Kaz says Platz used fake weights

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Kaz says Platz used fake weights

It was when Platz squatted 500lbs for 23 reps with Fred Hatfield & Bill Kazmaier behind him. Kaz even rooting him on - then years later he says it was fake weights based on how Tom never slowed down during the higher reps pfffft. Platz was a friggin' squatting machine.

• Glycomann

In his 60s he's still doing 315 for 25 reps.

Comment

• MindlessWork
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Glycomann
      In his 60s he's still doing 315 for 25 reps.
      Still solid for that age I say. Fake weights? Is there any evidence of that?
      “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by MindlessWork
        Fake weights? Is there any evidence of that?
        No. Kaz said he calls fake weights bcoz Platz did them so easily even until the end (paraphrasing here - watch the video to hear it yourself).

Comment

• MR. BMJ
          • Apr 2006

Yea, hard to say. The short clip of the weights look real, but who knows. Kaz is no small game guy, so this is pretty big coming from somebody of his stature. I do see what he is saying, but how would he have not known at the time standing right there?

I do wonder if there should have been more bend to the bar though? Thoughts?

I have a feeling this will get huge on the forums!!!

These are 2 of the greatest guys ever in their perspective sports. WOW!

Comment

• Big B
            Banned
            • Jan 2016

Come on now, talking about Tom Platz here. The guy with horse legs...

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Why did Kaz wait this long to run his mouth?
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Kaz is a monster. Use to see him regularly at th gym in upstate NY back in the 80s. To me seems like all those people gathered round for that lift would have had to have been in on it, which I can't believe. Platz was an animal and a psyhopath in the gym. Like I said, he is 62 and still hopping around ass to grass with 315 on his back for dozens of reps to this day. FU Kaz.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

If you e never squatted 6-700 lbs doing 500 for reps seems unreal. There are guys at the gym I train at now that are repping 500 + in their training. Hell, I was hitting 495 for 10-12 reps in my 50's before I compressed my L5 into my S1.
                  Tom Platz is much more of a bad ass than I'll ever be. Kaz on the other hand used lower reps and higher weights. So I call bill zhit ti Kaz's call of bill shit.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• b52
                    • Oct 2006

Honestly didn't even know fake weights were a thing. Doubt platz used fake weights. Guys legs are bigger than my torso.

Comment

• preist943
                      VET
                      • Apr 2018

platz had some of the biggest legs ever i can see him squating that easy . on top of that it wasnt his only session doing so . i would really doubt he could run around from gym to gym lugging fake 45s and nobody ever noticed . kaz wow what a lifter right ? why would he say it ? i think hes getting up there in years like when i was a kid and my 80 year old grandmother swore they had planes in the civil war

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by preist943
                        ...like when i was a kid and my 80 year old grandmother swore they had planes in the civil war
                        Haha!

Comment

Working...