Vet
    • Apr 2005

You are the cardio queen!!

Keep a ck on your shoulders and DO NOT rush it

Comment

• irongirl

You are the cardio queen!!
      LOL....I am that

Yeah I know what you mean about not rushing it. And it's hard too. In my sleep deprived state yesterday, I finished the DB presses with the 25's and went to the flat bench and tried it, not thinking. I did 2 reps and it hurt a lot I wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, I didn't reinjure my shoulder or anything.

Looks like I am going to see the surgeon on the 21st. Hopefully he will be able to scope my knee REALLY soon. Then I can get recovered and get on with it.

Thanks pin

Comment

• PTAaron

Pec deck is definitely going to kill your shoulder... I would stay away from those for a while... You should hit the exercises that I mentioned in this thread: http://www.powerbuilding.net/forums/...68&postcount=7

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks Aaron. I normally don't use the pec deck, so staying away is not a prob. Thanks for the link

Comment

• goes4ever
            • Sep 2004

still planning to compete? if so how far away is it

Comment

• irongirl

still planning to compete? if so how far away is it
              Nov 18th. If I can get my knee done soon, I'll be good to go I'm doing it if it kills me!

Comment

• irongirl

Training went well today-I was pleased First I did 25 min cardio. I NEVER do both together but I am not back to lifting normally yet, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I did DB curls using 15, 20 and 25's. BB curls using 30, 40 and 50 lbs. And incline DB curls with 15's.

close grip lat pulls with 75, 90 and 105 lbs. Straight arm pulls with 70 and 80 lbs, and seated rows with 60 and 70 lbs.

So that wasn't too bad considering. It's really only a couple of chest and shoulder exercises that give me any trouble. The rest is only a matter of a little time and I'll be back to my normal numbers.

Comment

• PTAaron

Damn! Still curling more than me!

Comment

• irongirl

Do we have opposite shoulders affected? If so, I bet we could lift a shitload of weight on the BB together using an arm each..LOL..

Comment

• PTAaron

LOL! Its my right arm. I'm gonna try for 25s today!!

Comment

• irongirl

Trained shoulders and chest tonight. Shoulder is definitely improving, slowly but surely.

Lateral raises with 10 lb DB's. Did 5 sets of 8-10 reps.

Smith machine shoulder press. Wramed up with just the bar, then 20 lbs on bar x 10, 30 lbs x 8, 40 x 6. Felt good, I was happy with that.

Seated DB presses- 15 x 10, 20 x 8, 25 x 8. Felt great

Flat DB presses- 15 x 10, 20 x 8, 20 x 6. Still having a little trouble with these. Definitely better than last time though.

Incline DB presses- 20 x 8, 25 x 8, 30 x 4.

Overall I was really happy with it. Iced my shoulder after- it was a little achey, but it is certainly improving!!

Comment

• PTAaron

Good to hear it is getting better IG!

Comment

Working...