X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew0409
    Vet
    • Sep 2016

Topical finasteride?

I feel like my hair is thinning on the top, but i'm not really sure. It's not very noticeable if it is happening, more like me freaking out a bit. But I was told topical finasteride works well for someone thats on test for a while? And that it only affects the receptors on my hair and doesn't mess with gain? Anyone tried finasteride or other ways of preventing hair loss from aas use?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I think balding is more genetics than anything else.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• andrew0409
      Vet
      • Sep 2016

No balding problems in either side of my family.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I wouldn't worry to much then.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• surferdude
          Vet
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by andrew0409
          I feel like my hair is thinning on the top, but i'm not really sure. It's not very noticeable if it is happening, more like me freaking out a bit. But I was told topical finasteride works well for someone thats on test for a while? And that it only affects the receptors on my hair and doesn't mess with gain? Anyone tried finasteride or other ways of preventing hair loss from aas use?
          If you hair is thinning and you are on test, then it for sure is the DHT. I had a full head of hair before I began taking test and slowly over the years it has thinned out tremendously. I took blood tests to measure my DHT and it was always high until I began taking finasteride and that dropped it back into the normal range. 1 mg ED is all you need unless you are taking massive doses of Test or Primo (another DHT AAS). Then you should take maybe 1.5 mgs or 2 per day and get a blood test in a month to see where your DHT levels are.

If all else fails, with all the money you make as a pro you can probably afford Bosley hair replacement therapy.

Comment

• A.B
            VET
            • Jun 2004

Never heard of topical finasteride.

To piggy back off surfer dude I tried the finasteride route and didn't like it. Made erections a lot weaker. To each there own. I would run it with a mild AI dose. And also only do .5mg EOD. Surferdude is right you would need to increase the dose with a larger cycle but the rest of the time .5mg has shown to decrease Dht the same

Comment

• surferdude
              Vet
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by A.B
              Never heard of topical finasteride.

To piggy back off surfer dude I tried the finasteride route and didn't like it. Made erections a lot weaker. To each there own. I would run it with a mild AI dose. And also only do .5mg EOD. Surferdude is right you would need to increase the dose with a larger cycle but the rest of the time .5mg has shown to decrease Dht the same
              Yeah people can react adversely to finasteride pills in that way. I've seen youtube videos on guys saying it ruined their sex lives but everyone reacts differently. I don't notice any difference using 1 mg a day.

The only way to know for sure if your DHT levels are high is by a blood test. Then you can try the .5 or 1 mg to see where they are in a month.

Comment

• andrew0409
                Vet
                • Sep 2016

I'm not actually losing hair lol, was getting paranoid since I usually sleep on dark color sheets and pillows and moved in with my gf and she has all white so you can see hair that fell off. But it's not really that much and my doctor assured me I'm not showing any signs of balding.

Comment

Working...