Matt76's Training Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffness

Originally posted by Matt76
    Some kid today was like telling me how I might not be able to make it in PL b/c i'd have to be able to handle 500+lbs so it could touch in my shirt. I was like bro I got nothing but time and energy not worried about it one bit. He was like well just don't be dissappointed. It was like he was trying to act like I wasn't doing well for my age and expierence level
    the guy's full of shit. Your on a dam good pace. I'm only a few years older then you and you've already passed me up..

Comment

• Matt76
      • May 2007

Originally posted by buffness
      the guy's full of shit. Your on a dam good pace. I'm only a few years older then you and you've already passed me up..
      Thanks bro I just don't see why ppl can't be supportive instead of trying to put ya down

Comment

• buffness

Originally posted by Matt76
        Thanks bro I just don't see why ppl can't be supportive instead of trying to put ya down
        there are hatter everywhere bro..

Comment

• thecoin

Originally posted by buffness
          whoa...buffness i thought you were 43 bro.

Comment

• buffness

Originally posted by thecoin
            whoa...buffness i thought you were 43 bro.
            no way lol, G4E is probably the oldest of the bunch lol..

Comment

• Matt76
              • May 2007

Squat Day

Squat- barx10 135x3 185x3 225x3 275x1 315x1 345x1 385x5PR

Seated GM's- 135x5 185x5 205x5PR

Hammer Strength Shrugs- 180x5 270x5 360x5 450x5 490x4power shrugs

Decline Situps- 25lbsx10 3sets ez

Great workout today hit some PR's so all is well. The damn GM's killed me those things put a huge strain on your body I really reccommend them

Edit: I guess I should add that I don't wear a belt or wraps if that matters

Comment

• Matt76
                • May 2007

ME Bench Day

Comp Grip Bench- barx10 135x5 185x3 225x3 275x1 315x1 335x1 365x5PR with this grip(all sets paused)

4board Comp Grip- 405x1 455x1 500x1 535x1

HS Iso Behind Neck Press- 1platex6 2platesx6 3platesx6

Hammer Curls-
                40'x3 60'sx3 75'sx7

DB Alternating Curls- 40'sx10 2sets

Rotator

I have the 315,335 and 365 sets all taped. I didn't pause as long as i'd liked on the 365 set but it was easy. However, the last rep had a good pause to it so it's all good. I had more in me on the 4board press, but my lifting partner had to leave so I called it quits and I was happy with it. Other than that I had a great day and i'll try to get the vids up soon.

Comment

• Matt76
                  • May 2007

o yeah I also have a vid of me about ready to fall off the bench with 365 haha

Comment

• Matt76
                    • May 2007

This is my 315x1

335x1

Me about ready to fall off the bench with 365 biggrin.gif

waited about 15secs did it again 365x5 didn't pause all reps as long as I would like, but it still worked out pretty well.

There ya go guys. My first set of video pics

Comment

• Matt76
                      • May 2007

Not feeling very well today. I think the change in seasons is getting to me. Started having nose bleeds last night and this morning.

All i'm going to do today is

Speed Bench- 225x3 8sets

Comment

• Matt76
                        • May 2007

Squat- barx10 135x5 185x5 225x2 275x2 315x15PR ATG rock bottom squats

BB Shrugs- 135x7 225x7 315x7

Great workout today. I just couldn't stand up anymore so I quit doing shrugs my lower back and legs were toast. My squat set was insane and all reps were really deep. The first 10 were pretty smooth but the last 5 were a struggle had to wait 5-10secs for the last few reps b/c I was dead.

Comment

• Matt76
                          • May 2007

My new goal is 385x5paused. I want it within the next month. It mostly depends on how my 375set goes tomorrow. If I get it easy i'll go for 385 the week after but if not then i'll have to see. But that's my goal and I will get it

Comment

• Akira

Matt - just an opinionated suggestion.... get some good wrist wraps. THey are a must have and really do help with db/bb pressing movements.

AK-

Comment

• Matt76
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by Akira
                              Matt - just an opinionated suggestion.... get some good wrist wraps. THey are a must have and really do help with db/bb pressing movements.

AK-
                              funny u said that b/c I just got some last week. I was actually supposed to have them a month ago but the bro I bought them from didn't get them sent on time. Needless to say I was getting pretty pissed, but no worries no I got some

Comment

• Matt76
                                • May 2007

On a side note it does look like there is something stopping me from hitting my goals. Me and my lifting partner will be splitting ways after this week I believe. Today he stopped me on campus and we had to change are lifting time to 3hrs earlier than usually and that early in the morning I just don't have the nutrients and everything else I need in my body to hit the heavy weights. I believe this is the only time he will have available, so fuck him I guess he was never dedicated enough anyway. It's ashame though b/c he gave some killer lift offs, and almost everyone was right on the money. So it looks like I may be having to bench in the squat rack and that kills my form but I guess I will just have to deal with.

Comment

Working...