Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Promotion and a raise

It was a busy week with both my truck and motorcycle breaking down. The owner had my truck towed to the shop then threw me the keys to his 2012 BMW R1200RS motorcycle to ride 25 miles home in the rain. Trusting soul! Thing is a rocket ship! The nagging truck problems may be over though, as I descovered 4 issues that were scant and difficult but explains the recent Gremlins. A tight ship is what I need for my 50 mile round trip daily commute. Returned the boss's bike and then my R100 left me sit the next day. Charging issue. New battery but it's still there, need to adjust the new regulator I put in back Oct '16. Will do tomorrow. I also noticed a disconnected cable preventing charge voltage; all good. On Thursday the owner took me aside and offered a promotion to shipping and receiving. Yes, very good placement in the new warehouse, on the ground floor, sweet! Then the second in command came and made sure I was OK with the new position and offered me a raise as well. Very cool. I took it and start on Monday. They also want me to run the 13 foot shear machine cutting sheet steel. A hard and calculated job so I accepted it. Two months ago the 70 year old truck delivery driver told me the owner called him from vacation and said he found the guy to run the new shipping warehouse, so the owner has been watching me since to see if I fit. I told him I would only do it if I could move slowly to reaclimate myself the the tow motor, as I hadn't run one in 30 years. He said he "wants" me to go slow "that's too much weight overhead to fool around with," he said, "No more injuries, take your time, do it safely, is what I want!" Yeah, things are moving forward! Getting stitches removed on Tuesday, and new cancer on my leg looked at, then after I set up surgery for the umbilical cord hernia, things should be rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll; all there is can be...
  • bufbiker

Congrats.

Comment

• Starman
      Vet
      • Sep 2013

Bout time your karma turned around!
      MESSAGE TO YOUNGER SELF : GET THE MOTORCYCLE DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE HELMET.
      YOU WILL UNDERSTAND LATER!

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

Congrats bro, glad to see you turning the ship in the right direction.
        The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

This thread reminds me of the time Bre won me in a bet and bought me dinner at TGI Fridays after giving me the clap.

Comment

• bufbiker

Dinner and a disease is always better than dinner and a movie.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by bufbiker
              Dinner and a disease is always better than dinner and a movie.

Comment

Working...