"Leave your legs, build your upper body,"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

"Leave your legs, build your upper body,"...

That's what she said, "Leave your legs, build your upper body," by a close female friend of mine. Someone I respect. "Come-on, are you serious," I responded, "don't girls like guys with big legs?" "Your's are fine," she said, "work on your chest and arms." Well, I lift for myself; for balance, strength, and proportion, but in the back of my mind I want to be attractive to women. You know, there's nothing like turning a few heads of the female persuasion. Anyway, I thought about it and realized my upper body isn't exactly where I want it to be. I like doing lunges for legs, you know the whole balance thing, they make me feel good and I get a good stretch, besides, I'm doing sets of 12 with 175 on my shoulders, so not easy by any standard.
    How many of you have put off legs to work upper body? I did for 5 years after tearing my brevis tendon and injuring my patella. My upper body grew like crazy. I don't want to relinquish legs because I enjoy training them, but maybe with summer coming on I could take her advice and bring up my chest and biceps. I can always just wear jeans. Anybody else with similar issues?
  • millenium girl
    • Apr 2006

I see too many guys at the gym focusing on what people see - the upper body. They want big shoulders and arms but NEVER do legs. They say I walk or go for a run from time to time, that's enough. Well wake up, guys. A solid base is essential. You need to work legs like any other muscle in your body.

Women usually do legs and ... buttocks because we have cellulitis and this SUCKS big time.
    Don't forget to join
    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
    http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• willi
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Legs must be worked.

Comment

• P. Bateman
        Vet
        • Mar 2009

When I first started I never hit my legs, now it's incredibly noticeable. I started working them out religiously about three years ago, but my symmetry is still the shits. My calves (don’t fuckin laugh) are only about 13” in circumference. My shoulders are very wide so one can only imagine how that must appear. I’m told I perceive it to be worse than it actually is, but regardless, it’s my perception. I’m told all of the time I have a “prison physique”.

Don’t stop training legs in favor of your upper body, especially because a woman told you that you should. You have your own mind, mrhtbd, and though I realize up until about a year ago you weren’t allowed to use it, you best start getting into practice again, you’ll need it.
        “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• mrhtbd

I don't see relinquishing my intellectual faculties to anyone, anymore. I'll listen sometimes, but usually I have already thought out most things physical by now. I was planning on more emphasis on my legs. I got my strongest in the squat (465x7x1) and calf raise (1005x6x1) when I trained legs every fifth day. With my pengent for numbers, I am seriously considering this as the mainstay of my spring training program, just because I want to be able to do lunges with over 200 for reps. Besides, most of you know how stubborn I can be.

Comment

• Dieviolent

By training legs you produce more gh and therefore helps you grow your upper body larger as well. It's a synergistic effect.

Comment

• Glycomann

Tell her squats give you a testosterone rush and you get a boner on your way to her house.

Comment

• ozzy69
                Assistant Admin
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Glycomann
                Tell her squats give you a testosterone rush and you get a boner on your way to her house.
                this!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Glyco... is that why the old guys always did squats on Friday???

Comment

Working...