X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hay bailer
    VET
    • Jul 2011

Steriods and covid 19

Hey guys it's been years since I posted on here and since running a cycle. I been really wanting to run one but I have some worries about doing a cycle right now. What if I get the virus during cycle? Would it be a waste? And does anabolic steroids make the virus worse just as corticosteroids do such as prednisone? I have a home gym to continue my workouts but of course it's not as fun to me. I don't know I'm just not sure if I should jump on or not.
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

I'd personally hold off if you have any concerns. I postponed mine as well.

Comment

• Roc
      VET
      • Apr 2020

Why would anyone start a cycle now?? No gym is open in the country, wait it out, and start when the country is open

Comment

• A.B
        VET
        • Jun 2004

Yeah once this shit boils over I’ll be jumping on a cycle. Not running a thing until then

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
          • May 2019

If your home gym has adequate equipment so you can go 100% as if you were in a real gym, then go for it. Otherwise, do as others said and hold off until the gyms open.

Also, if you have a lifestyle that makes you high risk of getting it, ie, working a front-line type of job, hanging out with a lot of people always, blah blah, then I would hold off, since it would be a waste of cycle having to stop training for 2-4 weeks or whateva (unless you'd be lucky enough to be asymptomatic) if you do indeed catch the virus.

Regarding your Q about if AAS can be detrimental to your health if you have the virus, nobody can answer that 100% accurately since the virus is so new.
          Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

I increased my trt to 750 mg a week about 4 weeks before all this mess. I just continued mine. I gave away all my orals and tren to my bud Redfish due to kidney disease diagnosis and bladder cancer diagnosis. Even the radiation treatments haven't stopped me.
            I should add that I have an adequate weight pile in a clearing in the woods right behind my house. So I'm not depending on a gym being open.
            My only concern when the covid hit was getting test flu and freaking out a lot of people. But it never happened.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

Yeah I have no equipment besides some 30 lbs dbs. I’ve decided to take a month off. We will see how long this lasts

Years a go when I moved into my current house I said fck no to bringing in workout equipment. I was so annoyed helping people bring bikes. Ellipticals and weights into there houses I said fck it. Didn’t workout well for me now haha

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

Anabolics and prednisone are are complete opposites on the drug spectrum. i know low test reduces immunity to all types of disease, but I haven't any idea if it would be good to be on a full blown cycle and contract covid19. I haven't seen any literature on the subject, so you know what they say if you are going to error it's better to error in caution.
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by liftsiron
                  Anabolics and prednisone are are complete opposites on the drug spectrum. i know low test reduces immunity to all types of disease, but I haven't any idea if it would be good to be on a full blown cycle and contract covid19. I haven't seen any literature on the subject, so you know what they say if you are going to error it's better to error in caution.
                  Also, if for any reason you have a complication from a shot, or anything from aas that would require a Dr. visit, even bloodwork, you're probably putting yourself in harms way unnecessarily. While that might be a rare scenario it has happened to me. Be smart.

Comment

• hay bailer
                    VET
                    • Jul 2011

Ok guys thanx for all the input. I've ran many cycle and been on trt for 4 yrs. It's been 3 since I've ran a cycle. I've decided to go with it. Cases are low where I live and I wear a respirator when unable to social distance. I have plenty enough of equipment and wieght at home to make gains. Wanted to run 600mgs of tren e p/wk. However decided instead to run 750mgs test e p/wk with provirion at 50mg ed. .25mg adex e3d. Just a simple cycle and should get great results after being off for years. I'm 5'11" at 227 8.7% bff right now.

Comment

• Beef Newton
                      VET
                      • Nov 2018

Damn, Rough. 750mg a week for TRT. What is a cycle for you? Your entire body must be one huge androgen receptor.

Comment

• b52
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Beef Newton
                        Damn, Rough. 750mg a week for TRT. What is a cycle for you? Your entire body must be one huge androgen receptor.
                        Guy's built like a commercial deep freezer.

Comment

• hay bailer
                          VET
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Beef Newton
                          Yeah I know I thought the same thing 750mgs a week is a cycle not replacement therapy. My trt dose is 100mgs p/ week and I'm usually just barely inside the high end of reference range on bloodwork

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                            • May 2019

Originally posted by b52
                            Guy's built like a commercial deep freezer.
                            LOL no shit. Everyone in FLA calls him Road Block. Fuqqer needs 750mg test just to get one boner for the day.
                            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                              • Oct 2017

Glad I could amuse you comedians. Lol. I meant I increased my dose from trt which varies but is around 300 every 10 days to 750 a week. The 750 is my sweet spot for cycles. 1000 I feel like crap, 500 I feel normal. But 750 I'm primed for a pump.
                              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...