Starting Prep for PL Meet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

Did Leg Training yesterday.
    Had grandkids at trhe house when I got home and they just left.
    Squats - warm-ups, 545x1, 585x1, 675x1, 700x1, 725x1 (I think this one was a good rep. Saw my butt below my knees I think, but I was also seeing little squiggley things!)
    Then did 5 sets calf raises, 5 sets Leg Extensions, 5 sets Leg Curls.
    I do these for ligament and tendon strength and to get more blood flow to the legs.

Comment

• bufbiker

Back killing me after work today so did modifeid bench training.
      Warm-ups, then, 455x10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, Then 405x12

Comment

• bufbiker

Taking night off. Back is still sore.

Comment

• bufbiker

Taking another day for back to rest.
          It's feeling better so I'm pretty sure it is muscle strain. I feel like I need at least a week off, but with comp less than three weeks away, no way I'm slacking now.

Comment

• bufbiker

Taking another day off to re-charge.
            Back feeling better but still not 80% yet.

Comment

• bufbiker

Will take the rest of the weekend off. Then next week begin with low volume training, hitting only minimal warm-ups then one rep max attempts. If i hit a weight and it feels comfortable then I'll go up, but will pyramid up, as is my game plan for the 18th.
              I will try yo copy meet rules by only allowing myself 3 minutes between attempts then one minute to complete the rep.
              Also getting my wife into being my "coach" (without psyching me out) as I'll need someone to write down the weight of my next attempt then deliver it to the judges. I don't want to have to worry about all that while I am getting my mind prepared for the next attempt.
              Will begin two weeks of 100mg anadrol ed Saturday, along with the 100mg var, 1000mg Eq, 1000mg Test E. A week out from comp I'll add 1000mg deca ed for that week.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by bufbiker
                A week out from comp I'll add 1000mg deca ed for that week.
                Holy cow! Whats the reasoning behind this? I've heard of loading up on halo, drol, test suspension & cheque drops close to a meet but never deca. Hope you don't grow a 3rd nipple brutha!

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
                  Will take the rest of the weekend off. Then next week begin with low volume training, hitting only minimal warm-ups then one rep max attempts. If i hit a weight and it feels comfortable then I'll go up, but will pyramid up, as is my game plan for the 18th.
                  I will try yo copy meet rules by only allowing myself 3 minutes between attempts then one minute to complete the rep.
                  Also getting my wife into being my "coach" (without psyching me out) as I'll need someone to write down the weight of my next attempt then deliver it to the judges. I don't want to have to worry about all that while I am getting my mind prepared for the next attempt.
                  Will begin two weeks of 100mg anadrol ed Saturday, along with the 100mg var, 1000mg Eq, 1000mg Test E. A week out from comp I'll add 1000mg deca ed for that week.
                  Does your Coach do the lift offs for the bench press at this meet?

Comment

• bufbiker

I may have to find someone there to help. At home i normally am good by myself, but my bench was custom made for my arm lngth. At the gym I go to you have to push the weight up and bring it over. So I'll figure it out during the warm-up session. I think my wife can do it for me though. She's not a big girl but she is pretty wiry. And I can unrack the weight easily I just might need someone to help balance it once I push it out of the rack.
                    From there it's all me anyway. And they provide spotters as required by their insurance.

Comment

• bufbiker

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                      Holy cow! Whats the reasoning behind this? I've heard of loading up on halo, drol, test suspension & cheque drops close to a meet but never deca. Hope you don't grow a 3rd nipple brutha!
                      The deca will be kicking into high gear around the day of the meet and it will help with that extra mental boost if nothing else. Just look at it like a front load. And I will be runing caber with it.

Comment

• rocco-x
                        Vet
                        • Feb 2009

175lbs curl with an olympic bar...wtf?! i was so happy when i started hitting 135 for a 4x3 i though i was gonna shit! can't imagine watching someone curl what most average gymgoers try and squat with,lol...prison days.brings bacm memories.i used to watch how they trained in pouring rain.4 guys would hold sheets over the bench then just keep rotating.winter,at 10 degrees out dudes doin 405 for a 10x10 like candy,then hit shoulders then w/o at night.some big dudes i met all came outta the joint.that's what got me into it,just i should've listened and not have taken the path i chose.i'd be right up there next to you buff.me and another CO were the ones who put together and trained our PLing team for the prison.we had guys in the high 600-mid 700 ranges on bench and close to high 900's on squats.dudes loved us.man,i miss that shit.no shirts,no suits,no boards,just vomit,blood and sweat and lots of it.keep beastin bro...fire off a shot for me tonight toward your bro.sucks dude.

Comment

• BigSickD
                          Vet
                          • May 2004

Your a strong mofo and old too...LOL
                          BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Shovel
                            VET
                            • Jul 2011

I'm getting excited for ya BB! Wish I could be there.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

• bufbiker

Feeling the effetcs of the 100mg var combined with 100mg adrol and 1000mg of Eq to boot. My BP meds are probably the only thing keeping me from stroking right now probably.
                              But I feel great! No pain anywhere in my body for a change.
                              I think the week off did me some good.
                              Can't wait to see where my strength level is this afternoon on bench training.

Comment

• Darkness
                                • Apr 2011

I bet it feels good man.

Comment

Working...