• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warreng
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Torn Quad

NA
    Last edited by warreng; 05-17-2020, 04:02 AM.
  • tank100
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Never a knee but have had several tears. A couple that required surgery. From your description I would say you probably need to go to the Dr. and have it checked out, especially if you start to see bruising. Keep ice on it and maybe some ibuprofen for the time being. Hope its not too serious bro.

Comment

• SauerJitsu2005
      • Dec 2018

I would definitely get it checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, buddy. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

A snap or a pop is never good news. Get it checked out early rather than later. It makes a big difference in healing if you get right on top of it.
        The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

You need to get it checked immediately, if it requires surgery the sooner the better.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

Dam G, sorry to hear. Definitely get it checked out man!

Comment

• Big B
              Banned
              • Jan 2016

You have a lot of guts to remove the weights for the next person. I would be sitting there panicking. Yeah, need to go to Dr or ER asap. Any coloring in the area?

Hope you're ok, brother!

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

Good call to hit urgent care. That is what I was going to suggest. Get that ball rolling.
                The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Aklion
                  VET
                  • Jan 2019

Glad you got checked out bro. Take it easy on that knee!

Comment

• b52
                    • Oct 2006

Oh man, sounds bad. Hopefully not too bad. Keep us posted.

Comment

• b52
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by warreng
                      It's bad, I can barely walk. Next step is to figure out a way to bench and chin, and see the ortho. Thank you for your support - it was traumatizing. Just laying there, before I knew it, prob blacked out for a sec, heard the knee pop, snap, etc. Will never forget all that.
                      Leg brace maybe? Tbar with the pad takes all the strain off your legs. Any back exercise that has a chest pad. I'm gonna say dumbbell pressing is out of the question. Probably gonna have to stick to barbell and ask for a spot when needed.

Comment

• Deadwood
                        VET
                        • Dec 2018

If you're on cycle you should think about adjusting dosages/type ASAP. You don't want to slow your tendon recovery (collagen synthesis) by running high test.

Comment

• b52
                          • Oct 2006

What if the doc asks about gear? Worried both because, for insurance purposes, it's not good to have that notated on your medical records, and also because I wonder whether it could interfere with surgery.,
                          Idk man. I think in this case you're SOL. But don't take my word I'm just thinking.

Comment

• Deadwood
                            VET
                            • Dec 2018

High test has a negative effect on collagen synthesis? How much before you get that effect? What about other anabolics? GH and Anavar are supposedly good for collagen, no?
                            Test over 250mg/wk decreases collagen synthesis. Deca, anavar, EQ, and primo increase collagen synthesis. Winny increases synthesis but creates brittle tendons.

Quote from six different boards, but having trouble finding the study.
                            "While injecting test increases protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% – more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It’s like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man."

Comment

• liftsiron
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Deadwood
                              Test over 250mg/wk decreases collagen synthesis. Deca, anavar, EQ, and primo increase collagen synthesis. Winny increases synthesis but creates brittle tendons.

Quote from six different boards, but having trouble finding the study.
                              "While injecting test increases protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% – more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It’s like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man."

The study that I seen cited on most forums in regard to test reducing collagen synthesis as I recall was a study of cardiac tissue in neonatal rats. If you find any human studies to this effect please post. I have seen several studies where it shows that winstrol increases type II cartilage which is thick and brittle. I take collagen peptides as some studies show they help with collagen synthesis.
                              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...