Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baby1
    • Jun 2009

" AAS usage and injuries"

Do you feel that the use of AS has contributed to your injuries? I am curious to know if people have sustained more injuries from the usage of anabolic steroids. I know that there are some steroids that actually help injuries, but I wonder how many people would have less injuries if they did not use.
  • BikerTrash
    Vet
    • Aug 2011

I see this question arise quite often amoungst our community as it is a very interesting one at that .
    In my personal experiance , I would say no that the aas hasnt caused any of my injuries,I feel that it could be a number of different things that cause injury , for example lack of proper form ,Ego ,or just down right lack of knowledge and immaturity maybe .
    Late in 2008 I blew my Knee completly out doing squats and had surgery to fix it and I feel that incident was soley my fault being maybe I didnt have my feet postioned quite right or turned one way or another but wouldnt blame anything else.
    Dec 2010 while going for a PR on Flat Bench with no spotter I blew out my shoulder and tore the bicep muscle and bones went on bones,I was running test and Deca and maybe some Dbol ,went in for emergency surgery and I feel the Deca helped my recovery from that .
    To Sum this up in my opinion the AAS didnt have anything to do with my injuries ,I feel my youth"mid 30's" and possibly arrogant attitude and cawky style in the gym may have been relevant to my injuries ,going to heavy , or poor form but I wouldnt blame the use of anabolics.
    But who knows. All I know is I like using and it is a tool that helps me feel good and obtain my goals .

Comment

• bufbiker

I've been blessed not to have sustained any major injuries over the years.
      But before I ever touched my first injection I had been power lifting for a number of years. So I had a solid foundation for when I actually did begin steroid use.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by baby1
        Do you feel that the use of AS has contributed to your injuries? I am curious to know if people have sustained more injuries from the usage of anabolic steroids. I know that there are some steroids that actually help injuries, but I wonder how many people would have less injuries if they did not use.
        Most aas users that I know have fewer major injuries than non users, although we push ourselves harder we are usually more educated in regard to weight training.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

I had a knee injury 2 years before I ever touched a steroid. The thing would not heal even after 2 years. I did a deca and dianadol cycle with an Anavar chaser and the thing healed right up. There have been times though where I felt AAS contributed to injuries. I think mostly this was due to prolonged periods of high intensity training. My lower back is strained right now and I know its from heavy squats, leg presses and hack squats done with some real intensity over the last 4 months. If I was off maybe I would have backed off the intensity earlier and my lower back would be solid. Stuff like that happens. It's tough though to pin it all ASS. It could be a number of things.

Comment

• bufbiker

I will admit to some lower back pain right now. But to be honest it would probably be hurting whether I was on steroids right now or not. In fact it would probably be hurting a lot worse than it does. Especially at my age!

Comment

• baby1
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by bufbiker
              I will admit to some lower back pain right now. But to be honest it would probably be hurting whether I was on steroids right now or not. In fact it would probably be hurting a lot worse than it does. Especially at my age!
              Right there with ya on that!

Comment

• ~R~F~G~
                Vet
                • Nov 2011

My ego hurt me more than anything I'd say. And not to show off to anyone but my own self worth. I don't do this for anyone but me. But I can't seem to impress me. Hence 2 torn biceps, bad knees, bad shoulders etc...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I can't attribute being ON to any of my joint pains/injuries over the years, however I CAN attribute being ON to tearing my left pec about 7 years back. I was running test & tren. I had warmed up perfectly, and was doing inclines and boom...heard it & felt it rip on rep 8 of a 10 rep set. I went into the john, looked in the mirror and waited, as I was sure it would be turning black and blue any minute. It never did. However, it tore bigtime and has been deformed with a nice big gap near the pec/delt tie in ever since. I was surprised it never bled. I had asked myself what the hell I did wrong for that to happen. I questioned my warm-up, my stress levels, my nutrition and sleep, everything - I couldn't pin it down on anything other than the fact that my strength levels was really soaring from tren (but it wasn't the 1st time I had run it, sooo). Good thing is the only time its noticeable is when I hit a most muscular shot...can't see it on other poses.

I honestly would have to say I think if you are one to go heavy and intense damn near always (like me ), if you are ON, you certainly are more prone to muscle tears if nothing else. I mean come on, lets face it, if said muscle is used to doing 315 x 5 OFF, then you bring test & tren into the equation and are suddenly doing, lets say, 365 x 5, thats one helluva fast increase and "not normal" per se. Eventually, in many cases, somethin's gotta give.lol Btw, everyone that I have known to blow a pec was indeed ON. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Shovel
                    VET
                    • Jul 2011

I can contribute a naval hernia to AAS, because I wouldn't have dead lifting that amount of weight if I wasn't "on".
                    It's not serious though and there have been no other injuries, but a few strains here and there.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

• Trapology
                      • Jan 2007

The only thing ive ever heard, is that your muscle grows much faster then your ligaments

So while youre getting stronger they take a little longer to catch up which can put more strain on them which could cause some injuries

Outside of that im pretty sure gear helps with the recovery of injury
                      Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• A.B
                        VET
                        • Jun 2004

Some injuries I can't say were a result of being on, but rather then off. when I was younger I wouldn't adjust my lifts after a cycle and that would result in me going too heavy

Comment

• Thunder
                          Vet
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ~R~F~G~
                          My ego hurt me more than anything I'd say. And not to show off to anyone but my own self worth. I don't do this for anyone but me. But I can't seem to impress me. Hence 2 torn biceps, bad knees, bad shoulders etc...

I could say the same. EGO hurt me in the begining. A knee from pushing on the leg press & a rotator cup from too heavy incline db. Now I use them & peptides for healing

Comment

• FB31T

I have no injuries to contribute to aas use since i have not run a cycle yet, but this thread has been a good read so far..some pretty serious injuries in here, and after reading this it's definitely going to make me cautious about not going too heavy too soon and whatnot once i start up. Good to see you have all recovered from the injuries though

Comment

• Rajincajun
                              Vet
                              • May 2007

I've had some pinched nerve issues while on but it's from just killing it hard. I did once tear a ligament in my chest before I started using and when I did start using I have never had an issue with it and i would always tweak it but now nothing.

~R~
                              48? It's only the beginning.
                              In life I fail and fail again, that's why I succeed..

Comment

Working...