Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easto

How To Save On Food

Written By DoggCrapp www.intensemuscle.com

a)go to your local Hallmark store--or even get it online--its called the "entertainment book"--it will cost you about 24 bucks--in that thing will be about 250 restraurant coupons (like 6 for each restraurant) that will give you half off your meal or one meal for free if 2 are bought---that will save you a grip of money. I used that for 3/4 of my meals over a years time and I used to go out to eat with another guy all the time--he would pay then i would pay--5 times a week--I would end up paying only for my meals and not his because of those coupons---and get free food to eat the rest of the time when he paid

b) dont let a sunday newspaper go by without getting it--in every sunday newspaper youll find about 7-10 restraurant coupons (carrows, cocos, sizzler, steak houses etc etc etc) same deal--either a huge savings on a meal or one meal free if two are bought

c)ebay has people selling coupons for restraurants in your area--dont overlook coupons this can save you a truckload of money over a years time

d) soups--whenever you have trouble eating at home---get your favorite soup and add meat or chicken to it and go to town

e)soy grits--do a search on the net--you can add these to your oatmeal or cereal and it will put another 21 grams of protein per serving on your plate

f)your job when your driving in traffic or whatever is to think up concoctions or casseroles with some kind of meat in them that you think you would love to eat---trust me if you think hard enough youll come up with something and like many guys youll find something you cant wait to eat and it will become a staple in your diet--i like either minestrone soup with washed off ground beef in it or something similiar for my pro carb meals early in the day

g) again scour the newspapers for whats on sale--i get all the papers together i see who has the best meat prices and they get my business that shopping trip--become a frugal grocery store shopper--go by unit price

h) i go to a grocery store and my staples are bananas, hamburger in those 5lb chubs--which i come home and cut up into 5 one lb pieces and put in the freezer to add to soups etc or to cook up later--- steaks if i see a good price, chicken, pork or any kind of meats if i see a good price (i say that because if i dont i dont buy but when i do see a good price i buy alot) --olive oil in which i will search for the best unit price--crystal light--the cheapest roast beef i can find either deli or prepackaged--eggs--protein buns--condiments if i need them--some kind of canned meat usually chicken for my protein bun sandwhiches--lactaid milk--nestle quik--(i put a tiny tiny amount in some of my plain ion exchange whey protein and it makes it like choc milk)---minestrone soup--maybe a couple tv dinners if i see a awesome sale and its relatively healthy and other things---

I eat out almost twice a day and i can do that because of so many coupons--trust me on that--be thorough on doing that and youll see that it pays hugely to do that

at nite on my stove youll see 12-16 hardboiled eggs boiling and a big pot of green tea

i wrote this really quick and forgot some stuff but its a start for ya [/B][/QUOTE]

QuickQuote

a)go to your local Hallmark store--or even get it online--its called the "entertainment book"--it will cost you about 24 bucks--in that thing will be about 250 restraurant coupons (like 6 for each restraurant) that will give you half off your meal or one meal for free if 2 are bought---that will save you a grip of money. I used that for 3/4 of my meals over a years time and I used to go out to eat with another guy all the time--he would pay then i would pay--5 times a week--I would end up paying only for my meals and not his because of those coupons---and get free food to eat the rest of the time when he paid

b) dont let a sunday newspaper go by without getting it--in every sunday newspaper youll find about 7-10 restraurant coupons (carrows, cocos, sizzler, steak houses etc etc etc) same deal--either a huge savings on a meal or one meal free if two are bought

c)ebay has people selling coupons for restraurants in your area--dont overlook coupons this can save you a truckload of money over a years time

d) soups--whenever you have trouble eating at home---get your favorite soup and add meat or chicken to it and go to town

e)soy grits--do a search on the net--you can add these to your oatmeal or cereal and it will put another 21 grams of protein per serving on your plate

f)your job when your driving in traffic or whatever is to think up concoctions or casseroles with some kind of meat in them that you think you would love to eat---trust me if you think hard enough youll come up with something and like many guys youll find something you cant wait to eat and it will become a staple in your diet--i like either minestrone soup with washed off ground beef in it or something similiar for my pro carb meals early in the day

g) again scour the newspapers for whats on sale--i get all the papers together i see who has the best meat prices and they get my business that shopping trip--become a frugal grocery store shopper--go by unit price

h) i go to a grocery store and my staples are bananas, hamburger in those 5lb chubs--which i come home and cut up into 5 one lb pieces and put in the freezer to add to soups etc or to cook up later--- steaks if i see a good price, chicken, pork or any kind of meats if i see a good price (i say that because if i dont i dont buy but when i do see a good price i buy alot) --olive oil in which i will search for the best unit price--crystal light--the cheapest roast beef i can find either deli or prepackaged--eggs--protein buns--condiments if i need them--some kind of canned meat usually chicken for my protein bun sandwhiches--lactaid milk--nestle quik--(i put a tiny tiny amount in some of my plain ion exchange whey protein and it makes it like choc milk)---minestrone soup--maybe a couple tv dinners if i see a awesome sale and its relatively healthy and other things---

I eat out almost twice a day and i can do that because of so many coupons--trust me on that--be thorough on doing that and youll see that it pays hugely to do that

at nite on my stove youll see 12-16 hardboiled eggs boiling and a big pot of green tea

i wrote this really quick and forgot some stuff but its a start for ya
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2004, 10:59 AM.
  • Easto

homonunculus:

YOu can actually buy meat directly from teh distributor - ya just gotta call and find out. I had a deal going at one time with the local poultry distributor. I'd call on Fridays and 9 times out of 10, he'd have enough extra chicken breast to see me. $2.00 / lb for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. ;^)

Comment

• Easto

thebeef:

I have a Sams club in my area and man you can get some good deals. 6lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts $14.98 year round. 12lbs ground beef $13.00 year round. 2 whole chickens $5.00. 4.5 lbs of ny strip $22-$25. 2 3lb pork tenderloins $8. 10lb bags of potatoes I think $4.99. Can't remember on that one. 5lb tuna cans $7.00. 98%fat free cream of whatever, 12 cans, $8.00. I can't remember about the flank steak, but its unbeatable to anyone elses prices in the area.

I buy one of those coupon books DC mentioned at least once a year. The last time I purchased 2 for $20.00 that a Christian School was selling. Tons of deals. Never pass one of those up if a kid comes up to you asking you to buy one.

If you don't have a Sams or other wharehouse in your area become great friends with the local butcher. Not the asshole that works in Kroger, but the one who has opened his on butcher shop.

You would be super suprised at what local restaraunts would sell you if you got to know the manager. Lets say they purchased $4,000's worth or red meat while the market was low and there restaraunt didn't meet the designated turn out, so they need to get rid of it quick. Become close with the manager. I am serious now.

Then of course none of us would ever want to leave out Ihop, Denny's, or Waffle House. Who can beat some of there prices when it comes to some specials?

Maybe on a Saturday or Sunday if your not doing anything, hell take a drive down in the country and knock on a farmers door. Never know what he may sell you a pig or whole cow for. I know it sounds funny but its true. Just invest in a big freezer. If you hop on his riding lawn mower and cut an acre or two for him, he just might process the damn thing for you.

Take up hunting. I am not going to get into how much money a freshly shot deer or elk could save you. Vension stew is out of this world after its simmered on the stove 3 hours. I have a fellow up in the country I go hunting with and its deer heaven. He has his own saw and everything to process that baby up with. If you dont know anyone like that, there will be somebody in your town that will process that bad boy for you. You can even get them to make jerky for you. Jerky is a great carry around protein snack.

Well there you go, just some added ideas.

Comment

• Easto

FrigginHuge:

If you go to Sam's around 8PM just before they close you can pick up some great deals on meat....They mark dwon the meat that's about to expire....it's still good..just throw it in the freezer until you're ready to eat it.....Just go in there and look for someone in the meat department and ask them...something like this...

"What's up with the markdowns on the meat bitch?...."
        or something along those lines....use your own wording here if you wish....and when they try to mark it down only a buck or two just tell them..."look...I'll take all this rancid meat of your hands but you've gotta hook a brother up...now quit fucking around and go get your magic marker"

Hope my advise is helpfull to you guys.....

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Wow, great tips in there! I'll have to get that entertainment book!

Comment

• Easto

Feel free to add your own tips everyone!!!! When you like to eat, it's nice to save some cash

Comment

• masswithclass

I do the Sam's club thing also, supermarkets usually eat you alive on chicken breast prices.

Comment

• CO-B16
                Vet
                • May 2004

my wife is a coupon clipper like you would not believe... we have an entertainment book, and she gets the same type of coupons from our bank... and anytime someone is selling coupon books door to door for charity, she buys one....
                THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• Supertech

Hey Easto I liked the idea about adding chicken to your favorite soup. Chicken has been tasting so bland to me lately and thats a good way to spice it up.

Comment

• Mudge
                    • Sep 2003

Restraunts dont save anyone money, BUY AT BULK FOOD OUTLETS.

Comment

• Mudge
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Easto
                      Written By DoggCrapp www.intensemuscle.com

Without getting started on evidence showing Soy being harmfull to your health due to processing, bioavailability of soy protein is horrible and is hardly a complete protein. Soy grits, feed it to the dogs or mix it in with your fertilizer.

Comment

• kennymc

Originally posted by masswithclass
                        I do the Sam's club thing also, supermarkets usually eat you alive on chicken breast prices.
                        Costco always has good prices on chicken breast the kind that are individually frozen like $2 a pound

Comment

Working...