X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew0409
    Vet
    • Sep 2016

Does higher dosage mess with stamina

So I've been running 750mg test and 350mg deca. I've upped it to 1250mg test and 500mgs of deca to really try to get to the level I want to be at for a trip to Thailand of train for muay thai. 3 weeks in I notice i'm getting much stronger, but I seem to sweat way more and does not seem to been improving my stamina when I training. I train 2-3 hours a day.

I know tren fucks with my stamina, but is upping test and deca to this level messing with my stamina. The only thing I know for sure is I'm sweating more when I workout. Another reason I think that may be causing this is because I am getting stronger, so for example, each punch and kick I throw expends more energy as I'm capable of more explosive strikes.

Anyone have any experience with this.
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

It very well couldn mess with stamina

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

The higher dose for me the less gas I have in the tank.

Comment

• Glycomann

Yes too much AAS will mess with your stamina especially as you get older. I could go into mechanisms but I will spare you.

Comment

• choke

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Years ago, I learned how, and now not to cycle when you are training for combat sports. I used myself as a human crash test dummy. I had a Master level Brazilian, BJJ guy living with me, we trained, 5-6 days a week.

At any time, I cycled for mass, or any type of cycle that was not as anti-catabolic as it was anabolic, destroyed any kind of endurance. Worse still, I had to basically, learn how to move again. Moves I was accustomed to doing, were harder to pull off. I couldn't put as much hip into a punch or a kick, I wasn't as flexible.

So I started thinking in terms of how to make a cycle as much about building muscle density and endurance, and strength, nothing about mass. Unless! It is your goal to bang in higher weight classes. But like I said, you have to re-learn to move, re-adjust your Vo2 Max, re-ignite neural pathways; retrain your entire body to move as a bigger bag of meat.

Think of it in terms of doing as "dry" a cycle as possible. As little water retention as possible.

The flip side of that is to also take whatever works for you insofar as having the cycle being as anti-catabolic as possible, and do not do something that will slam the door shut on cortisol production. Because if you do, it will rebound quickly, and over produce if you maintain the same time on the mats, or in front of the bags. I am personally very fond of proviron. I found that it really put a great capstone on whatever I was doing.

Now bear in mind, cycle if you're into combat sport is NOT for gains! It is for repair, maintenance, and keeping your parts not only working, but strong. So you need to find your natural strength weight, your weight class, your "style"; and then cycle.

I'd be happy to work with you on that. It is my forte.

I'm only 6, 215. But strong as fuck, and fast. And it because of the slow burn cycles that keep me in fighting shape. 46, very few major injuries, still train top tier fighters, and in a profession that gives me the opportunity to enjoy martial arts...

Comment

• MR. BMJ
            • Apr 2006

Definitely, especially as you grow and get larger.

Comment

• andrew0409
              Vet
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by choke
              Abso-fucking-lutely.

Years ago, I learned how, and now not to cycle when you are training for combat sports. I used myself as a human crash test dummy. I had a Master level Brazilian, BJJ guy living with me, we trained, 5-6 days a week.

At any time, I cycled for mass, or any type of cycle that was not as anti-catabolic as it was anabolic, destroyed any kind of endurance. Worse still, I had to basically, learn how to move again. Moves I was accustomed to doing, were harder to pull off. I couldn't put as much hip into a punch or a kick, I wasn't as flexible.

So I started thinking in terms of how to make a cycle as much about building muscle density and endurance, and strength, nothing about mass. Unless! It is your goal to bang in higher weight classes. But like I said, you have to re-learn to move, re-adjust your Vo2 Max, re-ignite neural pathways; retrain your entire body to move as a bigger bag of meat.

Think of it in terms of doing as "dry" a cycle as possible. As little water retention as possible.

The flip side of that is to also take whatever works for you insofar as having the cycle being as anti-catabolic as possible, and do not do something that will slam the door shut on cortisol production. Because if you do, it will rebound quickly, and over produce if you maintain the same time on the mats, or in front of the bags. I am personally very fond of proviron. I found that it really put a great capstone on whatever I was doing.

Now bear in mind, cycle if you're into combat sport is NOT for gains! It is for repair, maintenance, and keeping your parts not only working, but strong. So you need to find your natural strength weight, your weight class, your "style"; and then cycle.

I'm only 6, 215. But strong as fuck, and fast. And it because of the slow burn cycles that keep me in fighting shape. 46, very few major injuries, still train top tier fighters, and in a profession that gives me the opportunity to enjoy martial arts...
              Yeah, would love some advice. I can only get my hands on pharma sust and deca and any AI or SERM.

Comment

• Glycomann

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Preach on Choke. That's pretty much exactly what I found.

Comment

• andrew0409
                  Vet
                  • Sep 2016

I mostly took on boxing, MMA as a hobby. I play pro am baseball, but it looks like I'm going to play pro basketball next season out here. I'm 6'3 205lbs and I'd like to stay at over the 200+ range as I'm almost guaranteed to get a contract just overpowering guys out here. I was 215 but i've cut down a lot since I started training for about 4 months now.
                  But i've gotten really into just combat sports of all kind. So as much as I want to get good at combat sports, I need to keep my size and strength. Baseball season just ended and I got about a year for next basketball season. So combat sports is mostly to keep me busy and in good condition.

I'm running a basketball academy now and coaching so I got a lot of time to train. It's a weird transition switching sports as in baseball I just want to pack on weight and strength. So I let my bf% go a little higher than I normally would.

For basketball I needed to cut weight as I did dropping 10lbs.

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by andrew0409
                    I mostly took on boxing, MMA as a hobby. I play pro am baseball, but it looks like I'm going to play pro basketball next season out here. I'm 6'3 205lbs and I'd like to stay at over the 200+ range as I'm almost guaranteed to get a contract just overpowering guys out here. I was 215 but i've cut down a lot since I started training for about 4 months now.
                    But i've gotten really into just combat sports of all kind. So as much as I want to get good at combat sports, I need to keep my size and strength. Baseball season just ended and I got about a year for next basketball season. So combat sports is mostly to keep me busy and in good condition.

I'm running a basketball academy now and coaching so I got a lot of time to train. It's a weird transition switching sports as in baseball I just want to pack on weight and strength. So I let my bf% go a little higher than I normally would.

For basketball I needed to cut weight as I did dropping 10lbs.
                    ah!! Great! The explosiveness of basketball is not unlike combat sports. Your movements tend to be bursty, then steady, then bursty. You go back and forth between aerobic and anaerobic.

I have some thoughts for you. Let me look back into my notes. I have something right up your alley that I've done in the past. We're not far off in build, except you have height on me.

BTW: Very cool way to be living there!

Comment

• andrew0409
                      Vet
                      • Sep 2016

ah!! Great! The explosiveness of basketball is not unlike combat sports. Your movements tend to be bursty, then steady, then bursty. You go back and forth between aerobic and anaerobic.

I have some thoughts for you. Let me look back into my notes. I have something right up your alley that I've done in the past. We're not far off in build, except you have height on me.

BTW: Very cool way to be living there!
                      Thanks for the help, also shot you a PM about Phuket. wondering if you could help me there.

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by andrew0409
                        Thanks for the help, also shot you a PM about Phuket. wondering if you could help me there.
                        Yes, you sure did! My apologies.
                        I'll send you some info over shortly.

Comment

• andrew0409
                          Vet
                          • Sep 2016

So i lowered it down to my original dosage. Sweating less now and I feel better.

Comment

Working...