X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strongisland631
    Vet
    • May 2007

Coming off TRT and Hairloss

Obviously we know that high amounts of testosterone via DHT can cause hair loss. But has anyone experienced coming off testosterone or TRT and going from very high levels of T, to low levels, and that causing hair loss?

I suspect it could be from large fluctuations in hormones - ie high T and high estrogen to low T and no estrogen?

But you guys are so much smarter than me so was interested to hear what you thought?

Thanks
    "It is only till we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything."
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

You may be right about fluctuations in hormones, stress is another cause of hair loss.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Reboot
      VET
      • Feb 2021

Finestride does a great job of holding off hairloss just from DHT. Throw Deca in there and things could go badly.

Comment

• A.B
        VET
        • Jun 2004

I’ve done some decent amount of research on these issues and the most hairloss I always notice is during PCT. I believe the hormone fluctuation and PCT drugs will cause it. Nolva. Clomid and even during cycles AIs are known to cause hairloss whether permanent or temporary.

Finasteride. Minoxidil and a ketoconazole shampoo is the best defence. RU58841 is also a topical anti androgen good for the scalp

Comment

• 956Vette
          VET
          • May 2020

Originally posted by Reboot
          Finestride does a great job of holding off hairloss just from DHT. Throw Deca in there and things could go badly.
          Folks use deca without issue, unsure why this fud persists, what could go badly? The more deca and the less test you're using, it makes sense to reduce finasteride intake. It's not like deca (+ finasteride) is compounding mpb problems.

Comment

• 5plates
            Vet
            • Aug 2007

Yup happened to me, I had not lost any hair after a decade of blasting, came off and went natural for a while.. hair fell out everywhere. I shave it now. It all happened in a matter of weeks. I have no explanation for it except my body had adapted to e2 conversion with high test levels. When my test dropped my e2 dropped extremely low. My best guess anyway, trt doctor wouldn't comment on it. My advice to anybody that’s been on for years is taper off, don’t crash like Ronnie, be more like Jay.

Comment

• b52
              • Oct 2006

I mean does anyone attribute it to the fact we're all getting older and don't respond the ways we did when we were younger? Just saying. We're not spring chickens anymore.

Comment

Working...