Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #16
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
9/30

I posted in the endurance section, but I'll post here too. I did my last hard run before my race. 13 miles. It wasn't a fast run, but I pushed a bit towards the end because I can't help it! Finished in 2:08:28. I was pleased with that. My pace was pretty even the whole time and the weather was perfect.

All I've got the rest of the week is 2 easy 3 milers. Otherwise just resting.

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #17
SarahPT
AE Female Member

10/2

Just did an easy 3 miler. It can be hard to actually go really easy. But I did. I always want to just sprint the end!!

Bill comes back from Alaska tomorrow. I have to pick him up at the bus station sometime in the afternoon.

Gotta get some caffeine in me now or else I'll take an inadvetent nap.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
KitKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPT
10/2

Just did an easy 3 miler. It can be hard to actually go really easy. But I did. I always want to just sprint the end!!
It can be VERY difficult. Nice job holding back
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #19
SarahPT
AE Female Member

Thanks Kat.

Ugh, I wanted a nice relaxing week before race time but oooooohhh no. There had to be a big emergency that I'm not going to get in to. Yesterday was hell-stess day.

This morning I have a physical, then I have a couple new clients coming, so I have to make the gym all perfect. I've got to get my last run in as well.

I did find another half marathon I want to do. It's in February. Actually, I registered yesterday. So I'm going to change my training schedule just a bit. I'll do that later and post it.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
SarahPT
AE Female Member

10/4

Did my last run--3 miles real easy. Man was it unbelievably hot!

Here's my new schedule:

-Half marathon this Sunday
-Next week mostly rest, run a 5k Sunday just for fun
-Start mass building-ish the following week. It will be lift 3 days a week, run 3 days a week.
-Stop that around the first week of December. Running will increase to 5 days a week (slowly increase though) and lifting will be cut back to 1-2 days a week
-10 miler on Feb 10
-Half marathon on Feb 24, at which time I will be running in the 30 and over category!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #21
TheWICKED

all this cardio is giving me a headache... :eviltongu
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #22
KitKat

Nice goal plan!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #23
SarahPT
AE Female Member

Ryan, I'm sure the headache is because you know you can't keep up with meeeee!!

Thanks Kat! I'm pretty happy with my plan.

Ok, next 2 days I have to actually try to take it easySomething I don't do well. Sit still? What is that?

I have to get up at 4am Sunday. That's inhumane! So I started getting up earlier today to get used to it. I'm going to have to go to bed rediculously early Saturday.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #24
TheWICKED

Quote:
Ryan, I'm sure the headache is because you know you can't keep up with meeeee!!

Thanks Kat! I'm pretty happy with my plan.

Ok, next 2 days I have to actually try to take it easySomething I don't do well. Sit still? What is that?

I have to get up at 4am Sunday. That's inhumane! So I started getting up earlier today to get used to it. I'm going to have to go to bed rediculously early Saturday.

Are we still talking about cardio!? :eviltongu :hahaha:
Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #25
SarahPT
AE Female Member

Yeah somehow I KNEW you would say that!

So I feel likie shit today. Tired and achy and like I got hit by a truck. Great, 14 hours til race time and I feel like complete crap. I may have messed up taking my meds last night and taken and extra pill. That would make me feel really tired, but I would think it would have worn off by now. Ugh, I had better feel fine in the morning!!!!

Going to make a big pot of brown rice pasta and go to bed nice and early...like 7pm lol.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
ironmaidn

Quote:
10/4

Did my last run--3 miles real easy. Man was it unbelievably hot!

Here's my new schedule:

-Half marathon this Sunday
-Next week mostly rest, run a 5k Sunday just for fun
-Start mass building-ish the following week. It will be lift 3 days a week, run 3 days a week.
-Stop that around the first week of December. Running will increase to 5 days a week (slowly increase though) and lifting will be cut back to 1-2 days a week
-10 miler on Feb 10
-Half marathon on Feb 24, at which time I will be running in the 30 and over category!
HALF MARATHON DAY TOMORROW! :headbange WOW! Please let us know how you do and post some pics. Good luck, but I doubt you will need it!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #27
SarahPT
AE Female Member

Thanks girly!!

For anyone who didn't see my race report it's in the endurance training section along with a bunch of pics.

I am so sore today. Oof! I had the biggest ice cream ever yesterday. So good. Today and tomorrow will be total rest days. I may do some light yoga Wednesday and try a run on Thursday. Weights start up next week!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #28
SarahPT
AE Female Member

I think yesterday was actually the laziest day I have had all year. I was just sore and tired and it was rainy out...I did cacth up on some stuff on the computer, but that was about it.

Today I have to get my butt moving. I'll go out and distribute some more newsletters, and I also have 2 new clients to do assessments on. And...clean the gym, train a couple other people I think? Better check my schedule.

Thank goodness I'm less sore today. My legs are still feeling it from the race though. I had a drink before bed last night and slept like a log.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #29
SarahPT
AE Female Member

10/12

This morning I did a 3 mile easy run. I had energy and wanted to fly, but I held back a bit. I did the first 2 miles easy and cranked it up on the last one. I'still planning to do a 5k in the morning. Yeehaw!!! Then Sunday I start weight training again...

Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #30
laurie

sometimes rest is needed and u come back stronger. its ok to take a break now and then hun.