Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Peak-Muscle > Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
therealj
VET

therealj is on a distinguished road
Greetings from an old timer

Nice to find this board, Mr BMJ mentioned this was a good place to check out so here I am.

Been pretty absent from the boards the last 10+ years, from 2000-2008 was very active on my Elite, my own board for a brief year ( in 2001 they starting shutting down free boards that talked about "drugs") and an Admin on Afboard.

I will say these 10 years away, and 13 years since doing AS there's been plenty to learn and I'm quite happy to see there seems to be a lot more thought and caution in the cycles I see listed, in the early 2000's as access to gear was finally so readily available to everyone it almost became a contest of sorts to see who could post the biggest cycle online....

Anyway enough rambling, cheers.

trj
therealj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:25 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Welcome to peak old timer!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Welcome to the old timer board...... er ... I mean Peak.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to the board.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
therealj is one of the best guys you can run into, a damn good friend I've known since the early 2000's. Man, how time flies by and so many people from the past gone or MIA....so it's always pretty cool when one of the gems from the past drop back in.

Yea J, I usually just kick it with low test throughout the year doing small sub-q slin pin injects. I may add in some nandrolone here and there. I have not really tried to lean-up with a true cut in so long (at least longer than a month or so, lol), but when I do, it's the only time I ramp it up some. At 43 years old now and 2 kiddos, those larger cycles are in the past. I feel much better, no worrying about injects, rarely no shitty feeling from orals, and I am not out of breath tying my shoes

I still hold my weight easily between 270-280 with no problems at all, it's weird. If I wanted to reach 300# and over, it would be a cinch. I'd have to watch my BP probably, and sleep apnea increases easier now though. I don't see that happening though, gonna try to go downward and more quality look from here on out....ugh, hopefully, lol.

Remember the old E2 and 2thick debates on dosages?

Heck, back then E2's cycles were considered massive, but there are guys using WAYYYY more, like grams on top of grams of test and other stuff. But for the most part, I think as we age, we calm down and realize there is more to life than spending all your money on AAS and bodybuilding food, or skipping out on a fun night with friends or family.

Hey, you still crave cheese?
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
therealj
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
therealj is one of the best guys you can run into, a damn good friend I've known since the early 2000's. Man, how time flies by and so many people from the past gone or MIA....so it's always pretty cool when one of the gems from the past drop back in.

Yea J, I usually just kick it with low test throughout the year doing small sub-q slin pin injects. I may add in some nandrolone here and there. I have not really tried to lean-up with a true cut in so long (at least longer than a month or so, lol), but when I do, it's the only time I ramp it up some. At 43 years old now and 2 kiddos, those larger cycles are in the past. I feel much better, no worrying about injects, rarely no shitty feeling from orals, and I am not out of breath tying my shoes

I still hold my weight easily between 270-280 with no problems at all, it's weird. If I wanted to reach 300# and over, it would be a cinch. I'd have to watch my BP probably, and sleep apnea increases easier now though. I don't see that happening though, gonna try to go downward and more quality look from here on out....ugh, hopefully, lol.

Remember the old E2 and 2thick debates on dosages?

Heck, back then E2's cycles were considered massive, but there are guys using WAYYYY more, like grams on top of grams of test and other stuff. But for the most part, I think as we age, we calm down and realize there is more to life than spending all your money on AAS and bodybuilding food, or skipping out on a fun night with friends or family.

Hey, you still crave cheese?
I'm mostly happy to read that you are older than me, granted it's only by 1 year but I do have a youthful advantage on you.

Thanks for the welcome old friend, like you said it's great to see some old friends and you and I go waaaay back, 19 years?

I miss 2thick, we used to have some good ICQ chats back in the day lol....him and E2, a couple of good fellow Canadians
Old 09-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #7
brazey
VET

brazey is on a distinguished road
welcome....
brazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
Demigod

Demigod is on a distinguished road
Holy crap....there's a blast from the past. I remember you bro. Great to see you still alive and kicking. Welcome to Peak Muscle.
Demigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:53 AM   #9
therealj
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
Holy crap....there's a blast from the past. I remember you bro. Great to see you still alive and kicking. Welcome to Peak Muscle.

Hey pal! likewise hope you're doing well!. Thanks for the welcome gents.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #10
wallyd
VET

wallyd is on a distinguished road
Welcome back! It sounds like you have been around for awhile & maybe able to share some knowledge.
wallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #11
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post

I still hold my weight easily between 270-280 with no problems at all, it's weird. If I wanted to reach 300# and over, it would be a cinch.
You piss me off. I just want to be 200 lean pounds and your walk around weight is 270? When I hit 220 many years ago I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without my heart pounding.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #12
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Hey bro good to see ya here
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Welcome

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #14
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealj View Post
I'm mostly happy to read that you are older than me, granted it's only by 1 year but I do have a youthful advantage on you.

Thanks for the welcome old friend, like you said it's great to see some old friends and you and I go waaaay back, 19 years?

I miss 2thick, we used to have some good ICQ chats back in the day lol....him and E2, a couple of good fellow Canadians
Yea man, the aging process is no joke. I have a lot of respect for everybody older than I am. I think with aging, it's a slow accumulative effect that sneaks up on you. Five years ago to now, I don't feel much different, just a little. However, going back to 10 years ago, when I was 33, I can feel a difference. Then 15 years ago for sure. I think also, I feel it more in a negative manner probably because i'm much heavier than I was during those periods. I also have to judge my recovery periods a lot more carefully. If I don't get enough sleep or calories, I just don't recover as well....but then the catch on that is, if I do eat enough calories, I have to be careful because it goes to the mid-section a lot easier

That said, I still have a pretty good metabolism to gain or lose weight (muscle or fat) pretty easy compared to some guys I know, but DEFINATELY not as easy as 10-20 years ago.

All that, and injuries add up, they hurt more and nag more....it may be the biggest factor to aging. My goals are to stay m ore consistent in training to keep my body used to the grind. This going for a few months and then missing a few months doesn't work

...I was talking to The Ranger up until a few years back. He would log in to AF a few times a year until it got super slow the last 2-3 years. He had just got done writing another book at that time. The guy is a stud, and I hope he is doing well...he does a lot for military vets.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #15
MR. BMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
You piss me off. I just want to be 200 lean pounds and your walk around weight is 270? When I hit 220 many years ago I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without my heart pounding.
lol, i'll take it as a compliment

That said, it has it's positives, but also negatives. I can hold this weight only eating 1-3 meals per day and not staying consistent. I still have a slender build (i'm 6 ft even), but my gut is not in the best shape. I've also lost my legs, my sweep sucks big time now, so I have to be careful to not be too top heavy. I need to slim down, I have a hard time keeping up with the kiddos. I have not cut down seriously for years, but need to....mainly to get my weight down, but also because I like the whole process once my mind and body adjust to it. I also want to see how I look aesthetically. I have broad, wide shoulders, but with injuries to those areas, and neck, I wonder if they still pop like they used to. I can tell my arms have went down a lot too. That could be due to my not training them as much (same with traps) because I concentrated more on other weaknesses...then got to the point I dreaded training bi's. Due to the shoulder problems, I just can't press as much and as heavy, so I can tell they've lost size in that area and my tri's too. I guess most of all, I need to see if I can get my small waste size back, and see if I did or didn't ruin the skin tightness in the area.

I used to be the biggest, dedicated gymrat when I was younger. I was the guy when I was in my teens and early 20's who would be late or a no show to a date until I got my workout done. I had all my meals planned for years. Once I got deeper into college, I had to drop all that...well, at least so hellbent as I was prior. I still was obsessive though, and it did effect my grades in college some. School was so easy for me, I could get by not studying, or half-assing it, which I regretted later on. I was the guy people thought was coming to class just to look at the girls, but when I was getting the highest grades in the class, they would all try to copy off my ass. Some semesters I took more serious, and others I didn't. Anyway...getting off topic.

In my early 30's, I finally got around to DC Training, and I just GREW! I took off, and I put size on very easy and fast. It was nuts, my body just responded well to it (the 2-way split -- m/w/f split). I think when I got to DC training, I was topping out at a weight between 245-260# at the peak of a bulk. I got up to 300# with DC. After holding my weight at 280-290#, my body just got used to that size and weight, and now i'm able to hold it real easy.....albeit, i'm not NEAR what I used to be years ago now. I just have lost a lot of my passion for training because so much other life stuff comes up. I'll be back though, and i'll be fine. My focus will probably be mainly on getting much leaner, and holder to what size I have at that point. As a nutritionist, I have to talk a lot, so it doesn't go well being out of shape, and gasping for air because i'm trying to 'get bigger,' lol.

That all said, I don't feel all that big anymore, however, if I am in the gym for a few weeks, then I am still more than 80-90% of the guys busting their asses right now. That said x 2, i'm no genetic freak either, I'm definitely not that top 10%. There's guys who would spit me out easily.

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 09-06-2019 at 12:39 PM..