Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Arnold Classic Australia LIVE

Starts at 1AM EST - in 26 mins. Hope Levrone truly did bring his legs up alot as claimed - hope he does well. Stacked line up.

https://livestream.com/mysportlive/events/8028926
Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

That sucks. Guess it's a pay thing - MD fucked up.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
Glycomann

I was disappointed. Sorry to see Kevin so undersize in the legs. He also looked deflated and bad skin like diuretics overuse.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
I was disappointed. Sorry to see Kevin so undersize in the legs. He also looked deflated and bad skin like diuretics overuse.
Yeah. All that leg work didn't do much. Smooth abs & wide waist too.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Glycomann

Seemed like most of his leg work at least that he showed was all low reps heavy weight. Maybe a different strategy would have worked better but who knows. Aging sucks doorknobs.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #6
Glycomann

I think it was a huge mistake to fly in a day and a half out. When I fly that long I hold water. I'm sure if you are comp prepping with all that supplementation it's worse. He should have Flown in a week out. Instead he went to the Arnold Columbus for a day and a 1/2 and then messed around flying in a day out from stage day. Bad way to end an 18 month prep.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #7
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Man, he looks bad up there, worse than the Olympia.

Has he lost his stomach muscles/abs for good? I mean, has he reached the age where he will not have a good 6 pack again? Serious question.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #8
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post

Has he lost his stomach muscles/abs for good? I mean, has he reached the age where he will not have a good 6 pack again? Serious question.
I'm over 60 and can tell you there is no such age if you're doing the right things consistently.
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post

No like I stated earlier, that flight sucks donkey turds. You WILL hold water andlooks shit for several days minimum. Modulated cabin pressure or not, the body senses altitude and will conserve fluids since, as you know, vaporization occurs at a higher rate at altitude.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

He said numerous times he was doing 315 x 20 for 4 sets on squats. That's painful to just think about. Followed that with leg presses, hacks. How da fuck his legs haven't grown is beyond me. I'm 54, still have good legs & haven't squatted in 15 years. Then again I didn't take a 13 year layoff.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #11
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
I'm over 60 and can tell you there is no such age if you're doing the right things consistently.
That's good to know, thanks, RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
No like I stated earlier, that flight sucks donkey turds. You WILL hold water andlooks shit for several days minimum. Modulated cabin pressure or not, the body senses altitude and will conserve fluids since, as you know, vaporization occurs at a higher rate at altitude.
Yea, I agree, I think you are right. I know many competitors who have done exactly what you suggested in flying a week or so earlier than their contest. I wonder why he made such a rookie mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
He said numerous times he was doing 315 x 20 for 4 sets on squats. That's painful to just think about. Followed that with leg presses, hacks. How da fuck his legs haven't grown is beyond me. I'm 54, still have good legs & haven't squatted in 15 years. Then again I didn't take a 13 year layoff.
At 52, he looks phenomenal, but yea, he got worse since the Olympia. Yea, his legs have regressed big time. I know a lot of the competitors at ProM who are older have stated that was one of the first to go for them...no so much size as much as quadsweep development. This in addition to excess skin from getting too out of shape, mainly in the abdominal region.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #12
Dawgpound_Hank

I'm a big fan of Kevins & was one of the many that was hoping his insane genetics could overcome time. Obviously not. It wasn't just his legs or conditioning. His pec thickness is nothing like before - especially upper pecs. Back detail is gone also. The guy still has those great delts & arms, but that's about it. He's built a helluva following since his comeback - including myself - but nobody in their right mind will ever buy into it IF he ever decides to come back again.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #13
Glycomann

I feel like we bag full of old men are breaking his balls for being old. I think we were all wishing he would defeat time. Sorry to say but we just don't see 53 year old sprinters taking the 100 at the Olympics. We don't even see them taking 13th. What can we do? If he came in dialed in he might have bumped up to 11th. I'm living not far from him. Use to train in the same gym as Rhoden. Rumor was that Kevin had to shoot his sweeps back in the day. Wondering if they were never his best body part to begin with. We age and the back, knees, hips and neck wears out. Short of a miracle we weren't going to see a 95% Kevin ever again. We saw a 250 on stage Kevin and it was not world class with nothing below mid thigh reminiscent of 1996. I feel bad for him but then again I don't he put in his work and, if we were true to ourselves, he did pull off somewhat of a miracle. He probably brought back 75% of the old Kevin. He hack squatted 7 plates a side. He deadlifted 600 easily. He behind the neck pressed ~400 for reps. He bench pressed well into the 500s. He is still a freaking beast at 53.. just not as pretty as he sue to be. But who is so pretty at 53 after battling chaos for 1/2 a century. What else can I say. I hope he keeps banging away, finds a way to train without turning into Ronnie and guest poses for 2 years and give us some great pics to keep the drama going between haters and fans.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #14
MR. BMJ

Yea those are all good points you guys put up. I have a ton of respect for the guy to at least try and see what he could do. Same here, I was hoping for the miracle to happen...reality kind of sets in.

On a somewhat different note, Lee Labrada recently put up some leg/quad pics, and they look phenomenal. He's aged well.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #15
Glycomann

Looks a lot better here a week later at the Gladiator down the road from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97I7Co6PFuM