X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paramuscle
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by 1bigun11
    Yeah, that lottery option is looking better to me all the time too….lol
    Agreed. They won't let me win because they would find me one week later, broke as hell and dead in a hotel bathroom in Vegas while wearing a sequin jumpsuit with a pile of cocaine on the table the size of a toaster oven.

~PM

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

Dang!!! All you.old farts are just falling apart. Maybe you need to switch to some cross fit training instead?
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 1bigun11
        • May 2022

Originally posted by Paramuscle
        Agreed. They won't let me win because they would find me one week later, broke as hell and dead in a hotel bathroom in Vegas while wearing a sequin jumpsuit with a pile of cocaine on the table the size of a toaster oven.

~PM
        Same here except I’d probably be wearing an Elvis suit and had just married a hooker, lol

Comment

• MindlessWork
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          Dang!!! All you.old farts are just falling apart. Maybe you need to switch to some cross fit training instead?
          That sure would be rejuvenating...
          “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Paramuscle
            • Mar 2018

How do you know when someone does Crossfit? Don't worry, they will tell you.

~PM

Comment

• Demigod
              • Feb 2018

I remember falling flat on my back and springing right back up. Now I lay there for awhile....

Comment

• Silntrunin
                VET
                • Mar 2023

Originally posted by HDH
                Yes, getting old sux sweaty ballzzzz...
                HAHA

This right here is my problem as well. The mind still thinks I'm 25 but the body has a whole nother story.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                  • Mar 2018

So I remember once I was in Afghanistan near the Torkham Pass and in the mountains and we had a pretty nice compound out I the bush and we had a really nice gym and we worked out religiously because what the fuck else can you do other than run missions right? Anyway, one of the team guys brings a P90X video out and about 6 of us got in there and went at it. He put the Yoga one on an FML that was the most difficult thing I ever did. It was so bad I never tried it again. It was a bunch of hard ass, tough guy type MFrs that did nasty shit and all of us were lying around crying afterwards. First time I did Crossfit, it changed my mind. When I am home I still do Crossfit 4 times a week for the conditioning.

~PM

Comment

• MindlessWork
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Silntrunin
                    HAHA

This right here is my problem as well. The mind still thinks I'm 25 but the body has a whole nother story.
                    200% spot on!!
                    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Roughrydr
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                      So I remember once I was in Afghanistan near the Torkham Pass and in the mountains and we had a pretty nice compound out I the bush and we had a really nice gym and we worked out religiously because what the fuck else can you do other than run missions right? Anyway, one of the team guys brings a P90X video out and about 6 of us got in there and went at it. He put the Yoga one on an FML that was the most difficult thing I ever did. It was so bad I never tried it again. It was a bunch of hard ass, tough guy type MFrs that did nasty shit and all of us were lying around crying afterwards. First time I did Crossfit, it changed my mind. When I am home I still do Crossfit 4 times a week for the conditioning.

~PM
                      LOL. I just paid for a year of some type of work out. It's using weights, a heavy weight ( dumbbells and kettle bells) then a lighter weight. It's all back to back, ten seconds rest between sets that last 40 seconds to a minute each. I'm in there with mostly old women, well they are my age, some younger, but in the few months I have been doing it I have seen one of the most dramatic body transformations I've ever had short of when I discovered insulin. I feel better, I have better balance, I've had a decrease of body fat percentage. I do this 3 times a week then do my regular weight routines modified to fit in three days a week. But this is the most intense training I've ever done. And it's showing. I'll be 68 in three or 4 days, not sure of the date today, but on the 16th, and I look better than I think I ever have.
                      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Silntrunin
                        VET
                        • Mar 2023

Its a necessity for us older guys to change the way we train. Just no way your body can continue to take a beating like that without breaking down. I've tried believe me. Probably why I've had so many surgeries. lol
                        I still lift moderately heavy but I ALWAYS add some type of core training and mobility training at the end now. I used to blow that shit off when I was younger but now I realize how important it is now at my age if I want to continue to lift. I can say its made a world of difference as far as my mobility and pain are concerned. Still have to argue with the ego every now and then but that's a good thing.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                          • Mar 2018

Agreed

~PM

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

Yeah i feel really strange foing what i call the girly class. Im a muscular old biker doing stuff i used to scoff at. I still feel embarrassed when the guys lifting wrights see me in there. But to be honest, im bigger than over 90% of them. And stronger. But the type of strength and teaining im doing in these classes is so much more intense. And i get so freaking pumped. We did lower body Monday and im still sore today. Lufting i would lift heavy then rest until.i was ready to do another set. With this stuff its back to back to back to back. And im ising heavy dumbbells. One lady tried to help me put my stuff away monday because i was lying kn the floor gadping for air and she couldnt even pick it up. Lol. But even if i was just trying to breeze through with lighter weights and not challenge myself it would still be intense tonfailure type of training.
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
                              • Oct 2017

Yeah i feel really strange foing what i call the girly class. Im a muscular old biker doing stuff i used to scoff at. I still feel embarrassed when the guys lifting wrights see me in there. But to be honest, im bigger than over 90% of them. And stronger. But the type of strength and teaining im doing in these classes is so much more intense. And i get so freaking pumped. We did lower body Monday and im still sore today. Lufting i would lift heavy then rest until.i was ready to do another set. With this stuff its back to back to back to back. And im ising heavy dumbbells. One lady tried to help me put my stuff away monday because i was lying kn the floor gadping for air and she couldnt even pick it up. Lol. But even if i was just trying to breeze through with lighter weights and not challenge myself it would still be intense tonfailure type of training.
                              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Paramuscle
                                • Mar 2018

I made so much fun of Crossfit over the years and then when I actually tried it, I found a new respect. When I am home, I go 4 times a week to Crossfit for the conditioning. If you want to get your conditioning up its a damn fine way to go about it.

~PM

Comment

Working...