X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chooch
    VET
    • Oct 2009

Anybody else into watches?

Just curious if anybody else is into nice watches. Sorry but after years and years in this lifestyle, gear and training talk starts to get boring lol. Just curious what you guys have or like. And what was the first really nice watch you ever bought?
  • wallyd
    VET
    • Aug 2015

One nice Mavado

Comment

• ozzy69
      Assistant Admin
      • Jun 2011

I have 2 Luminox

Comment

• Chooch
        VET
        • Oct 2009

I’m pretty sure I need an intervention lol. 5 Rolex, 3 Tag Heuer, 1 Omega, 1 Breitling, and I’m always looking for something new.

Comment

• wallyd
          VET
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Chooch
          I’m pretty sure I need an intervention lol. 5 Rolex, 3 Tag Heuer, 1 Omega, 1 Breitling, and I’m always looking for something new.
          That sounds like me with guns. Yes I think I have a problem. Lol

Comment

• Tiny
            VET
            • Jan 2024

I used to be, back when I worked in sales/with the public. Image was important, plus I always liked watches.

Haven’t worn a watch in years, but have thought about wearing them again. Problem is, I work construction and they would get fucked up. I will probably just wear my tag on the weekends.

All I have left is my tag, gold/stainless submariner, a titanium seiko, and a couple of others that I can’t recall the name.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve cared less about material things and try to enjoy living my life and traveling with my family. I’d rather have memories of good times, than be surrounded by good things. I spend most of my money on the family.

Comment

• wallyd
              VET
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Tiny
              I used to be, back when I worked in sales/with the public. Image was important, plus I always liked watches.

Haven’t worn a watch in years, but have thought about wearing them again. Problem is, I work construction and they would get fucked up. I will probably just wear my tag on the weekends.

All I have left is my tag, gold/stainless submariner, a titanium seiko, and a couple of others that I can’t recall the name.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve cared less about material things and try to enjoy living my life and traveling with my family. I’d rather have memories of good times, than be surrounded by good things. I spend most of my money on the family.
              That’s awesome about spending money on your family.

I’m not a very materialistic person so I get what you’re saying. I’ve got one buddy in particular that every time I talk to him it’s nothing but bragging about what he has. He doesn’t know I’m friends with his sister in law & his banker so I know way more than I let on about his bragging. Lol

Comment

• Chooch
                VET
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by wallyd
                That sounds like me with guns. Yes I think I have a problem. Lol
                You can add that problem to my list as well lol

Comment

• Chooch
                  VET
                  • Oct 2009

I totally understand this. Luckily I’m still able to do all that and still buy stupid shit that I don’t particularly need.

Comment

• OldSwellin
                    VET
                    • Oct 2023

I am not. I dig them, but I burn money on other stupid stuff. I have a movado and a garmin tactix 7. Neither of which would be considered nice watches. I did buy my father a Grand Seiko for his 80th bday last year. He was a Seiko guy and didn't know about the Grands. It was awesome to see that tough joker choked up.

As far as guns go, I spend a ton on them and using them. I take 4-5 classes every year and shoot at least 5-8k rounds of 9mm and 4-5k of 223 each year.
                    Last edited by OldSwellin; 02-02-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                      • Oct 2017

A gold Rolex Presidential back in 88. It disappearedfrom my property in pinellas county jail. Between there and prison it was gone. Now i cant afford nice stuff which is fine. Ill stick with my Harley.
                      Last edited by Roughrydr; 02-02-2024, 07:14 PM.
                      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Stickler
                        VET
                        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Chooch
                        Damn... I'm fucking jealous

Comment

• Stickler
                          VET
                          • Jun 2022

I got a $500 watch as a gift from my grandmother. I'm a mechanic at an Amazon facility.. I wear it every day and just recently scratched the face. When it's too bad, I'll get it refaced. BUT, my goal has always been to own a Rolex, even if it's just a $5k baseline model. Something I can leave for my Son one day... not aggressive, but a simple goal where achievement and style, meet my personality that my son could use, if needed, as a safety net for Something. .... I LOVE. A good watch BTW. I just can't afford to spend anything like that on myself anytime soon

Comment

• Stickler
                            VET
                            • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                            A gold Rolex Presidential back in 88. It disappearedfrom my property in pinellas county jail. Between there and prison it was gone. Now i cant afford nice stuff which is fine. Ill stick with my Harley.
                            You're a fuckin' boss bro. HOWEVER... a sweet ass Harley and a Rolex to go with your brass knuckles.. that'd be a sweet photo op.

I love all three of those items btw, in no particular order. Used a bike, used brass, and have a watch. Lol

Comment

• Chooch
                              VET
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Stickler
                              I got a $500 watch as a gift from my grandmother. I'm a mechanic at an Amazon facility.. I wear it every day and just recently scratched the face. When it's too bad, I'll get it refaced. BUT, my goal has always been to own a Rolex, even if it's just a $5k baseline model. Something I can leave for my Son one day... not aggressive, but a simple goal where achievement and style, meet my personality that my son could use, if needed, as a safety net for Something. .... I LOVE. A good watch BTW. I just can't afford to spend anything like that on myself anytime soon
                              For somebody in your shoes I’d suggest checking out Chrono24. You can buy nice watches (some used and for a good price) from dealers all over the country that are vetted, so no risk of scam, and your money actually goes to Chrono24 not the seller, until you receive the watch and verify it. Good deals can be found and pretty safe for anybody worried about getting scammed. If you didn’t know, you can’t just walk into a Rolex AD and buy a watch. They won’t sell to you unless you have a relationship with them so the grey market is your best option.

Comment

Working...