream71

Last edited by Darkness; 05-06-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Darkness
                                • Apr 2011

Blackdream we don't need that here either. Please don't do that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...