Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDH
    • Jun 2015

Diets

After so many years of doing this stuff we get in our own grooves and we figure out what works for us. What works for us may not be what works for others. How we eat, train, rest, what we do for a living, stress levels, age, activity outside of work, etc... determines how we go about staying on this path.

I've got a diet I'm running for the second time. I did well with it last time and wanted to try it again. I've been running slightly above maintenance cals for 4(?) months while it's been fucked up at work. I waited until it slowed to drop carbs. I have to stay level headed at work or it affects my income. The job can be stressful as well. I have gotten tired of the long diets weather it be too much food or too little, lol.

I tried running short cut and bulks, 4 weeks stuffing the ol gully then 4 weeks keto. I really liked the results along with the ease of not having to deal with the longer dieting cycles from traditional cut and bulks. No need to cheat during the cuts.

I could see the changes faster this way as well and didn't have to worry about different clothes sizes, I even stayed in the same pant size. Of course they went from loose to tight.

I ran the same cycle, cut the workload back slightly during the cuts and ran with it. I'm cutting down right now till I get to where I want then I'll either start running 4 weeks bulk then 4 weeks cut, rinse and repeat or I was thinking about 5 weeks at a time instead of 4.

Anyways, this is something I'm finding is working well for me.

The thread is open to any diet shit
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

I'm always trying to maingain haha. I haven't bulked in years and don't plan to. I feel too uncomfortable bulking getting too heavy. I try to stay around 250 which trt keeps me at. I use abs as a barometer - if they fade, cut it back some. I always wanna see some abs period haha. When I go on cycle, I still try to stay around 250-255, but get more lean and dense to boot. Last cycle of test and var I got up to 263 - didn't feel good that high.

As for diet, this is the usual jist of my day and keeps me around 250:

1 - breakfast - 5 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal with strawberries and honey on top

2 - post w.o shake - 50g whey/28g carbs from Powerade

3 - 6-8oz lean ground turkey or beef/half cup rice or sweet potato/broccoli, squash or zuccini

4 - 6-8oz lean ground turkey or beef/broccoli, squash or zuccini/half cup cottage cheese

5 - 6oz lean ground turkey or beef/half cup cottage cheese/about 20 barbecue potato chips

6 - 50g whey with water

I've never tallied the cals - I'd guess around 3000ish or so.

Often instead of ground turkey/beef, I will get a rotisserie chicken or 2 in Krogers.

Also I cheat too much. This happens with a 9 y.o kid haha. About 2 meals a week is McDonalds, Arbys or Chipolte then on my wifes day off work we will go out to eat some Mexican, Italian, pizza or steakhouse.
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Kluso
      Vet
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
      I'm always trying to maingain haha. I haven't bulked in years and don't plan to. I feel too uncomfortable bulking getting too heavy. I try to stay around 250 which trt keeps me at. I use abs as a barometer - if they fade, cut it back some. I always wanna see some abs period haha. When I go on cycle, I still try to stay around 250-255, but get more lean and dense to boot. Last cycle of test and var I got up to 263 - didn't feel good that high.

As for diet, this is the usual jist of my day and keeps me around 250:

1 - breakfast - 5 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal with strawberries and honey on top

2 - post w.o shake - 50g whey/28g carbs from Powerade

3 - 6-8oz lean ground turkey or beef/half cup rice or sweet potato/broccoli, squash or zuccini

4 - 6-8oz lean ground turkey or beef/broccoli, squash or zuccini/half cup cottage cheese

5 - 6oz lean ground turkey or beef/half cup cottage cheese/about 20 barbecue potato chips

6 - 50g whey with water

I've never tallied the cals - I'd guess around 3000ish or so.

Often instead of ground turkey/beef, I will get a rotisserie chicken or 2 in Krogers.

Also I cheat too much. This happens with a 9 y.o kid haha. About 2 meals a week is McDonalds, Arbys or Chipolte then on my wifes day off work we will go out to eat some Mexican, Italian, pizza or steakhouse.
      I would bet that’s more like 4000-4500 calories. Lol

Comment

• Kluso
        Vet
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by HDH
        After so many years of doing this stuff we get in our own grooves and we figure out what works for us. What works for us may not be what works for others. How we eat, train, rest, what we do for a living, stress levels, age, activity outside of work, etc... determines how we go about staying on this path.

I've got a diet I'm running for the second time. I did well with it last time and wanted to try it again. I've been running slightly above maintenance cals for 4(?) months while it's been fucked up at work. I waited until it slowed to drop carbs. I have to stay level headed at work or it affects my income. The job can be stressful as well. I have gotten tired of the long diets weather it be too much food or too little, lol.

I tried running short cut and bulks, 4 weeks stuffing the ol gully then 4 weeks keto. I really liked the results along with the ease of not having to deal with the longer dieting cycles from traditional cut and bulks. No need to cheat during the cuts.

I could see the changes faster this way as well and didn't have to worry about different clothes sizes, I even stayed in the same pant size. Of course they went from loose to tight.

I ran the same cycle, cut the workload back slightly during the cuts and ran with it. I'm cutting down right now till I get to where I want then I'll either start running 4 weeks bulk then 4 weeks cut, rinse and repeat or I was thinking about 5 weeks at a time instead of 4.

Anyways, this is something I'm finding is working well for me.

The thread is open to any diet shit
        Are u basically maintaining weight this way? Or are u slowly dropping bodyfat over the course of a year? It’s kinda similar in a way to what I was wanting to do with short cycles of AAS to maintain a more consistent weight.

I don’t stuff my face anymore. Basically eat the same on or off cycle and do what Dawg does and go off my abs. If I do put on too much bodyfat I will go low carb, add fasted cardio and run dnp for 1-2 weeks and I’ll be good. If I get bloated guy but still six pack I will start doing one 24hour fast a week until it’s better.

Comment

• HDH
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Kluso
          Are u basically maintaining weight this way? Or are u slowly dropping bodyfat over the course of a year? It’s kinda similar in a way to what I was wanting to do with short cycles of AAS to maintain a more consistent weight.

I don’t stuff my face anymore. Basically eat the same on or off cycle and do what Dawg does and go off my abs. If I do put on too much bodyfat I will go low carb, add fasted cardio and run dnp for 1-2 weeks and I’ll be good. If I get bloated guy but still six pack I will start doing one 24hour fast a week until it’s better.
          Damn, I didn't realize I haven't been here in almost a week

I'm actually bulking and cutting, just in shorter cycles. When I go longer cycles I put too much unwanted weight on. This pretty much keeps me in the same size clothes. Abs are a good judging point for me, I don't normally lose them before I start to cut. I did this time since work was so crazy, I ate slightly above maintenance cals instead of cutting.

Honestly, it's just easier without long periods of too much or too little food. After a couple cycles, I'll give myself a couple days of maintenance cals in between each month.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

Originally posted by Kluso
            I would bet that’s more like 4000-4500 calories. Lol
            Dude you got me thinking haha. I never counted cals in many years - last time was when I competed in the Jurassic era. Damn I'm good - total is 2709 cals. Pretty good guestimate eh?

Explains why I'm not growing like I want...I need to tweak this shiznit asap.

meal 1:
            5 whole eggs = 400 cals
            1/2 cup oatmeal = 150
            1 tbsp honey = 64
            3 large strawberries = 18
            --------------------------
            632 cals

meal 2:
            2 scoops ON whey = 240 cals
            1/2 quart Gatorade = 100
            ------------------
            340 cals

meal 3:
            93% lean ground turkey/beef 8 oz = 340 cals
            1 sweet potatoe = 112
            1 cup broccoli, squash or zuccini = 18 - 30 cals
            -----------------
            482 cals

meal 4:
            1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese = 110
            -----------------
            480 cals

meal 5:
            93% lean ground turkey/beef 6 oz = 255 cals
            20 chips = 180
            -----------------
            535 cals

meal 6:
            ----------------

TOTAL CALS = 2709
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

Hell, I haven't been eating that clean dieting down. I've been dropping weight but I can tell the difference in how I feel throughout the day. I feel better when I eat better.

Dude you got me thinking haha. I never counted cals in many years - last time was when I competed in the Jurassic era. Damn I'm good - total is 2709 cals. Pretty good guestimate eh?

meal 1:
              5 whole eggs = 400 cals
              1/2 cup oatmeal = 150
              1 tbsp honey = 64
              632 cals

meal 2:
              1/2 quart Gatorade = 100
              ------------------
              340 cals

meal 3:
              1 sweet potatoe = 112
              -----------------
              482 cals

meal 4:
              -----------------
              480 cals

meal 5:
              20 chips = 180
              -----------------
              535 cals

meal 6:
              ----------------

TOTAL CALS = 2709

Comment

• Kluso
                Vet
                • Dec 2016

meal 1:
                5 whole eggs = 400 cals
                1/2 cup oatmeal = 150
                1 tbsp honey = 64
                632 cals

meal 2:
                1/2 quart Gatorade = 100
                ------------------
                340 cals

meal 3:
                1 sweet potatoe = 112
                -----------------
                482 cals

meal 4:
                -----------------
                480 cals

meal 5:
                20 chips = 180
                -----------------
                535 cals

meal 6:
                ----------------

TOTAL CALS = 2709
                I’m honestly surprised! I thought the protein was higher calories than that for some reason? Seems like a lot more to me. It’s been awhile since I did the same. Lol. Maybe I better check my daily cals too. Might be lower than i thought. Shit! You don’t use any sauces with your protein. Maybe that’s why I assumed higher.
                Last edited by Kluso; 09-02-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Kluso
                  Vet
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by HDH
                  Damn, I didn't realize I haven't been here in almost a week

I'm actually bulking and cutting, just in shorter cycles. When I go longer cycles I put too much unwanted weight on. This pretty much keeps me in the same size clothes. Abs are a good judging point for me, I don't normally lose them before I start to cut. I did this time since work was so crazy, I ate slightly above maintenance cals instead of cutting.

Honestly, it's just easier without long periods of too much or too little food. After a couple cycles, I'll give myself a couple days of maintenance cals in between each month.
                  I like that idea! Smart!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                    • May 2019

Originally posted by HDH
                    Hell, I haven't been eating that clean dieting down. I've been dropping weight but I can tell the difference in how I feel throughout the day. I feel better when I eat better.
                    I did forget the lil butter I put on potato, and some sweet baby ray barbecue sauce I put on the turkey/beef. So there's another 100 - 200 cals. Keep in mind I only eat like this about 4 days a week. The other 3 days would prolly have an extra 700 - 1500 from junk/eating out.

Post up your daily eating routine sometime big guy.

Comment

Working...