Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
CTri17
Vet

CTri17 will become famous soon enough
isnt it funny

isnt it interesting that we will notice things becoming leaner that are just strange....last night when I was hanging out with my roommate talking to a friend on the phone I was looking at my lower legs/feet and noticed that they are way leaner than they used to be....random I know but I thought I would share before I step outside my office and start my lift here in a few minutes
Old 09-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #17
CTri17
Vet

Monday 9/24/2007

Foam Roll

Deadlift- mind you this is prolly my 4th time deadlifting, so one of the guys I work with has been watching me (he is also a strength coach like me and he is a powerlifter) so we tried sumo today as well as conventional
132x5 conventional
176x4 (2 conventional, 2 sumo)
196x2 (1 of each)
220x2 (1 of each)
240x0 (sumo missed, barely pulled it an inch of the floor, hips came up)
240x0 (conventional missed, argh)
220x1 conventional moderate
230x1 conventional difficult
176x4 conventional
176x4 conventional

DB Walking lunges
3 x 20 yds @ 30 lb db's

Mid Row
3 x 12 @ 155,140,130

Weighted pushups
3 x 10 @ 25lbs

DB RDL
3 x 10 @ 50 lb DB's ( I didnt go up this week, my back/ hamstrings were toast from the first 2 exercises)

Standing cable reverse fly
3 x 10 @ 10lbs each

Run
30 min
3.25 miles

TKE's 1 x 15 each leg
Stretch

Ice cup L IT band/ patellar tendon

*comments are always welcome
Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #18
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
I would be very happy to help you with comp prpe. You have a great physique to start with.

rock climbing--so jealous!! Mu hubby and I do some pretty strenuous hiking, but he would be way too scared to do any rock climbing. I would love to give it a try some day.

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
CTri17
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPT
I would be very happy to help you with comp prpe. You have a great physique to start with.

rock climbing--so jealous!! Mu hubby and I do some pretty strenuous hiking, but he would be way too scared to do any rock climbing. I would love to give it a try some day.
That would be amazing if you helped me with my prep! How early would we start working together if i'm looking at the possibility of an april show?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #20
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
A minimum of 3 months, but it's up to you if you want to start sooner. I don't have a time limit on contest prep programs, since sometimes people feel they need longer, especially first timers. So as early as you want to start is fine. Your cutting time shouldn't be too bad since you are already so nice and lean.

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM   #21
Mahaffje

Good lord, you're hittin it hard. Some impressive workouts in there. I love to see a woman squatting and deadlifting too.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #22
CTri17
Vet

Tuesday 9/25/2007

Fasted State Cardio
Spin class
60 min
Hills, intervals, breakaways, jumps, sprints....the whole 9 yards

Abs
2 x 10- 25 lb Crunch with serratus punch with 3 count pause
2 x 10- 25 lb weighted crunches with pause
2 x 10- 1/2 straight leg raise to reverse crunch
2 x 10- Tucks
1 x 20- Bicycles Slow

Workout is done and it is only 7:07 am!
Have a great day!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #23
CTri17
Vet

Wednesday 9/26/2007

let me start by saying today sucked, I warmup start squatting and I hold kind of a mid/low bar placement and last week when I got up to 170 it almost was creating a pressure part and causing the muscle to move and be painful but I dealt with it.
This week I warmed up got up to 175 for my first set and my arm didnt go dead but just didnt feel right, I tried again and same thing.
So I went up to the Physical therapist upstairs (a bonus of my job as a strength coach) and he worked on it and my infraspinatus was all sorts of crazy tight and locked up. So did some rehab and then finished my workout but did the powersquat so that the muscle didnt have any pressure on it, and only did my left arm....i'm not so amused.
I was also supposed to swim today but clearly that didnt happen.
So here is my workout

Back Squat
135x3
150x3
165x3
175x5
Power Squat
135x5
135x5 *this is roughly the same feeling weight as what I was BB Squatting)

DB SA Shoulder press
32.5 x 8
30 x 10
27.5 x 12

Hammer Hi Row Single arm (instead of chins)
3 x 8 @ 55

DB SA Snatch
3 x 4 @ 35

SL Squat off Box
2 x 6 ea

Glute Ham Raise
3 x 10

Single Arm Y Raise
3 x 10 @ 7.5

Cardio
Elliptical
20 min
random
level 7

BAH
Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
KitKat

Nice log.
Which distance tri are you training for? Have you done tri's before? I found upon training for the Olympic distance I had to drop the weight lifting, my cortisol levels sored to high. Kind of sucked, I can't wait to start lifting again. When is your tri and where?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #25
CTri17
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat
Nice log.
Which distance tri are you training for? Have you done tri's before? I found upon training for the Olympic distance I had to drop the weight lifting, my cortisol levels sored to high. Kind of sucked, I can't wait to start lifting again. When is your tri and where?
I'm doing a 1/4 Ironman on Oct 28th, I have done a couple tri's before I had surgery, this will be my first one post surgery. I dont think I could drop the weightlifting I think i'd go crazy, plus my boss prolly wouldnt think ti was such a good idea since i'm a strength coach haha.
My tri is the Soma 1/4 ironman in tempe az
Congrats on your race by the way!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #26
KitKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTri17
I'm doing a 1/4 Ironman on Oct 28th, I have done a couple tri's before I had surgery, this will be my first one post surgery. I dont think I could drop the weightlifting I think i'd go crazy, plus my boss prolly wouldnt think ti was such a good idea since i'm a strength coach haha.
My tri is the Soma 1/4 ironman in tempe az
Congrats on your race by the way!
Thanks.
I'm not sure I have ever heard of anyone refer to an Olympic distance triathlon as a 1/4 ironman. Always a first for everything.
When I stopped lifting I did go crazy, wait...I'm always crazy as are you, anyone that does a tri is crazy.
They have a full ironman in AZ, ever thought about going the distance?
I have a training schedule to bring me to Ironman Canada 09. I've lost any sanity I might have had.
BTW, you're abs are fantastic!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
CTri17
Vet

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm not sure I have ever heard of anyone refer to an Olympic distance triathlon as a 1/4 ironman. Always a first for everything.
When I stopped lifting I did go crazy, wait...I'm always crazy as are you, anyone that does a tri is crazy.
They have a full ironman in AZ, ever thought about going the distance?
I have a training schedule to bring me to Ironman Canada 09. I've lost any sanity I might have had.
BTW, you're abs are fantastic!
Lol well it's not exactly an olympic distance because the swim is only .6 and the bike 28.5 but that is the only distance, otherwise it is darn close to an olympic distance.
And yup, i'm crazy too, but definately not doing an ironman, that would put me over the edge lol. After this tri season i'll be setting my sights on figure and i'll prolly do some sprint tri's for fun during the off season.
But if you do the Ironman in Tempe let me know and i'll come cheer you on and feed you or something, you'll need it with all those miles you'll log!
and thanks for the compliment!

When are you racing again?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #28
KitKat

I won't be in race mode until next spring.
I've signed up to do a century ride in two weeks and then I'll do some 1/2 marathons over the winter but all of these events will be for fun and I'll do some fund raising for them. I've been racing for the last 5 months. I need to give myself a mental break

Thanks for the support
Old 09-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #29
CTri17
Vet

Quote:
I won't be in race mode until next spring.
I've signed up to do a century ride in two weeks and then I'll do some 1/2 marathons over the winter but all of these events will be for fun and I'll do some fund raising for them. I've been racing for the last 5 months. I need to give myself a mental break

Thanks for the support
yea a 100 mile bike ride and "some" (how many is that?) 1/2 marathons for "fun" I have so much respect for distance athletes because I just cant do it!
I'm a sprinter at heart (ex polevaulter) and me and long distances just dont mix!

well you could always do the pf chang half marathon in january if you want to come to a nice weather race! My girl ran the full last year in 3:01! craziness!
GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #30
CTri17
Vet

Thursday 9/27/07

Spin
60 min
tons of climbing, prolly about 35 min worth
the rest was flats/jumps/intervals

***usually thursday would be my off day to sleep in but I'm traveling this weekend with football to stanford and the game is at 7 pm so we wont get back till after 1 am on sat night/sun morning so i'm thinking sunday as a training day will not be so productive, so most likely that will end up being my off day

Have a great day!