• Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

Tom Platz Two Compound Cycle

OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

He may be telling the truth. He was a genetic freak in the lower body for sure.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• DrX
      VET
      • Oct 2021

Originally posted by liftsiron
      He may be telling the truth. He was a genetic freak in the lower body for sure.
      I understand this may be controversial, but I unfortunately do not believe that for a country mile. One of the best quotes I got from a former pro competing in the 70's and 80's said. "The number one side effect of becoming a professional bodybuilder is, you become a liar".

In order to make a living (supplements/endorsements) in the sport you love your image must remain squeaky clean. And that means lying to the public from day one until the day you die.

He averaged 1500-3000mgs on cycle like everyone else in that era.. (But he did come off for considerable time)

DrX

Comment

• wallyd
        VET
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by DrX
        I understand this may be controversial, but I unfortunately do not believe that for a country mile. One of the best quotes I got from a former pro competing in the 70's and 80's said. "The number one side effect of becoming a professional bodybuilder is, you become a liar".

In order to make a living (supplements/endorsements) in the sport you love your image must remain squeaky clean. And that means lying to the public from day one until the day you die.

He averaged 1500-3000mgs on cycle like everyone else in that era.. (But he did come off for considerable time)

DrX
        That’s what you would expect a pro to run if not more. I’m not so sure I’m buying what Platz is selling.

Comment

• kriegernindo
          VET
          • Feb 2020

Yeah he was running everything he could get his hands on, just like everyone else.

I respect guys like Jay Cutler who redirect from the question rather than blatantly lie about it.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

Love Tom Platz but I call BS 100%. I know many guys called BS on the infamous interviews from the 90's where Coleman, Dillet, Cormier, Baker and 2 more I forget at the moment outlined their cycles in detail. They all were in the same ballpark of dosages - around 2g per week. I for one DO believe those cycles. I DO believe in elite genetics and response to gear. Same with the Yates & Levrone interviews in MD mag about 6 years back about their cycles, which also fell around 2g ew or just shy of it. I also believe those. Call me naive, but that's my take.

HOWFUQQINGEVER, Platz's claim is an entire different ballpark. One poke of 100mg deca per week, and 20mg winny per day? Gimme a break pffft. That's a total of 240mg ew. He then says "Why would I lie after all these years?". HERE'S why - same as anyone else who downplays their gear use - bcoz you want everyone to believe that your physique was built only thru hard work, solid nutrition and awesome genetics, and gear hardly did anything duh.

Sorry Tommy, but I'm not buying any snowballs in Antarctica.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• 1bigun11
              • May 2022

Platz still does paid seminars. I like the quote by DrX that becoming a liar is a side effect of turning pro, lol.

Comment

• jrod
                • Jun 2010

Everyone here built their physique on 150mg test/week… lmao
                I’ve lied before about my usage but now it’s whatever.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Another body builders take on steroid use. Two.minute mark.

Last edited by Roughrydr; 08-31-2022, 01:40 PM.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
                    • Oct 2017

Supposed 13,000 mg a week Big Ramy cycle

OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Chooch
                      VET
                      • Oct 2009

We’re not best friends, but I do know Tom. He is very close with a friend of mine who is over 300lbs with 24” arms and obviously uses a huge amount of gear. I haven’t asked or had any specific conversation about it with anybody, but I’d bet good money that’s not totally the truth lol. I can tell you, even at this age, he has a serious work ethic in the gym. Regardless of what he takes he earns it.

Comment

Working...