X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGAF
    Vet
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by T1DMMA2BB
    Welcome to PM! Good to see another fighter former or not on the board!
    I hung up the gloves in 2008, I am getting old and broken down. I had a double hernia surgery and both my shoulders operated on, now I have 4 anchors in each shoulder holding my tendons. IDK if I will get back in the ring again, I would like to one more time.
    sigpicDGAF

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
      Vet
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by DGAF
      I hung up the gloves in 2008, I am getting old and broken down. I had a double hernia surgery and both my shoulders operated on, now I have 4 anchors in each shoulder holding my tendons. IDK if I will get back in the ring again, I would like to one more time.
      Ouch, yea I wouldn't exactly be all over jumping back in there if I were you either. But still good to see another fighter on the board. I dont know if there are more on here actually. Ill have to look. What caused the shoulders to go? (If you dont mind me asking of course). I had some shoulder issues too but I used therapy and bands to get them back. Then slowly worked them back into shape. Seem to be stronger that way too but then again they havent been really tested other than lifting.

Comment

• DGAF
        Vet
        • Dec 2013

Ouch, yea I wouldn't exactly be all over jumping back in there if I were you either. But still good to see another fighter on the board. I dont know if there are more on here actually. Ill have to look. What caused the shoulders to go? (If you dont mind me asking of course). I had some shoulder issues too but I used therapy and bands to get them back. Then slowly worked them back into shape. Seem to be stronger that way too but then again they havent been really tested other than lifting.
        I tore my shoulders doing heavy smith machine military presses to the front. I went for 405 and half way up my shoulder started hurting real bad, I racked the weight right after that and called it a day. It just got progressively worse as the years went by, I waited 15 years before I went to get it looked at and by then it had gone through so much it was destroyed. The doctor told me he couldn't believe I could even move my arm let alone lift weights everyday, I lifted right up to the day before surgery. I fought with messed up shoulders and won a championship!!! Fighting don't help them though that's for sure.

Mine were way to far gone, I had to have surgery. The doc said they were the worst shoulders he has ever seen in someone my age and to have both operated on before the age of 40 is very rare and virtually unseen. Mine are strong now and probably as good if not better than they were before I messed them up. The doc said I can go all out if I wanted but I wont ever do that cause I am not taking that chance.
        sigpicDGAF

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
          Vet
          • Apr 2013

I tore my shoulders doing heavy smith machine military presses to the front. I went for 405 and half way up my shoulder started hurting real bad, I racked the weight right after that and called it a day. It just got progressively worse as the years went by, I waited 15 years before I went to get it looked at and by then it had gone through so much it was destroyed. The doctor told me he couldn't believe I could even move my arm let alone lift weights everyday, I lifted right up to the day before surgery. I fought with messed up shoulders and won a championship!!! Fighting don't help them though that's for sure.

Mine were way to far gone, I had to have surgery. The doc said they were the worst shoulders he has ever seen in someone my age and to have both operated on before the age of 40 is very rare and virtually unseen. Mine are strong now and probably as good if not better than they were before I messed them up. The doc said I can go all out if I wanted but I wont ever do that cause I am not taking that chance.
          Man! That is rough! I can't believe that you waited so long to go get them checked out! Props to you being an unseen case before though! Thats a "bad ass" notch in your belt for sure haha. Glad to know you are doing better now though. Surgery is rough. Hard to recover from too. Again props to getting better. I understand that you dont want to take the chances. That is completely understandable.

Comment

• DGAF
            Vet
            • Dec 2013

Man! That is rough! I can't believe that you waited so long to go get them checked out! Props to you being an unseen case before though! Thats a "bad ass" notch in your belt for sure haha. Glad to know you are doing better now though. Surgery is rough. Hard to recover from too. Again props to getting better. I understand that you dont want to take the chances. That is completely understandable.
            I didn't want to be out of the gym so I waited thinking they would just get better and instead they got worse and cost me a lot more time out of the gym than it would have been had I got them checked out earlier. Recovery was terrible and hard. I do not wish that surgery on anyone, I always tell people get them checked out asap when they hurt cause you don't want to be like me and go through all that I did. I appreciate the kind words brother.

I will see if I can dig out my post surgery pics, they are a good eye opener for shoulder surgery for sure.
            sigpicDGAF

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
              Vet
              • Apr 2013

I didn't want to be out of the gym so I waited thinking they would just get better and instead they got worse and cost me a lot more time out of the gym than it would have been had I got them checked out earlier. Recovery was terrible and hard. I do not wish that surgery on anyone, I always tell people get them checked out asap when they hurt cause you don't want to be like me and go through all that I did. I appreciate the kind words brother.

I will see if I can dig out my post surgery pics, they are a good eye opener for shoulder surgery for sure.
              Yea man not to sound weird but it would be interesting to see before and after. I have *knock on wood* not had to have surgery yet so I am fortunate so far. No problem on the words man. I am glad to hear that you are betting better and getting back in the gym too. I cant imagine how hard it would be to miss the gym for long periods of time. I did it once and I thought I would lose my mind. Im back at it like a crack head now haha.

Comment

• DGAF
                Vet
                • Dec 2013

Yea man not to sound weird but it would be interesting to see before and after. I have *knock on wood* not had to have surgery yet so I am fortunate so far. No problem on the words man. I am glad to hear that you are betting better and getting back in the gym too. I cant imagine how hard it would be to miss the gym for long periods of time. I did it once and I thought I would lose my mind. Im back at it like a crack head now haha.
                I know I have pics of my surgery in the computer somewhere, I just have to dig through the folders to find them. They are pretty nasty, all the holes stitched up around my shoulder and I have a catheter in my neck with a tube to a fanny pack full of medicine that this machine was constantly giving me. I was all bandaged up like I was wearing football shoulder pads lol. I got pics of my hernia all sewn up and sick looking too. I take pics of all that kind of stuff so I can show my kids and other people what I went through with certain injuries and hopefully is steers them in the direction of seeing a doc if they have the pains I had. I think I have pics of my leg that I had to have an abcess lanced, that was so painful!

The gym is part of my life and when I was in a sling and being medicated through a tube in the side of my neck I still went to the gym with my wife and watched her train. I couldn't help her or touch anything but I could be there for supportive words and encouragement. Even being all messed up fresh from surgery I was still in the gym everyday physically, just not doing anything myself.
                sigpicDGAF

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
                  Vet
                  • Apr 2013

I know I have pics of my surgery in the computer somewhere, I just have to dig through the folders to find them. They are pretty nasty, all the holes stitched up around my shoulder and I have a catheter in my neck with a tube to a fanny pack full of medicine that this machine was constantly giving me. I was all bandaged up like I was wearing football shoulder pads lol. I got pics of my hernia all sewn up and sick looking too. I take pics of all that kind of stuff so I can show my kids and other people what I went through with certain injuries and hopefully is steers them in the direction of seeing a doc if they have the pains I had. I think I have pics of my leg that I had to have an abcess lanced, that was so painful!

The gym is part of my life and when I was in a sling and being medicated through a tube in the side of my neck I still went to the gym with my wife and watched her train. I couldn't help her or touch anything but I could be there for supportive words and encouragement. Even being all messed up fresh from surgery I was still in the gym everyday physically, just not doing anything myself.
                  Damn man that is dedication. I have heard about having abscesses lanced and heard it hurts like hell. Havent had the pleasure of going through that yet haha. Yea I can imagine the pictures would help with people not wanting to go to the doc with pain. Im sure it would help me if I were in that position. Thats awesome your girl trains. My girl will eat a pizza and lose ten pounds. Its irritating. Me I look at it and gain two haha.

Comment

• Ironworker1
                    Vet
                    • Sep 2013

Wow, has me thinking because I go through a lot of pain on both of my shoulders every day. Especially while I'm sleeping and when I get up in the morning it's like awwwww fuck. To bench I have to find that comfort spot so I can finish me reps.

Comment

• DGAF
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Ironworker1
                      Wow, has me thinking because I go through a lot of pain on both of my shoulders every day. Especially while I'm sleeping and when I get up in the morning it's like awwwww fuck. To bench I have to find that comfort spot so I can finish me reps.
                      I would definitely go get it checked at your doctors, he will probably take an xray and see if it shows a tear or something abnormal, if there is something he sees in it he will send you for an mri. From there they will be able to see a lot more and to what extent it is messed up. Trust me bro you do not want to go through the surgery, the longer you let it go the worse it can get and the worse the surgery and longer the recovery.
                      sigpicDGAF

Comment

• Ironworker1
                        Vet
                        • Sep 2013

I would definitely go get it checked at your doctors, he will probably take an xray and see if it shows a tear or something abnormal, if there is something he sees in it he will send you for an mri. From there they will be able to see a lot more and to what extent it is messed up. Trust me bro you do not want to go through the surgery, the longer you let it go the worse it can get and the worse the surgery and longer the recovery.
                        I will most definitely go and get it checked out, i think i better...Thanks

Comment

Working...