Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Newton
    VET
    • Nov 2018

Same thing happened here in Nashville. Mayor doing something different, keeping things closed while proposing a 32% increase in property taxes, so he can not have to furlough any government employees while way more people are unemployed due to the closures. A reopening started this week, but it's phased and can go backwards if the mayor is feeling like a pussy... which seems to be all the time.
    Last edited by Beef Newton; 05-16-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Jhntruevine
      VET
      • Mar 2020

If they can open stores here at 50%, hair salons & churches they should allow a limited number of people in the gym.
      https://supremelabsusa.com/

Comment

• AlphaMale
        VET
        • Mar 2018

My gym opened about two weeks ago and I still haven’t gone back. Been using thisntime to recover from a few long term injuries.
        Giving my joints and tendons a little break for awhile.
        I shall return, fresh and ready to go.
        Veteran

Comment

• Jhntruevine
          VET
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by AlphaMale
          My gym opened about two weeks ago and I still haven’t gone back. Been using thisntime to recover from a few long term injuries.
          Giving my joints and tendons a little break for awhile.
          I shall return, fresh and ready to go.
          I'll rest when I'm dead, right now I'm ready for the gym again...lol!

Comment

• AlphaMale
            VET
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Jhntruevine
            I'll rest when I'm dead, right now I'm ready for the gym again...lol!
            You have my full support brother...lol.

I’m just waiting to go to physical therapy for degenerative disc disease in my lower spine. Was supposed to start PT a couple months ago but apparently my back is not essential to fighting corona virus so my appointments got postponed until mid June and I don’t wanna go back into the gym and mess my back up even more.
            So, this little break has been good for my 50ish body and the plan is to go back to the gym asap.
            I’m just wondering what kind of training I can still do that doesn’t require much strain on my lower back. Not much...ugh.
            I’ll be doing water aerobics with the senior citizens soon enough.
            Veteran

Comment

• Jhntruevine
              VET
              • Mar 2020

Originally posted by AlphaMale
              You have my full support brother...lol.

I’m just waiting to go to physical therapy for degenerative disc disease in my lower spine. Was supposed to start PT a couple months ago but apparently my back is not essential to fighting corona virus so my appointments got postponed until mid June and I don’t wanna go back into the gym and mess my back up even more.
              So, this little break has been good for my 50ish body and the plan is to go back to the gym asap.
              I’m just wondering what kind of training I can still do that doesn’t require much strain on my lower back. Not much...ugh.
              I’ll be doing water aerobics with the senior citizens soon enough.
              I understand the rest my man, but I've done my share of laying in a bed not sure if I would be able to ever workout again. I'm a liver transplant survivor & had to learn to walk again after months in bed due to infection. That was 20016 & in 2017 I contracted sepsis from my roommate at the medical rehab without knowing it it hit me & I was in a 7 day medically induced coma & back in rehab again after the hospital....so time is precious to me for sure.

So I'm ready to have at it! 56yrs old here!

Comment

• Jhntruevine
                VET
                • Mar 2020

Image Hosting, Image Upload, Picture Hosting

Image Hosting, Image Upload, Picture Hosting

Comment

• Roc
                  VET
                  • Apr 2020

Yup mines been closed since March 22nd. Really sucks cause the gyms are going to be the last things to open for many of us. I wish trump would over rule everyone and just open it all back up. Imagine if he did that............

Comment

• Beef Newton
                    VET
                    • Nov 2018

People are starting to get pissed off. Judges have started overturning lockdown orders already (Oregon surprises me), and the numbers used to justify lockdowns are nebulous at best. In my opinion, they should have never happened. We aren't going to escape it, and we're all going to have to take our lumps sooner or later. It's just at that point, how many businesses and lives will have been destroyed... and for what?

Comment

• Moto Ace
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jrod
                      That’s awesome. Your gym was still open throughout this whole ordeal?

Unofficially yes! We maintained all our training clients and loyal members. We did not allow our month to month or sporadic clients in the gym. Officially we were closed, wink wink

Comment

• AlphaMale
                        VET
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Jhntruevine
                        I understand the rest my man, but I've done my share of laying in a bed not sure if I would be able to ever workout again. I'm a liver transplant survivor & had to learn to walk again after months in bed due to infection. That was 20016 & in 2017 I contracted sepsis from my roommate at the medical rehab without knowing it it hit me & I was in a 7 day medically induced coma & back in rehab again after the hospital....so time is precious to me for sure.

So I'm ready to have at it! 56yrs old here!
                        Good lookin’ pics my brother.
                        I’m not saying I don’t appreciate every moment I have to go to the gym. My problem is not knowing how to slow down enough to heal properly. I’m OCD real bad about training. To the point I’m creating new injuries beyond what I’m already dealing with.
                        What I need to do is drastically change up my style of working out. I need to focus more on cardio and calisthenics and less on mass and strength. I still have the mass and strength but my frame is wearing out from all the years of weightlifting and heavy lifting in combat boots.
                        I spent a year bedridden due to liver failure, had my left arm surgically amputated and then sewn back on, and bled to death in the ICU at the VA hospital just a year and a half ago. I’m 100% disabled and legally housebound for life.
                        My doc told me most of my back problems are because my upper body weighs so much it’s crushing my spine and causing me peripheral neuropathy to the point I can’t feeel my left hand anymore.
                        He also told me that all of my labs are perfect except that my body mass is so great it’s caused my A1-C to be just below diabetic threshold.
                        So, I do appreciate every moment at the gym but I also appreciate my overall physical well-being a bit more.
                        I’m seeing less gym time and more outdoor time focusing on endurance and longevity in my near future.
                        And I say have at it too my brother. If you can keep it up at the gym then I say keep keeping on!!!
                        Last edited by AlphaMale; 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM.
                        Veteran

Comment

• lannguyen2020
                          Banned
                          • May 2020

😒

Comment

• lannguyen2020
                            Banned
                            • May 2020

🤤

Comment

• jrod
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Moto Ace
                              Unofficially yes! We maintained all our training clients and loyal members. We did not allow our month to month or sporadic clients in the gym. Officially we were closed, wink wink
                              That’s awesome

Comment

• HDH
                                • Jun 2015

They closed the bars back down in my area. Gyms will probably not be far behind

Comment

Working...