Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supdawg

Hello....just registered

Hi everyone,

While researching supplements for the best performance gains, I stumbled across this forum. After spending a couple hours on searches, I decided to register and say what's up?

• DblDmnGd38

Well welcome and I'm glad you registered

Comment

• supdawg

Thanks. Dont want to get too pushy so I'll hold off on unleashing a barage of Q's.

Comment

• DblDmnGd38

Go ahead and ask away

Comment

• urafreak

welcome bro.

Comment

• Easto

Welcome Bro.

Ask away!!!

Comment

• supdawg

Well, I'm 35 years old and have been lifting weights now for 15 years. At 5'7 and 140lbs I use to bench 225. Now no matter how hard I work I'm stuck at 205 on a GOOD day. Maybe a mental barrier. Been using Creatin for a while now it helps some but what else? I am not looking to get big and I dont compete, but I would like to bench say 250 or more or at least get back to where I was when I was 20 yrs old.

Comment

• JohnnyB
                vet
                • Jul 2003

Sup Dawg

JohnnyB
                Attached Files

Comment

• Atherjen

Welcome aboard!
                  Im sure one of the guys can help you some tips on improving your bench

Comment

• Ligirl

Welcome I'm glad your here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by supdawg
                      Well, I'm 35 years old and have been lifting weights now for 15 years. At 5'7 and 140lbs I use to bench 225. Now no matter how hard I work I'm stuck at 205 on a GOOD day. Maybe a mental barrier. Been using Creatin for a while now it helps some but what else? I am not looking to get big and I dont compete, but I would like to bench say 250 or more or at least get back to where I was when I was 20 yrs old.

Try something differant for let's say six weeks do Dumbell inclines and dumbel flat benches. Do skull crushers to hit those triceps. You need to switch your routine from time to time to spur you past sticking points. Welcome to the board.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• nevaenuf

Originally posted by supdawg
                        Welcome to steroid support. What does your diet look like? How do you take your cteatine? and How much time do you spend in the gym?

Comment

• supdawg

nevaenuf: I've done the loading up phase on creatine monohydrate. Now maintaining 5-10mg/day with applejuice and or metrex.

liftsiron: I know you're right about switching up your routine. What's everyone's opinion on the "bowflex" for working out at home. Part of my problem is that I've been training alone so I haven't been getting the negative reps in.

Comment

• YummyLicious

Q's are good & Welcome.

Comment

• Andre_G

Hey bud. Welcome.

This thread seems like it kinda belongs in the training section, but here is my input.

If you want to train for strength lower your reps and up your weight. Keep your reps between 2 and 6 for strength, 6-12 for size and 12+ for endurance.
                              Stick mostly to the basic compound exercises like barbell bench presses, squats, deadlifts, chinups, barbell rows, barbell curls, dips....
                              You can also incorporate strength techniques such as the 5X5. You take a weight you can do for 6-8 reps and you do 5 sets of 5 reps. Your first time you might not get all 5 reps each time, you might get something like 5,5,5,4,3. Keep using that weight until you max it out, 5,5,5,5,5. then move up 5-10lbs and do it again. Once you max the new weight out move up another 5-10lbs etc...
                              This technique works best with compound exercises, especially bench press.

Goodluck bud. And remember you need to eat to grow and get strong.

Comment

Working...