X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrod
    • Jun 2010

Test and iron

Does taking test truly lower iron?
    I’ve always been borderline anemic but thought test would help. From what I’ve read, it has the opposite effect.
    Does anyone take iron supplements while using test? Do you notice a difference with/without additional iron supplements?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Iron supplements taken at to high a dose has been related to cirrhosis of the liver. I would probably try B12 and folic acid which I take.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jrod
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Iron supplements taken at to high a dose has been related to cirrhosis of the liver. I would probably try B12 and folic acid which I take.
      Thanks Lifts

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

Do you donate blood? That might do it.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• jrod
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          Do you donate blood? That might do it.
          I’ve actually never donated blood. Perhaps I’m genetically predisposed to having low rbc.

Comment

• Paramuscle
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by jrod

Ive actually never donated blood. Perhaps Im genetically predisposed to having low rbc.
            I always try to remember that "normal" is a broad range. When I was doing the medic thing, we were taught "normal" pulse is 60-100. Now, think about that. The normal range can have a 40% variable. When I was in shape and training and my wind was up, my normal resting heart rate was in the 40s but tell that to someone who has been trained to accept the "normal" range. My point is that if it is borderline then I would keep an eye on it for sure but I think Lifts is on to something with his advice. And I know you know this but check it off cycle and then on and see what your response is.

~PM

Comment

• jrod
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Paramuscle

I always try to remember that "normal" is a broad range. When I was doing the medic thing, we were taught "normal" pulse is 60-100. Now, think about that. The normal range can have a 40% variable. When I was in shape and training and my wind was up, my normal resting heart rate was in the 40s but tell that to someone who has been trained to accept the "normal" range. My point is that if it is borderline then I would keep an eye on it for sure but I think Lifts is on to something with his advice. And I know you know this but check it off cycle and then on and see what your response is.

~PM
              Solid advice.

Comment

• Massimo1
                VET
                • Apr 2021

My doc says test lowers ferritin.

Comment

• Thehogsters
                  • Nov 2021

It increases iron. My doctor is always on my ass to lower my test. I have high HBC [iron] and the more gear I take the higher it goes.

Comment

Working...