Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 03-24-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
Strongisland631
Vet

Strongisland631 is on a distinguished road
Coming off TRT and Hairloss

Obviously we know that high amounts of testosterone via DHT can cause hair loss. But has anyone experienced coming off testosterone or TRT and going from very high levels of T, to low levels, and that causing hair loss?

I suspect it could be from large fluctuations in hormones - ie high T and high estrogen to low T and no estrogen?

But you guys are so much smarter than me so was interested to hear what you thought?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
You may be right about fluctuations in hormones, stress is another cause of hair loss.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:22 AM   #3
Reboot
VET

Reboot is on a distinguished road
Finestride does a great job of holding off hairloss just from DHT. Throw Deca in there and things could go badly.
Reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:45 PM   #4
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
I’ve done some decent amount of research on these issues and the most hairloss I always notice is during PCT. I believe the hormone fluctuation and PCT drugs will cause it. Nolva. Clomid and even during cycles AIs are known to cause hairloss whether permanent or temporary.

Finasteride. Minoxidil and a ketoconazole shampoo is the best defence. RU58841 is also a topical anti androgen good for the scalp
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:28 AM   #5
956Vette
VET

956Vette is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
Finestride does a great job of holding off hairloss just from DHT. Throw Deca in there and things could go badly.
Folks use deca without issue, unsure why this fud persists, what could go badly? The more deca and the less test you're using, it makes sense to reduce finasteride intake. It's not like deca (+ finasteride) is compounding mpb problems.
956Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:13 PM   #6
5plates
Vet

5plates is on a distinguished road
Yup happened to me, I had not lost any hair after a decade of blasting, came off and went natural for a while.. hair fell out everywhere. I shave it now. It all happened in a matter of weeks. I have no explanation for it except my body had adapted to e2 conversion with high test levels. When my test dropped my e2 dropped extremely low. My best guess anyway, trt doctor wouldn't comment on it. My advice to anybody that’s been on for years is taper off, don’t crash like Ronnie, be more like Jay.
5plates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #7
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I mean does anyone attribute it to the fact we're all getting older and don't respond the ways we did when we were younger? Just saying. We're not spring chickens anymore.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote