Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Health and medical articles
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
High resting heartrate, not good.

If you are a person who already has stable heart disease, how fast your heart beats at rest can predict your risk of dying, not only from heart disease but all other causes, Dr. Eva Lonn told the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress 2010, co-hosted by the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the Canadian Cardiovascular Society.
--------------------------
"The higher the heart rate, the higher the risk of death from cardiovascular and all causes, even after adjusting for all risk factors that could confound our results," says Dr. Lonn, a cardiologist and professor at McMaster University.

Compared to heart disease patients with the lowest heart rate (58 beats per minute or less), those who had heart rates greater than 78 had a 39 per cent increased risk of suffering a major vascular event, a 77 per cent increased risk of cardiovascular disease death, and a 65 per cent increased risk of all-cause death.

They were also more than twice as likely to be hospitalized for heart failure compared with subjects with the lowest heart rate. A normal heart rate for healthy adults is between 60 and 100 beats per minute.

The bottom line? A higher heart rate is a marker for a shorter life expectancy.

The results come from data that were amassed in two trials -- ONTARGET and TRANSCEND -- that were undertaken to see whether use of medications could reduce events such as heart attack, stroke, and heart failure in patients who were 55 years or older and who had established but stable cardiovascular disease or diabetes with end-organ damage.

The trials, which were coordinated by the Population Health Research Institute and led by Dr. Salim Yusuf of McMaster University, included 31,531 patients from all over the world who were followed for more than four years.

Dr. Lonn says she and her team decided to use the wealth of data from the two studies to see if resting heart rate might be a factor in future major vascular events, including heart attack, stroke, hospitalization for heart failure, heart disease death, and all-cause death in these patients.

"Heart rate is measured routinely at every medical encounter, it's easy to do, it's cheap to measure, and we have good medications that can lower heart rate, so it is something we can treat," she says. "We are always looking for new ways to define which patients are at higher risk for developing vascular events."

Heart and Stroke Foundation spokesperson Dr. Beth Abramson notes that a high resting heart rate is associated with many conditions that put people at risk, including poorer heart muscle function.

She says that people who are physically fit and who exercise regularly can lower their heart rate: "We know that their outcomes are better. Not all patients with high heart rates will need an adjustment in medication however. Regular activity and fitness training can also lower one's heart rate over time."

Simply being out of shape puts people at increased risk of heart disease. Dr. Abramson points to the example of high-calibre athletes who have strong hearts with very low resting heart rates and compares them to people who are out of shape, who often have higher resting heart rates.

"This study on heart rate is intriguing but it is important that we are reminded how to truly reduce our future risk," she says. "Eating a balanced diet, being physically active, managing stress, limiting caffeine intake, and being smoke-free can help improve your heart health, regardless of the effects on heart rate."

Dr. Abramson says the bigger question is why this occurs and what we can do to protect ourselves: "This study points out the link between heart rate and life expectancy. Further studies can look at just why we are seeing this association."
Old 05-04-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
JDUB
Vet

JDUB will become famous soon enoughJDUB will become famous soon enough
Good read, Thanks Lifts.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Cardio type exercise is only way I know how to naturally lower it. Beta blockers work well too.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:52 PM   #4
kriegernindo
VET

kriegernindo is on a distinguished road
Yes but beta blockers would technically or rather theoretically unless I am missing something possibly only slow the heart down of course via its mechanisms of blocking basically adrenaline derivatives or something, the question is why is the heart beating fast in the first place?

I think it would be interesting for people to post up their resting heart rate. I know for sure mine is higher than I'd like but I attribute that to the evil poison damage. I feel like it dramatically improved when I started taking B-vitamins and Glutamine. Amazing.

The heart is so intricately connected to the gut. Did you know the gut itself and the nerves like the vagus nerve and ancillary bundles can actually affect heart rate (pretty obvious right? when we eat food our heart rate usually increases) and even contribute to panic attacks in some/many cases?

Love the article btw, I would definitely like to say I am as interested in WHY some people have a higher resting heart rate than others, and especially have been focused on the heart rate and cardivascular system as whole including the adrenals and nervous system after damage from rec drug use. Many people live with permanent anxiety after even a short or medium span of abuse with a drug, usually stimulant based, although it can happen with anything but I find the amphetamine class the worst cause of post drug addiction anxiety and heart problems.

my heart rate resting is probably 60-70 BPM. I run about 200 mg test every 10 days. 10-15 mg dbol 2-3 times per week. this is for the last few months. I'm doing a hard long cruise as I was on for years through college and didnt come off really.
kriegernindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:28 PM   #5
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriegernindo View Post
Yes but beta blockers would technically or rather theoretically unless I am missing something possibly only slow the heart down of course via its mechanisms of blocking basically adrenaline derivatives or something, the question is why is the heart beating fast in the first place?

I think it would be interesting for people to post up their resting heart rate. I know for sure mine is higher than I'd like but I attribute that to the evil poison damage. I feel like it dramatically improved when I started taking B-vitamins and Glutamine. Amazing.

The heart is so intricately connected to the gut. Did you know the gut itself and the nerves like the vagus nerve and ancillary bundles can actually affect heart rate (pretty obvious right? when we eat food our heart rate usually increases) and even contribute to panic attacks in some/many cases?

Love the article btw, I would definitely like to say I am as interested in WHY some people have a higher resting heart rate than others, and especially have been focused on the heart rate and cardivascular system as whole including the adrenals and nervous system after damage from rec drug use. Many people live with permanent anxiety after even a short or medium span of abuse with a drug, usually stimulant based, although it can happen with anything but I find the amphetamine class the worst cause of post drug addiction anxiety and heart problems.

my heart rate resting is probably 60-70 BPM. I run about 200 mg test every 10 days. 10-15 mg dbol 2-3 times per week. this is for the last few months. I'm doing a hard long cruise as I was on for years through college and didnt come off really.
Yeah, I agree. Better to fix the cause than treat the symptom. I would be happy with 60-70 cause mine is more like 90. Lol. But that’s cause I’m addicted to nicotine. I’m chewing nic gum all day long. It took a long time for my anxiety to get better. But it was when I got off benzos. I think it was because I had not really delt with normal day to day stresses in a very long time and my brain had to learn to deal with that. The time when I did meth and molly a year straight I didn’t really have anxiety. I just wanted to sleep. For months I had no energy. It definitely fucked me up.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:11 PM   #6
kriegernindo
VET

kriegernindo is on a distinguished road
Yeah you'll sleep for a week straight after coming off meth.

I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep the other night and took my pulse and it was about 60 bpm. Last year this time it was 80. So apparently the cardio and supplements and probably also abstinence from cigarettes and alcohol (once a month only when going out) must be making a difference
kriegernindo is offline   Reply With Quote