Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rado

Everyone who is considering Igf-1

link

IGF-1 Info from Dave Palumbo's column (Feb Issue)
    OK. You guys better appreciate me typing this out for you. This is the info he shared after being asked a question in his column in MD this in February.

Yes it is long.... but it took me for ever to type it out.... and it is a GREAT read!! So get reading!

----------------------------------------------------

IGF-1, as the name implies, is an extremely anabolic hormone that has insulin-like actions (i.e. it shuttles nutrients, specifically amino acids and glucose, into the muscle cells where they can be synthesized into new muscle tissue.) When bodybuilders take growth hormone injections, they are not injecting a pure growth stimulus - they are taking a stimululating or releasing factor. It is for this reason that high dosing of GH is not necessarily going to result in more growth. Growth is limited by the amount of IGF-1 the liver can produce in response to any given dosage of GH. IGF-1 has been synthetically synthesized (using similar technology as that used to make GH) to circumvent the shortcomings that are associated with GH-mediated IGF-1 production in the liver. If we try to maxamize the output of IGF-1 in order to further increase muscle mass, it becomes much easier to just administer IGF-1 directly. In persuit of this goal, scientists began to study the pysiology and pharmacology of the hormone IGF-1. What they found was that IGF-1 circulates in the bloodstream (99 percent) bound to specific binding proteins. It is the remaining unbound or free (1 percent) of the IGF-1 that causes the anticipated muscle cell hyperplasia. (The bound 99 percent is essentially wasted).In order to combat this phenomenon of the binding proteins "stealing" our precious IGF-1, scientists have chemically altered the original IGF-1 molecule and have added chemically bound side chains, thus creating a new hormone known as LONG R3 IGF-1. (The long R3 refers to the three long side chains that have been added to the original molecule). These large, space-occupying, side chains are attached to the IGF-1 molecule to prevent these blood born binding proteins from "snatching" up and inactivating the IGF-1. For the last several years, most bodybuilders who were privy enough to get their hands on synthetically produced IGF-1 have been using the Long R3 IGF-1 variety thinking it will last longer in your body (12 hours opposed to 20 minutes). Also, that more of it will be available (unbound) to help build and repair muscle. The theory is essentially correct, however, what bodybuilders started noticing after extended usage of Long R3 IGF-1 was that it stopped working as effectively after about 4 weeks.
    I began to keep notes and I worked out a system by which bodybuilders would inject Long R3 IGF-1 [about 10-20 mcg] within 15 mins following a workout so the IGF-1 could circulate and locate these newly produced IGF-1 receptors on the damaged muscle cell membranes. (These new receptors appear as a direct result of damage induced by intense weight training and muscular trauma). It is at these damaged cells that the body increases the number of IGF-1 recpetors so it can signal where the muscle repairs must be performed. (This is why muscle cells grow, preferentially, and not bone tissue or internal organs, as rumoured).
    However, as the dosage of IGF-1 increases above the suggested 10-20mcg per day, the IGF-1 muscle cell receptors become saturated and now all this excess IGF-1 goes straight to the highest naturally occuring concentration of IGF-1 receptors - The extremisties (i.e feet, hands and facial bones). Thereby, side effects such as shoe and hand size increases and facial bone thickening can occur. Additionally, high Long R3 IGF-1 dosing will lead to decreases in muscle cell IGF-1 receptors, thus diminishing the results seen with Long R3 IGF-1 usage over time. In summation, empiracal evidence has shown that 10-20mcg per day of Long R3 IGF-1 causes significant muscle cell hyperplasia and will continue to do so extremely effectively for approximately 30 days.
    Even with conservative amounts of Long R3 IGF-1, the hormone still stops functioning after a perios of time. Therefore, I usually suggest that bodybuilders take a two to four week "holiday" off the Long R3 IGF-1 after every 30 day course of administration.
  • jyzza
    Vet
    • Jul 2003

by reading this he is stating to administer 10-20mcg 15min after your workout....hummm.....only 1 injection.....this does not agree w/ what other chemists say...for LR3 IGF-1 to be injected 2x a day...
    * muj kochanie *

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by jyzza
      by reading this he is stating to administer 10-20mcg 15min after your workout....hummm.....only 1 injection.....this does not agree w/ what other chemists say...for LR3 IGF-1 to be injected 2x a day...
      I've been reading the same thing about 2x's a day......................

I got this from SM....Good read...........I've been reading about this Igf-1 the past 3 hoursFrom what I've read, it's a hit or miss. We will see.

Question: What's the big deal about IGF-1? That stuff costs big bucks. Isn’t hGH better anyway?

Better is always a relative point in the world of hard-core chemical muscle enhancement. What if I told you that due to correct application of IGF-1 I once added 16 lbs of new lean tissue in only 28 days and got harder…without any AAS? This is not regrowth after a long lay-off. This was after a mass gaining protocol employing AAS. Several others have of course had similar experiences as well…with the correct application of IGF-1.

To begin with let it be said that GH can have profound positive effects upon any athlete’s musculature if the protocol is sound and takes into account the body’s Action/Reaction Factors. This simply means that the best results can be obtained when an athlete’s physiology is working with, instead of against, the chemistry employed. To be even more blunt, it often amazes me how many hard-core athletes will administer a couple of grams of androgens weekly in conjunction with substances that actually block androgen receptors or activity. Action/Reaction Factors must be anticipated and correctly responded to.

The Right IGF-1?

A point of issue that is directly of interest here is choosing between IGF-1 and Long R-3 IGF-1. It seems often forgotten that hormones are either unbound/free or bound/inactive. An unbound/free hormone can merge with its receptor and do its thing (Like IGF-1 triggers major muscle anabolism). A bound/inactive hormone is too fat and misshaped to merge, but it does have a longer active and half-life. (Huh?) IGF-1 has an active-life of only a few minutes in its unbound/free state but has an active-life of about 12 hours in its bound/inactive state…but the latter has no activity or anabolic value because it is fat due to a binding protein attached.

A Proper Amount of S &M… Please
      The S & M team that ties up IGF-1 are called binding proteins. In particular we are focusing on the binding protein IGF-1BP-3. It would seem that if all of our super anabolic IGF-1 was unbound we could grow to Mr. Olympia proportions overnight. Sadly this is not true. When a hormone is active/unbound, as it travels around the circulatory system it can be destroyed rather easily by the liver. If we were speaking of naturally produced (endogenous) or common pharmacological parental (injectable & exogenous) IGF-1 this would be a bad idea as the body’s cells (like muscle and stuff) need a prolonged and multiple periods of exposure to IGF-1 to trigger a significant degree of growth. So maybe the goal would be to adjust the amount of IGF-1BP-3 in the body to a point where less is destroyed by the liver, yet more is active. Hmmm?

Enter Long R-3 IGF-1
      No, this is not some irritating robot in the Star Wars prequels, and I did not name the stuff either. Long R-3 IGF-1 is several more times potent then regular IGF-1. In fact it would require a few milligrams of regular IGF-1 to equal only 50 micrograms of Long R-3 IGF-1 in activity and results. Think about that: 1 milligram (mg) = 1000 micrograms (mcg). That is powerful stuff. Long R-3 IGF-1 is resistant to binding proteins. In particular to IGF-1BP-3. The result of use of this super anabolic is less available binding proteins yet more activity. This translates into a lot of lean muscle growth. Personally I have always been a little awed by its effects. Like what, you ask? How about 16-20 pounds of new lean mass in only 28 days? And this is the effect upon experienced AAS (Anabolic Androgenic Steroid) users! Not enough? Most get leaner and more vascular as they grow. AND STRONGER

by L. Rea.

Comment

• rado

another good link..............http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/author11.htm

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Good thread.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• rado

I remember you had started a thread to see what the general consensus was for Igf-1

Comment

• rado

Aging causes a decline in IGF levels that contributes to the loss of lean body mass, as well as to excess fat accumulation, neurological impairment, and age-associated immune dysfunction. Researchers suggest potential therapeutic benefits of DHEA in immunodeficient states with proper DHEA administration. Dhea may increase IGF-1. IGF stands for insulin-like growth factor and is thought to be responsible for some of the antiaging, anabolic effects that DHEA has produced in previous human studies.

DHEA may improve neurological function (including memory, mood enhancement, and EEG readings), immune surveillance, and stress disorders. DHEA may offer aging patients help in preventing stress, osteoporosis, fatigue, depression, atherosclerosis, cancer. DHEA replacement therapy has become popular as an antiaging regimen.

Hormones such as testosterone and estrogen as well as serum DHEA levels begin to decline between 25 and 30 years of age and may be reduced by 95% of youthful peak levels by age 85. DHEA is a precursor building block that allows our bodies to more easily create hormones that may be in decline because of age, disease, prescription medications.

The most remarkable finding about DHEA came from a human study by S. S. C. Yen and associates at the University of California, San Diego, in which 50 mg a day of DHEA over a 6-month period restored youthful serum levels of DHEA in both men and women.

DHEA may significantly elevate insulin growth factor (IGF). Aging causes a decline in IGF levels that contributes to the loss of lean body mass, as well as to excess fat accumulation, neurological impairment, and age-associated immune dysfunction.

Comment

• rado

more to come.........

long read, but good one.

Comment

• JohnnyB
                  vet
                  • Jul 2003

I'm using it the wya DP says, it's working great, but I will up it on the next run

JohnnyB

Comment

• house1

great stuff rado

Comment

• rado

Thanks everyone.

I've learned alot from reading these past few days on Igf-1

Comment

Working...