X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stickler
    VET
    • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Chooch
    For somebody in your shoes I’d suggest checking out Chrono24. You can buy nice watches (some used and for a good price) from dealers all over the country that are vetted, so no risk of scam, and your money actually goes to Chrono24 not the seller, until you receive the watch and verify it. Good deals can be found and pretty safe for anybody worried about getting scammed. If you didn’t know, you can’t just walk into a Rolex AD and buy a watch. They won’t sell to you unless you have a relationship with them so the grey market is your best option.
    Appreciate the info. Once I'm ready to buy.. I'll definitely check it out!

Comment

• Tiny
      VET
      • Jan 2024

For somebody in your shoes I’d suggest checking out Chrono24. You can buy nice watches (some used and for a good price) from dealers all over the country that are vetted, so no risk of scam, and your money actually goes to Chrono24 not the seller, until you receive the watch and verify it. Good deals can be found and pretty safe for anybody worried about getting scammed. If you didn’t know, you can’t just walk into a Rolex AD and buy a watch. They won’t sell to you unless you have a relationship with them so the grey market is your best option.
      Mine was grey market. Some guy would fly to Asia and some other countries where they are substantially cheaper retail and exchange rate wise and would buy a bunch and flip them in the USA.

I got my submariner two tone for like $6500 in 2007. A couple thousand less than us retail. They currently sell for well over $12-$13K.

Submariner is my favorite model. Goes with any attire from jeans to a suit.

Comment

• Chooch
        VET
        • Oct 2009

I have a submariner Hulk, and they’re selling for much more than 13k now. If you got one at that price, even considering the exchange rate, I’d take it to an AD for verification. Not trying to sound like a dick but thats OBSCENELY cheap. If it’s legit, good for you. Glad to see somebody figuring out how to get ahead.

Comment

• Tiny
          VET
          • Jan 2024

I have a submariner Hulk, and they’re selling for much more than 13k now. If you got one at that price, even considering the exchange rate, I’d take it to an AD for verification. Not trying to sound like a dick but thats OBSCENELY cheap. If it’s legit, good for you. Glad to see somebody figuring out how to get ahead.
          Yes. It was authenticated and complete. My wife actually bought it for me as a gift and took it in before she ever gave it to me.

It was 15 years ago and prices continue to climb. Not sure how current global markets are in todays world, but at the time, US retail made it favorable to buy overseas. I’m sure there’s lots of instances like this where cost of living/market adjustments, import taxes, etc can shift cost on goods by location.

Comment

• Chooch
            VET
            • Oct 2009

Nice, that’s a good buy. I know for the Hulk you’re looking at around 20k all day long now. I haven’t priced any black, batgirl, bluesy, etc so not 100% what those subs are going for now. Sounds like you got a great deal on a great watch, enjoy it!

Comment

Working...