Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt76
    • May 2007

My diet

ok whatcha think about this. I have been doing it for 2weeks and have gained about 4lbs. Goals are to get up to 235 then cut down the fat without losing weight(if that makes any sense) However I have about 5-8lbs to go. Well here it is and I have to change it up so there will be some options

8am- either 2slimfasts(off brand) or a protein shake

10am- snack bar of some sort protein or granola need to get some milk in here I think

12noon- 6inch sub on wheat with turkey, ham and hot pepper cheese yummy or beef stirfry or a hamburger or something

2pm- 1/2 serving of serious mass weight gainer with water then I drink a cup of D milk

Train

5-6pm- same as last meal

7-8pm- 8egg whites 2yolks with skim milk, or 6scrammbled eggs 8pieces of bacon 2pieces of toast and milk, or chiken strips, or steak, or chicken breast all with milk

9-10pm- same options as 7-8

12midnight- protein shake mixed with carb countdown milk has more protein and less carbs

Sometimes one of those meals gets replaced with a can of protein and a big glass of milk.

Well that's about it. I also drink some gatorade and tons of water. I take 2 total EFA pills a day, 1multi vitamin, 1joint pill and sometimes extra vitamin E and C I also inject either a B12 or a Bcomplex everyday.

The reasons why it is harder for me to eat right in the morning is b/c I have class and I live in the dorms . However, my g/f lives off campus in a town house that's how I am cooking food at night. Well that's about it o yeah I also eat ice cream throughout the day if I don't feel like I am getting enough calories. Any good suggestions for my 10o'clock meal?? I used to have homeade protein bars but i'm out and have no time to make them. So whatcha thinking?

On a side note: I'm 19 5'10 and around 225-230 I am also natural no prohormones or aas. I just squat for my extra hormones
  • goes4ever
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Matt76
    ok whatcha think about this. I have been doing it for 2weeks and have gained about 4lbs. Goals are to get up to 235 then cut down the fat without losing weight(if that makes any sense) However I have about 5-8lbs to go. Well here it is and I have to change it up so there will be some options

skip the slimfast, that is a joke, try to eat some oats and stir in 2 big scoops of whey protein in for a quick high protein breakfast

10am- snack bar of some sort protein or granola need to get some milk in here I think
    try using a shake here, mixed in milk if you like with some flax oil for good fats or a handful of almonds

12noon- 6inch sub on wheat with turkey, ham and hot pepper cheese yummy or beef stirfry or a hamburger or something
    go for double meat, up your protein

2pm- 1/2 serving of serious mass weight gainer with water then I drink a cup of D milk

Train

5-6pm- same as last meal
    use a shake here with dextrose/whey with a 2:1 ratio of carbs protein, if trying to gain I would go for about 90-100g dextrose and 50g of whey to start off with.

7-8pm- 8egg whites 2yolks with skim milk, or 6scrammbled eggs 8pieces of bacon 2pieces of toast and milk, or chiken strips, or steak, or chicken breast all with milk
    try to keep this meal fat free as well and shoot for same macros as post workout shake, go for 90-100 carbs, 50g protein from a nice lean fat free source, example would be chicken and rice, or potatoes

12midnight- protein shake mixed with carb countdown milk has more protein and less carbs

Sometimes one of those meals gets replaced with a can of protein and a big glass of milk.

Well that's about it. I also drink some gatorade and tons of water. I take 2 total EFA pills a day, 1multi vitamin, 1joint pill and sometimes extra vitamin E and C I also inject either a B12 or a Bcomplex everyday.

The reasons why it is harder for me to eat right in the morning is b/c I have class and I live in the dorms . However, my g/f lives off campus in a town house that's how I am cooking food at night. Well that's about it o yeah I also eat ice cream throughout the day if I don't feel like I am getting enough calories. Any good suggestions for my 10o'clock meal?? I used to have homeade protein bars but i'm out and have no time to make them. So whatcha thinking?

On a side note: I'm 19 5'10 and around 225-230 I am also natural no prohormones or aas. I just squat for my extra hormones
    try those changes and see if it helps bro

Comment

• Matt76
      • May 2007

i'll do my best I have classes from 9-12 thats why my 10o'clock meal is so terrible

Comment

• cylo

Train

5-6pm- same as last meal

hey bro....imo i would just clean bulk....use good carbs rice, oats, potatoes, yams, dextros

when u wake up uve been without food/water 4 prob 6-8 hours....a shake is fine, but u should also follow it up with some real food....i would ditch the slim fast

ur second meal could b some chicken & rice or potatoe.....i know ur bussy & ur @ school, but just cook up the chicken the night b4 & pack it away 4 the day

a sub is fine.....

im not sure about ur pre-workout meal though, u havin a mass shake, wich is gona b loaded with sugar along with other things, that could have u feelin bloated & very full

y not just have some more chicken, or even a shake with some carbs * a shake meanin not a weight gainer*

ur post workout should contain 40-50 grams of protein, with 80-100 grams of carbs

an hour later, u should have a full meal
        im gona dissagree with bacon & eggs unless its somethin like turkey bacon y not just have steak/eggs/whole wheat toast? or another sub

a shake right b4 bed is good....also, cottage cheese....or any casin type protein

if u do miss a meal instead of usin a shake + a glass of milk, y not just a shake or a protein bar....

2 scoops of protein
        1 cup of pb
        2 cups of oats
        1/2 cup of honey

melt the pb so its liquid add honey oats, & protein....put in a pan flatten out stick in the fridge

*ill double check the recipe*

im leavin 4 the weekend, so when i get back ill add 2 this or answer any qs u might have

Comment

• cylo

somethin i learned while @ school, is dont worry about people bustin on ya or givin u looks in u bust out some chicken b4 class....most of these people r fat & ugly, so they shouldnt concern u....

also girls will b wonderin y, good ice breaker *even though u have a girl....o by the way, dont blow that b/c there goes ur kitchen*

+ ur bigger then them

i feel good about my self that goes4 didnt write the complete opposite 2 what i did haha.....

Comment

• Matt76
            • May 2007

Thanks guys. Yeah I really need to start making some chicken in advance I have been considering that. And cylo I used to use that recipe but I think you are a couple cups short on PB. Well thanks guys later

Comment

• cylo

these have been stolen from various places....

Recipe 1
              1 cup peanut butter
              1 1/2 cups honey
              2 cups of protein powder
              3 cups dry uncooked oatmeal

combine pb and honey in nonstick pot, warm up over low heat.
              then add the protein powder then oats
              YOU DONT WANT TO COOK IT just warm it up to mix
              then press into a pan let it cool in the frige and there you go

Recipe 2
              Ingredients:
              5 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
              1/2 cup dry oats or whole grain hot cereal (uncooked)
              1/2 cup oat flour (double the oats if you do not have oat flour)
              6 scoops chocolate whey protein (~132 grams protein)
              1 teaspoon vanilla
              2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
              1 cup non-fat dry milk
              1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)
              Directions:
              Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, everything until a dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan using a clean wooden spoon or spatula that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into 9 squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

Modifications: Use vanilla protein and replace ~1/4 cup of the oatflour with a variety of nuts, seeds, or dried berries. Chopped almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts, flax seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, or dried cranberries would all work well.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
              197 calories, 21 g protein, 7.2 g fat (8% saturated), 13.7 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fiber

Recipe 3
              6 scoops whey
              Oats ( you can toast the oats as well)
              Eggs Whites (i use around 6)
              Peanut Butter (natural of course)
              Cinnamon
              Chopped Walnuts
              Few Drops of Vanilla extract
              Brown Sugar to taste
              Milk (substitute with water if cutting)

mix oats with peanut butter and eggs whites until you have a smooth consistency but not too viscous, use the microwave to cook the eggs for 10 seconds, take out and mix again, do this 3 times. add the whey, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, vanilla, brown sugar and milk (add milk only if the mass is tooo thick, otherwise omit, adding too much liquid will cause the mixture not to set in the fridge later), MIX WELL until all ingredients are properly distributed

pour into metal pan, let sit in the fridge for 1 hour. cut into pieces, wrap in wax paper or foil

Recipe 4
              Protein Fudge Bars

7 scoops Chocolate Protein powder (7 scoops equals 2 1/3 cups) (122.5 pro/10.5 carb)
              1/2 cup melted butter
              4 oz. cream cheese (8 pro/4 carb)
              1/2 cup walnuts (10 pro/5 carb)

Melt butter and cream cheese in microwave. Stir until smooth. Mix in protein powder. Stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard to stir. Add chopped walnuts and mix.
              Put in a greased bread pan. Chill. Cut into 8 pieces. When firm, you can wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in fridge.
              Yield: 8 generous bars
              Protein per bar: 17.5
              Carbs per bar: 2.43

Recipe 5

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
              1 1/2 cups dry milk
              1 tbsp cinnamon
              1 cup lite syrup
              2 scoops protein powder
              2 egg whites
              1/4 cup orange juice
              1 tsp vanilla
              1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

Recipe 6
              This Make 16 Protein Bars

1 Cup of Natural Peanut Butter or LowFat Peanutbutter
              1 1/2 cups Honey
              2 cups of protein powder (I use vanilla whey protein) (Chocolate is great too!)
              3 cups dry,uncooked oatmeal

Directions:

Combine peanut butter and honey in a large nonstick pot, and warm it up over low heat . I start out with just the peanutbutter and honey, then add the protein powder,and finally the oats. You don't want to cook it, just heat it up enough to be able to stir it together.

Press into a 9" x 13" pan. Let them cool, and cut into 16 equal bars.(I cut them into 32 bars). Wrap each bar in foil or saran wrap and store in plastic baggies. No need to refrigerate, the ingredients are all natural.

Nutritional Information:
              (based upon using lowfat natural peanut butter) (Smuckers)
              Serving Size: 1 Bar
              Calories:267
              Fat:8 g
              Protein: 18 g
              Carbohydrates: 38 g
              ( nutritional info may vary depending upon the ingredients you use)

Recipe 7
              Ingredients:
              1/2 cup (8 tbsp) Fat-free cream cheese
              6 tbsp Reduced-Fat Natural Peanut Butter
              4 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein (i used isopure)
              about 1/8 cup Eggbeaters Egg Substitute
              1 packet Nestle Carnation Fat-free hot cocoa mix
              1/2 cup raw oatmeal (regular, slow cooking)
              Splenda artificial sweetener (amt. depends on how sweet you want them)

-Heat cream cheese and PB in the microwave until soft. Mix well
              -Add splenda until it's sweet
              -Add a little of the Eggbeaters
              -Add Protein and mix well. It will be hard to mix at first but will eventually mix in.
              -Add Nestle Hot-cocoa mix and mix well. If it needs to be wetter, add more of the Eggbeaters
              -When you get a nice, play-doh conssistancy, add oats and mix.
              -Lightly spray wax paper with cooking spray.
              -Place dough on wax paper and press out to desired thickness
              -Chill in refrigerator for a while
              -Cut into bars

**Nutritional info (for the whole recipe. divide as you like):
              Calories- 1288
              Fat- 36 g (8 g saturated)
              Carbs- 74 g (16 g fiber)
              Protein - 160 g

Recipe 8
              ~~Strawberry & Banana Meal Replacent Bars~~
              Makes 6 bars

1 c. raw oatmeal
              5 scoops of Strawberry protein powder [90g. of protein]
              1/4 c. fat free cream cheese
              1/2 c. non fat dry powder milk
              2 egg whites
              1/4 c. water
              1 1/2 bananas, mashed
              2 tsp. Canola oil [this is the secret ingredient to keeping these bars moist instead of the traditional dry bar]
              Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9" square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
              In a med. bowl combine oatmeal, protein powder, and dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer; cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water and oil. Add the oat mixture and continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 6 bars. Nutritional stats per bar are;
              Calories:203
              Proteins:22g.
              Carbs:22g.
              Fats:3g.

Recipe 9
              Makes 8 bars

1 c. raw oatmeal
              1 ½ c. chocolate protein powder; [96g. of protein total][vanilla powder can be used instead]
              ¼ c. reduced fat creamy peanut butter
              ½ c. nonfat dry milk powder [dry form do not add any additional water to this]
              2 egg whites, beaten
              ½ c. raisins
              ¼ - 1/3 c. water
              Mix all ingredients [except water] together in a bowl. Gradually add water to mixture [mixture is very gooey]. Spray a 9x9” square pan with cooking spray. Pour batter in pan and spread as best as you can [I use wax paper to press it down so it is evenly distributed]. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes .Let cool slightly; cut into 8 bars.
              Nutritional stats per bar;
              Calories:249
              Proteins:24g.
              Carbs:24g.
              Fats:6g.

Comment

• thecoin

Awesome recipes cylo...stolen or not...lol...
                You and G4E basically summed it all up, as I was about to add my .02 in, there's really no need now! Great posts guys...

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

nice recipies cyclo, some look pretty tasty

Comment

Working...