X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Newton
    VET
    • Nov 2018

Ammonia

I've had issues with ammonia since my 20's, at least from what I can remember. I used to smell ammonia while I was running, but as I got older, the problem grew worse. It's not a good problem to have, as everyone knows high ammonia is toxic in multiple ways. I've even had multiple labs come back with ammonia exceeding the top end of the reference range. Another thing is my shirts after working out reek of ammonia. I've tried multiple supplements over the years with little success until I tried L-Ornithine L-Aspartate. Now when I work out, my shirts just smell like regular stank. I no longer smell it in my nose during working out either. There *is* medication to help lower ammonia, but that means a doctor visit... and that ain't happening. It's not really an easy to find medication, either, and I'm sure it has side effects anyway. If anyone has similar issues, it's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2567YM

I take a rounded 1/2 tablespoon morning and night.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good information.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• JDUB
      Vet
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Beef Newton
      I've had issues with ammonia since my 20's, at least from what I can remember. I used to smell ammonia while I was running, but as I got older, the problem grew worse. It's not a good problem to have, as everyone knows high ammonia is toxic in multiple ways. I've even had multiple labs come back with ammonia exceeding the top end of the reference range. Another thing is my shirts after working out reek of ammonia. I've tried multiple supplements over the years with little success until I tried L-Ornithine L-Aspartate. Now when I work out, my shirts just smell like regular stank. I no longer smell it in my nose during working out either. There *is* medication to help lower ammonia, but that means a doctor visit... and that ain't happening. It's not really an easy to find medication, either, and I'm sure it has side effects anyway. If anyone has similar issues, it's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2567YM

Damn good luck with that. First I ever heard that.
      sigpic

Comment

• Beef Newton
        VET
        • Nov 2018

I think it's some kind of weird metabolic issue... which I feel kind of ties in with the lipomas I have scattered around my body.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
          Banned
          • Apr 2018

Protein breaks down into amino acids, which the body converts into ammonia. The body then releases this ammonia through urine and sweat, which may produce an odor. Dehydration can also make the sweat smell like ammonia. This is because the body needs water to get rid of ammonia through sweat.

Comment

• kriegernindo
            VET
            • Feb 2020

You are already on it. It's called L-Ornithine which directly helps get rid of and/or process ammonia. Considering adding L-Arginine and L-Citrulline as well. They help in the excrement of ammonia and important part of the urea cycle.

It's correct to say, "there is a potentially toxic DRUG for ammonia, but that means a doctor visit"

See it's important to say it that way to point out that the drug will just treat the problem or symptom top level and let the true cause go on underneath.

With what you are doing now with the fantastic L-Ornithine is adding an extremely valuable amino to your body to help facilitate it's natural processes at a good entrance level.

However, you are toxic and so is your liver and kidneys. Especially your liver. You have something causing the generation of high ammonia and it may be parasites.

I'd recommend you looking into doing a thorough liver cleanse preferably proceeding or coinciding with a juice fast three days before starting the liver and kidney cleansing herbs.

And take a look at the list of any prescription drugs you may be on already or have been for a while to further scientifically approach this situation with the goal of looking at everything as a whole and connected to end up at the best solution.

BTW: Excellent job and thank you for sharing this with us. It can help so many people

Comment

• Beef Newton
              VET
              • Nov 2018

Thanks, Kriegernindo. You know, I still have your liver cleanse protocol on the back burner. You think I should fire it up? I actually already bought everything... I just haven't yet done it. It's this one:

Olive oil 1-2 tablespoons daily - Bragg's brand, unfiltered unrefined
              Black walnut 250 mg twice daily (I cycle on and off of black walnut) - star west botanicals
              Diatomaceous earth FOOD GRADE ONLY I use 1 teaspoon daily - Lumino Brand
              Flax Meal 2 tablespoons before bed - Bob's Red Mills brand.

I'm actually not on too many prescription drugs. Ventolin for exercise induced asthma, Clonidine for BP, and "prescription" AAS. And this would actually be good timing, because I've been having trouble meeting my calories lately *and* getting my fats macro up. The olive oil (and flax?) will help with that.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                VET
                • Feb 2020

Just do the olive oil and black walnut and flax oil. Skip the DE...unless you think you have a pretty bad parasite problem. If you do choose to do the DE start off with 1/8 tsp. The silica is very valuable

Add in 2 pills of L-Methionine as well

Comment

• ironaddict51
                  VET
                  • Dec 2018

If you have persistent ammonia smell that can be a sign of kidney failure. I would see a doctor. https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...kidney-disease

Comment

• kriegernindo
                    VET
                    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by ironaddict51
                    If you have persistent ammonia smell that can be a sign of kidney failure. I would see a doctor. https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...kidney-disease
                    Yes All kidney tests should be done especially the eGFR and kidney support should be started.

No risks of supplementing with Hawthorn Extract and L-Arginine

Comment

• kriegernindo
                      VET
                      • Feb 2020

Ironaddict, very good reminder to use the benefits of modern medical technology and have everything tested. Let us remember though that machines can only test for what they're looking for. A great example of this is parasite testing. A renowned doctor as a guest on a podcast I follow just said yesterday that they have laboratory tests that will come back negative for parasites yet his patient passed a 16 ft tapeworm.

His next question was, where in the body was the tapeworm? That is why deeper understanding of the body is required and it can be achieved.

Kidney tests are usually pretty solid. But again from another angle they have found fungal like white web structures inside the kidneys of recently deceased person's with medical history of kidney disease and related health issues. A massive fungal candida growth in the kidneys because it was already in the blood, (candida often induced by antibiotics or immunosuppressants) so this type of stuff just be addressed and destroyed.

Dr Richard Schulze has a kidney cleansing protocol far above anything I could recommend and has literally regenerated people and their kidneys back to life

I think in the age we are in it's going to become more and more apparent the other Universe of medicine that exists outside allopathic medicine.

Half of allopathic medicine actually, is about discrediting the amazing results of natural holistic and ORTHOMOLECULAR Medicine through junk studies.

Comment

• Beef Newton
                        VET
                        • Nov 2018

I noticed this in my 20's (I am 48) have had countless labs that include kidney function come back just fine. At one point, I had a more comprehensive panel for kidney function (because one doctor didn't quite get that creatine supplementation could somehow increase creatinine), and all that came back fine, as well.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                          VET
                          • Feb 2020

I noticed this in my 20's (I am 48) have had countless labs that include kidney function come back just fine. At one point, I had a more comprehensive panel for kidney function (because one doctor didn't quite get that creatine supplementation could somehow increase creatinine), and all that came back fine, as well.
                          Yes when I re-read your OP and saw you had said this has been ongoing since your 20s I guess intuitively I knew that you have no reason to be concerned or any real issues otherwise they would have presented themselves by now in a much higher form than just an ammonia smell.

Comment

• Beef Newton
                            VET
                            • Nov 2018

Nah my reply was more for the other post, Krieg. I should have quoted.

Comment

• jrod
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by kriegernindo
                              Ironaddict, very good reminder to use the benefits of modern medical technology and have everything tested. Let us remember though that machines can only test for what they're looking for. A great example of this is parasite testing. A renowned doctor as a guest on a podcast I follow just said yesterday that they have laboratory tests that will come back negative for parasites yet his patient passed a 16 ft tapeworm.

His next question was, where in the body was the tapeworm? That is why deeper understanding of the body is required and it can be achieved.

Kidney tests are usually pretty solid. But again from another angle they have found fungal like white web structures inside the kidneys of recently deceased person's with medical history of kidney disease and related health issues. A massive fungal candida growth in the kidneys because it was already in the blood, (candida often induced by antibiotics or immunosuppressants) so this type of stuff just be addressed and destroyed.

Dr Richard Schulze has a kidney cleansing protocol far above anything I could recommend and has literally regenerated people and their kidneys back to life

I think in the age we are in it's going to become more and more apparent the other Universe of medicine that exists outside allopathic medicine.

Half of allopathic medicine actually, is about discrediting the amazing results of natural holistic and ORTHOMOLECULAR Medicine through junk studies.
                              Damn, now I’m worried I have parasites.
                              Can I take supplements to remove parasites not knowing whether I have them or not?

Comment

Working...