• Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Brock Lesnar Losing Interest In MMA, Hasn't Trained Since Loss

posted by Bass on WCBB

Brock Lesnar Losing Interest In MMA, Hasn't Trained Since Loss

The chances of seeing Brock Lesnar back inside the UFC's Octagon are apparently dwindling as Dave Meltzer is reporting Lesnar's head isn't in the fight game anymore and he is looking for a way out of his UFC contract.

MMA.tv sums up the report from Meltzer's radio show:

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports/Wrestling Observer, Brock is currently looking for an "exit strategy" from the UFC.

Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Meltzer also mentioned that Brock hasn't trained a single day since the Velasquez fight nor he has returned any phone calls to Dana or Zuffa about upcoming matches.

Dave pointed out if Brock was motivated, he would be right back in the gym training and bringing in new coaches with the goal of beating Cain yet he isn't doing that. He's hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Everything is pointing towards Brock having one more fight and ending his contract. His head doesn't seem to be in the fighting game and it looks like it was just yet another successful business move.

source: mmanews.com

Brock's not a fighter anyway. i'll be glad to see him leave. who quits after 1 loss?...sounds like after velaquez reemed his ass he decided he didnt like pain anymore so now he's interested in Wrestlemania where its all fake lol

Comment

• Trapology
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Rocky07
      Brock's not a fighter anyway. i'll be glad to see him leave. who quits after 1 loss?...sounds like after velaquez reemed his ass he decided he didnt like pain anymore so now he's interested in Wrestlemania where its all fake lol
      hey now....dont say hes not a fighter, if he really quits thats fine. But he stepped in there, did it, and actually became the champion

You cant ever take that away from him, he got in there and did it. And as a person who has done it, quitter or not he has all the respect in the world from me

Additionally I read someplace brock wanted to head back to the WWE in time for wrestle mania, i thought it was bullshit but I guess it may be true if this article is credible
      Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Nigbo
        hey now....dont say hes not a fighter, if he really quits thats fine. But he stepped in there, did it, and actually became the champion

You cant ever take that away from him, he got in there and did it. And as a person who has done it, quitter or not he has all the respect in the world from me

Additionally I read someplace brock wanted to head back to the WWE in time for wrestle mania, i thought it was bullshit but I guess it may be true if this article is credible
        Yeah I give him respect too...but he's not a true fighter. You know that brutha.lol He's a wrestler (with not much real wrestling background at that) that made it big in WWE because of his personna and he was also a pretty big biatch. But again, he did become a champion so I agree gotta give him respect.

Comment

• Trapology
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          Yeah I give him respect too...but he's not a true fighter. You know that brutha.lol He's a wrestler (with not much real wrestling background at that) that made it big in WWE because of his personna and he was also a pretty big biatch. But again, he did become a champion so I agree gotta give him respect.
          Is he a "real" fighter? No youre right, hes just a guy with a moderate collegiate background

There also might be the slight chance brock realizes he cant learn the skills he needs in time to beat guys with good striking, see how late in the game his. Ealier in MMA this coulda worked but now guys start training much much earlier like boxers do. Its not converted "insert discipline" guys turning into mma fighters now a days

And if you watch the fight i think brocks spirit was broke when he took cain down and he popped back up. if youre bread and butter is using your wrestling and size to g&p[and you get neutralized within seconds, i can imagine that would be a killer mentally
          Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Brock was NCAA heavyweight champ, that's quite a accomplishment imo. I still don't like the guy though.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Joe0690
              Vet
              • Mar 2007

i think he also realises his time is coming to a end and doesnt want to end up like all those other pervious champs who just lose tons of fights after their taken down... cuz when ur on top every1 is watching u to find ur weakness and exploit it wheather it be striking or what then once 1 person finds it (even if they end up losing) every1 will train to use that against the champ then its all over unless the champ can really learn to counter it

Comment

• Rocky07

as an MMA fighter, i will say-dont get me wrong, i am not from brock's camp, but luckily i am trained by a significant individual, who taught us that ALL fighters lose (this coming from a guy with a true undefeated record), all fighters lose. u may win the fight by technicality but everyone loses. whether u actually lose or you slip up and dont train well enough and let your opponent really give u a run for your money but a true fighter is one who can respond to his loss. At our camp we are taught "position and punish" which means yess we know every damn submission and angle you can possibly take advantage of in MMA but yet instead of being taught what we can do when we screw up or get lucky, we are taught to put ourselves in a position that can only be an advantage. side control, mount, guArd, butterfly guard, stand up, etc... when u learn to fight for position and not submission then the submissions become very obvious. after we were taught this, we were taught that tapping out is not a victory for your oppopent but yet a forfeit by yourself. fighting is a game of chess, it doesnt matter if its MMA, boxing, wrestling, or even bar fighting but u have to be 2 moves ahead of the other guy. Brock is not one of those people, which i understand. i utterly sucked at wrestling in highschool. i was one of the strongest people in the whole school and actually was the strongest as a senior but it just didnt click to me. but jiu jitsu and mouy thai made perfect sense. i understood it. therefore i was able to constantly advance. i sparred with guys that were smaller and faster, guys that were bigger and faster, guys that were bigger and more powerful, guys of all sorts but when i screwed up i learned right then...not when i saw the tape or talked to the trainers but right in that very moment. Brock doesnt have that. he has size and lots of power behind his knuckles but guys in life and mma as well, "knowledge" is the only real power and once u attain it no one can take it away. Brock has habit, Brock has repititious training, Brock has a slight size advantage, Brock has a good mentality, but Brocks mentality is not that of a true fighter because when a true fighter loses , he busts ass to make sure it never happens again the same way...he doesnt quit, he doesnt rely on physical advantage. the whole game is mental. u have to have knowledge, ambition, guts, heart, pride, and the mindset that the only time u lose is when u didnt learn anything. these traits make a fighter.

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

as an MMA fighter, i will say-dont get me wrong, i am not from brock's camp, but luckily i am trained by a significant individual, who taught us that ALL fighters lose (this coming from a guy with a true undefeated record), all fighters lose. u may win the fight by technicality but everyone loses. whether u actually lose or you slip up and dont train well enough and let your opponent really give u a run for your money but a true fighter is one who can respond to his loss. At our camp we are taught "position and punish" which means yess we know every damn submission and angle you can possibly take advantage of in MMA but yet instead of being taught what we can do when we screw up or get lucky, we are taught to put ourselves in a position that can only be an advantage. side control, mount, guArd, butterfly guard, stand up, etc... when u learn to fight for position and not submission then the submissions become very obvious. after we were taught this, we were taught that tapping out is not a victory for your oppopent but yet a forfeit by yourself. fighting is a game of chess, it doesnt matter if its MMA, boxing, wrestling, or even bar fighting but u have to be 2 moves ahead of the other guy. Brock is not one of those people, which i understand. i utterly sucked at wrestling in highschool. i was one of the strongest people in the whole school and actually was the strongest as a senior but it just didnt click to me. but jiu jitsu and mouy thai made perfect sense. i understood it. therefore i was able to constantly advance. i sparred with guys that were smaller and faster, guys that were bigger and faster, guys that were bigger and more powerful, guys of all sorts but when i screwed up i learned right then...not when i saw the tape or talked to the trainers but right in that very moment. Brock doesnt have that. he has size and lots of power behind his knuckles but guys in life and mma as well, "knowledge" is the only real power and once u attain it no one can take it away. Brock has habit, Brock has repititious training, Brock has a slight size advantage, Brock has a good mentality, but Brocks mentality is not that of a true fighter because when a true fighter loses , he busts ass to make sure it never happens again the same way...he doesnt quit, he doesnt rely on physical advantage. the whole game is mental. u have to have knowledge, ambition, guts, heart, pride, and the mindset that the only time u lose is when u didnt learn anything. these traits make a fighter.
                  It's all about time and chance. I've lost to some guys who's skills were no greater than mine. Just got caught at the right time. I've also come back to beat some of them too. You see an opening you take it. I was always taught to be a counter fighter. they throw one strike i throw 5 back.

But with Brock, obviously his head is out of the game. Maybe he just really lost interest, who knows. What he should really do is come back and win, and then retire, but he doesn't seem too focused on his reputation, but some guys just don't want to do it anymore. I've been in the same boat for a little while now. Everyone and their mother is supposedly an mma fighter now, which is all bullshit, because half of them couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. I've seen promoters throw kids in the ring who can't even fight against someone who can. That's not right. A lot of people aren't even ready, and they go in there. I do not like the crowd that comes with it. Bunch of drunken fools. Lots of disrespectful people. i really don't like being around that crap. I still train, but not to get in the ring anymore.

Comment

• BigSickD
                    Vet
                    • May 2004

I don't think it has anything to do with being a fighter or not, I just don't think he is hungry and basically has determined that he did something and is now done with it. How quick we forget that his first fight in the UFC was a loss but yet he came back and dominated everyone they threw at him to become champ, he just ran into a badder mofo than himself and got his ass kicked. Also just a year or so ago, rumors were that he may never get a chance to ever defend his title because of his intestinal problems and how he almost died, I don't know how much of that was very accurate, but I have heard he was quite sick. A college mate of mine, Stephen Neal (now plays right guard for the Patriots) is the only man to beat Brock in NCAA DIV.1 wrestling and Steve was a senior and Brock a Junior and Stephen said the dude was a beast and so damn athletic. Brock went on to go undefeated and win the NCAA the next year. I guess my rambling is that I am trying to say, don't down the guy cause he knows it is his time to go. I think Cain gave him a real eye opener and Brock has money and basically don't need the UFC.
                    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• BigSickD
                      Vet
                      • May 2004

Oh and another thing, I am no MMA fighter so I am just giving you my opinion. I have did a little training in different MMA arts but basically I figured out in my bouncing days I am more of a bar fighter and I would get my ass handed to me in an octagon. I am like 54 and 2 in bar fights and the 2 I was to drunk to remember so I don't even count them as losses...LOL
                      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Mr Incredible
                        • Oct 2010

He's a physical phenomenan no doubt and has real talent, they say he wasn't used to taking punches from top level and it seemed to show against Cain.

His dedication to MMA has really been something to behold and to get the HW belt so quick is a huge achievement. He's not MMA through and through and its silly to compare him with Fedor etc. I hope he wins his last fight and goes on to do other great things. To me as a casual spectator he has been a great athelete to watch.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by BigSickD
                          I am like 54 and 2 in bar fights and the 2 I was to drunk to remember so I don't even count them as losses...LOL
                          LMAO! Dude...you live so dangerous Crisakes...motorcycle shit, skiing accidents, fights, etc. I bet COB16 stopped hanging with ya coz his wife said your a bad influence bwhahahaha! I'm shocked you are even capable of still pumping iron with all your past injuries...propz brutha.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Nigbo
                            Is he a "real" fighter? No youre right, hes just a guy with a moderate collegiate background

There also might be the slight chance brock realizes he cant learn the skills he needs in time to beat guys with good striking, see how late in the game his. Ealier in MMA this coulda worked but now guys start training much much earlier like boxers do. Its not converted "insert discipline" guys turning into mma fighters now a days

And if you watch the fight i think brocks spirit was broke when he took cain down and he popped back up. if youre bread and butter is using your wrestling and size to g&p[and you get neutralized within seconds, i can imagine that would be a killer mentally
                            Yeah true true...good take.

Comment

• JohnnyB
                              vet
                              • Jul 2003

That was his second loss, Mir submitted him. This is his first beat down. Which tells me he has a bullies heart, talk crap, beat people down and when you get your ass wiped move to a new neighborhood or find a new group to bully.

Comment

Working...