The “I wish a motherfucker would” thread...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choke
    • Apr 2024

The “I wish a motherfucker would” thread...

BMJ’s thread about nearly busting a motherfucker up posited a notion that it would be, possibly fun, possibly cathartic to have a thread where anyone can simply give voice to those times when someone who annoyed you just had a near death experience and they may, or may not have known about it...

I’ll start...
    Or, my excuse to bitch...
    We spent the last half preparing to move. And it was the best set up one could hope for when selling your home and moving... I live in the Buckhead section of Atlanta, where it’s heavily residential and large lots are rare. Well, there was one of those rare plots of land next door. An impossibly large 13 acre track of land. Well a builder bought it up and is planning on putting three homes in that tract.

During the construction of the first home, he came over to my home and offered to purchase my home outright so that he could tear it down and even out the lots he wanted to put his third home on, and all the homes could have equal size lots. We went from being annoyed at the construction traffic, and then when it was done, it was the home used in the “Summer 1919 Showcase Home”. So we also tolerated LOTS of traffic, and people coming to see this home.

We chose to not allow it to bother us because this builder is going to buy our place straight up. We don’t have to prep it to sell, etc. An entire buying season that we had it off market... Mind you, we were looking for an excuse to move because moving a simple 3 miles away takes our tax bill from $21k, to just under $6k.

We found the house we LOVED, got to know the sellers (dude is a member of THE Ferrari family, and his wife is an artist. So the house was move in ready). We put a contract on that house, which was contingent on execution of the contract we’d been given by the builder. So we’re ready to move. Boom...

The fucking builder goes silent. And I had to get a bit creepy in the way that I can get professionally. I had to manipulate this guys sense of his status as a Christian to finally respond... Out of no where he tells us that he cannot do as he promised in buying our home. Direct quote, “I’m out for now”.

That’s the extent that I just got from this motherfucker.
    We skipped an entire selling/buying season, prepped our home, to get shoved into a moving van, typical home services cancelled, etc. We were excited to get into the new home, start the next chapter in life, etc....

Those that don’t know... I’ve been recovering from a extraordinarily serious brain injury. Part of my problem brought about with that TBI is violence... and urges to engage in it... This one is pushing my ability to absorb bullshit and not act out.

Fortunately, the she boss is really good at keeping her dog on the leash. When it’s really bad, the dog treat is an edible as guided by a doc.

So that’s my “I wish a motherfucker would” for the day...
    Never would have thought that just saying shit to people who don’t give a shit, and have the ability to give a critical other set of eyes, can really be useful in letting shit go.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

You sound like you took this builder's word that he was going to buy your house. You need to get everything in writing 100% of the time in every proposed transaction.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by liftsiron
      You sound like you took this builder's word that he was going to buy your house. You need to get everything in writing 100% of the time in every proposed transaction.
      Yeah, because we’d been working with him for six months. And it was he who offered up the contract that would enable us to place another contract in turn.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
        • Apr 2006

Oh man...i'll be adding to this

Just a VERY QUICK off the top of my head....moronic drivers!

I'm pretty considerate when driving, I may speed or go fast, but I never ride a person's ass, cut them off, or speed in a pack of cars on the freeway. Last thing i'd want to do is cause an accident on the freeway and kill a family with kids, or anybody for that matter.

But you have people driving on the freeway, in the left lane at that (usually a Prius or illegal) driving sub-speed limit, or right at it, who will not pull over to let faster cars by. I can usually spot it out coming up on them, so I usually just move over myself and pass them without commotion or thought...but sometimes, it never fails, you'll get some jackass who all of a sudden starts speeding up because they don't like getting passed. Sometimes, you will pass them and get quite a ways in front of them, then all of a sudden you'll see them gaining on you through the rear-view mirror. WTF? So let's say they are going 70mph, i'll move over and pass them going, let's say 80mph...then 2 minutes afterward, they are gaining on you...<rolleyes>

Sometimes when I am trying to be cautious of getting a ticket, lol, i'll let people pass me and use them as my sitting duck. I'll speed up after they pass me, but usually still keep my distance...basically using them to allow me to speed up behind them, but without wanting to catch up to them, and definitely not riding their asses.

Another thing that gets me is when you pass all these people on the freeway, then get caught up in a pack of cars, and in hopes of not causing a wreck, I slow down....because there are 2-4 cars in front of me or to the side of me. The comes along a few idiots (probably ones you already passed by earlier) who want to come ride your ass because they are unpatient at the speed of the pack...but yet they don't realize, I can't get out of my car and go push off the road the 2-4 cars in front of me....also slowing me down. It's like, "yea fukker, you wouldn't even be on my tail end if these cars in front of me weren't here." <rolleyes> Like what the fukk, i'm not going to just move over when i'm caught up too.

A final one for road 'rage' lol...

When you are driving in the left lane and nobody is in front of you for miles, but then when you come up to pass 2 cars who have been driving in the middle lane for a long-while, they the second one all of a sudden decides he wants to pass the guy in front of him while you draw near.....but does the pass at a snails pace...WTF It's like, "sure guy, you've been behind that other car for how many miles, and you feel compelled to finally decide to pass him when I get near you guys...feel free jackass!" If i'm driving the speed limit and i'm the second car with oncoming traffic, I usually pass the car in front of me by switching into the far right lane, instead of cutting off and slowing down the guy driving faster in the left lane....or I just wait 2 seconds longer.

Comment

Working...