X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • formula
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Cramping from Test? Remedies?

Have any of you experienced cramping before when running test or any other compound? I've been running Test alone at a gram a week and just over the last few days my upper quads are very tight and begin to cramp pretty bad when I lift up my leg. I couldn't even put on my socks this morning without it burning pretty bad. My lower abdomen does the same thing when I go to sit up right after laying down..

My caffeine intake per day is about 150mg and I drink a fair amount of Gatorades at work.

I've assumed it's a dehydration issue / electrolyte imbalance as my friend had the same issue when he was running test/tren. His arms and elbows would cramp bad. He said bcaa and Himalayan salt helped him. What do you guys recommend? Any experience on this matter? This is the first time I've ever dealt with this.

(edit; I also take a Sports Multivitamin, Cod Liver Oil, LArginine, D3, Vitamin K2, Zinc, Beet Root)
    Last edited by formula; 03-14-2022, 09:45 AM.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Try taurine 4-5 grams ed.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• formula
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Try taurine 4-5 grams ed.
      Good deal I'll be sure to grab some later today.

Comment

• Kluso
        Vet
        • Dec 2016

My quads cramp bad when I work them out if I don’t stretch them between every set. Definitely stretch them out often. Agree with trying the taurine. Could be magnesium your low on as that’s another electrolyte many are low in. Gatorade only has sodium and potassium.

Comment

• formula
          VET
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Kluso
          My quads cramp bad when I work them out if I don’t stretch them between every set. Definitely stretch them out often. Agree with trying the taurine. Could be magnesium your low on as that’s another electrolyte many are low in. Gatorade only has sodium and potassium.
          Yeah when stretching them it helps a bit. I was taking magnesium gluconate at one point but ran out a few months ago and never restocked. I'll grab some of that too. Thanks guys

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

By far the sickest cramps I ever had was when running M1T. I was running it as a kicker when starting a cycle - just 15mg ed. Wow. Stupid. Frequently I had a difficult time when taking a shower, bcoz just to lift my hands to attempt to wash my hair or shoulders and my biceps would cramp so painfully bad, I would have to immediately straighten my arms out to get rid of it. Rinse and repeat haha. It was the craziest oral I had ever ran - put 15 lbs on me in 3 weeks at that dose. And not with the extreme bloat as drol or dbol. I loved me some M1T.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• formula
              VET
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
              By far the sickest cramps I ever had was when running M1T. I was running it as a kicker when starting a cycle - just 15mg ed. Wow. Stupid. Frequently I had a difficult time when taking a shower, bcoz just to lift my hands to attempt to wash my hair or shoulders and my biceps would cramp so painfully bad, I would have to immediately straighten my arms out to get rid of it. Rinse and repeat haha. It was the craziest oral I had ever ran - put 15 lbs on me in 3 weeks at that dose. And not with the extreme bloat as drol or dbol. I loved me some M1T.
              Yeah that was back in the day when they still had m1t going around right? Luckily mine aren't that bad, hearing that makes me feel a bit better about mine.

Comment

• Fire_Iron
                Banned
                • Feb 2022

Originally posted by formula
                Have any of you experienced cramping before when running test or any other compound? I've been running Test alone at a gram a week and just over the last few days my upper quads are very tight and begin to cramp pretty bad when I lift up my leg. I couldn't even put on my socks this morning without it burning pretty bad. My lower abdomen does the same thing when I go to sit up right after laying down..

My caffeine intake per day is about 150mg and I drink a fair amount of Gatorades at work.

I've assumed it's a dehydration issue / electrolyte imbalance as my friend had the same issue when he was running test/tren. His arms and elbows would cramp bad. He said bcaa and Himalayan salt helped him. What do you guys recommend? Any experience on this matter? This is the first time I've ever dealt with this.

(edit; I also take a Sports Multivitamin, Cod Liver Oil, LArginine, D3, Vitamin K2, Zinc, Beet Root)
                Whenever I adjust test dose up. Cramps like a Charlie Horse in my abs. my quads tighten like mf's too

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Taurine works within 10 to 15 minutes of taking it. Its the only tried and true for me.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Rebornlite
                    VET
                    • Dec 2018

I take magnesium and have no cramping issues.

Comment

• formula
                      VET
                      • Dec 2018

Thanks guys. The cramping has all but gone away since supplementing with taurine every day and mag citrate (e2d).

Comment

• Deacon
                        Vet
                        • Jan 2005

use the taurine - sometimes its just part of the show though
                        Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                        "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...