Starting Prep for PL Meet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Looks like you are well on your way to a 700+ pull at the meet.

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm shooting for 750. But my back is killing me. Had to take pain killers last night to sleep.
      I want a 2000lb total. That is my goal.
      This run has really been amazing. I could not even push this weight back when I actually did compete regularly.
      Of course I'm 255'ish now whereas I competed at around 165.
      But I look better than ever, am stronger than ever, and feel like I'm 70.

Comment

• tilltheend
        • Jan 2012

You seem very strong.

Comment

• bufbiker

Strength is relative to who you are talking to. If you bench 275 then 405 sounds like a ton.
          But I will admit to being one of the strnger guys at my gym. Not THE strongest, by far, but one of the top teir of lifters wher I train.

Comment

• bufbiker

I just have to add (brag, brag, brag) I am the oldest person I personally know pumping out the weight I use. The guys who are strnger than I am at the gym are 20-30 years younger than I am.

Comment

• bufbiker

Just maintenance routine for arms.
              no warm-ups.
              Super set olympic bar curls w/ skull crushers
              185x10/12, 10/12, 8/10, 8/12, 8/12
              Then did wrist curls

Comment

• stumpyone
                • Jan 2012

its sad but.. m the only one in my gym that can push the 120's on inclines. small gym and nobody to really uhhh look up to i guess youd say. got bells up to 100's then the 120's. aggravated the hell out of the owner for over a year and he finally broke down and guess he got the 120 somewhere cheap. would love to swing by your place and check all you boys out. im still small and out of shape in my mind but the biggest in my little pretend gym and that actually depresses the hell out of me.
                shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• bufbiker

Very sore this morning. I should have done a shot of prop last night after training.
                  Back between shoulder blades hurts. Probably from not warming up. Pretty stupid at my age!

Comment

• stumpyone
                    • Jan 2012

btw, any of you that are unaware ol buffy here is hitting these 540 bench presses at home with no spotter!!!
                    shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• bufbiker

My dog watches. My wife is in the house if I need her. But she doesn't like watching me. She says it looks like I'm hurting myself.
                      Last time I asked her to spot me she really psyched me out talking about how much weight it was and I was going to hurt myself.
                      I don't need a spotter trelling me that crap. I already know it.

Comment

• Shovel
                        VET
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
                        My dog watches. My wife is in the house if I need her. But she doesn't like watching me. She says it looks like I'm hurting myself.
                        Last time I asked her to spot me she really psyched me out talking about how much weight it was and I was going to hurt myself.
                        I lol'd.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

• Darkness
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Shovel
                          I lol'd.
                          me2

Comment

• stumpyone
                            • Jan 2012

hey buff, saw ya said hit the prop after training but thought i had seen you slamming it pre-workout. so what do ya prefer pre/post and why??? thanks ya freak of nature

Comment

• bufbiker

If I have an intense training session and I know I've probably over done it, at my age anything you do is overdoing it, I will do 100-150mg of prop post work out to help with recovery.
                              But keep in mind I'm already on 1000mg of Test E and 1000mg of Bold a week, and 100mg of var a day. So I do not do this often. but it is something I've found that helps me with recovery.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by bufbiker

Comment

Working...