Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juggaknott2011
    • Dec 2017

Iron brothers & sisters

What gym do you guys know of that have the old school brother/sisterhood Where its a family pushing everyone to get better ? Any gyms like this still exist ?

We had a powerhouse here but it closed and now I am surrounded by Planet fitness

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011
  • Paramuscle
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by juggaknott2011
    What gym do you guys know of that have the old school brother/sisterhood Where its a family pushing everyone to get better ? Any gyms like this still exist ?

We had a powerhouse here but it closed and now I am surrounded by Planet fitness

I haven't been around an old school gym in a few years. I actually prefer an old dungeon and I despise the fancy new club style gyms. If you have to take a shower and do makeup and shit to go to the gym, it aint the gym for me.

There was an old school shithouse gym in Pecos and I was there doing a pipeline gig a few years back and it was awesome to me and I found it so humorous to listen to the spin bike bitches whine about it but the real iron monsters loved it. I don't train with people and I am scary enough that people avoid talking to me so it isn't like I have the option for people pushing me as they tend to just stare and hope I don't catch them looking.

A very long time ago I was in Iraq and I was at this little COP out in the middle of nowhere and we have a gym that we a couple of GO mediums put together and it was good until the generators went down on our LSA and it took 2 months to get them back up. Yes, we had small 50Ks to run the TOC and all but we were hot racking it and the gym was unbearable unless you went at 0300 and that is what we did..

Good memories. I should probably start a thread for story telling time.

~PM

Comment

• ozzy69
      Assistant Admin
      • Jun 2011

The gym me and my son use is old school as hell

Comment

• juggaknott2011
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Paramuscle
        I haven't been around an old school gym in a few years. I actually prefer an old dungeon and I despise the fancy new club style gyms. If you have to take a shower and do makeup and shit to go to the gym, it aint the gym for me.

There was an old school shithouse gym in Pecos and I was there doing a pipeline gig a few years back and it was awesome to me and I found it so humorous to listen to the spin bike bitches whine about it but the real iron monsters loved it. I don't train with people and I am scary enough that people avoid talking to me so it isn't like I have the option for people pushing me as they tend to just stare and hope I don't catch them looking.

A very long time ago I was in Iraq and I was at this little COP out in the middle of nowhere and we have a gym that we a couple of GO mediums put together and it was good until the generators went down on our LSA and it took 2 months to get them back up. Yes, we had small 50Ks to run the TOC and all but we were hot racking it and the gym was unbearable unless you went at 0300 and that is what we did..

Good memories. I should probably start a thread for story telling time.

~PM
        Yes brother its been hard to find a good old fashion gym . I started with my Godfather he was a old school powerlifter and he had like 5 friends we all lifted at 4 . We all pushed each other and held one another accountable some of the best times of my life . The gyms now are just like a fashion show . I know everyone has there own journey and I rather someone do something than just sit on the couch but man lol The planet fitness crowd isn't my style lol

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• juggaknott2011
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by ozzy69
          The gym me and my son use is old school as hell
          That's good to hear bro ! Nothing like a old school gym

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• wallyd
            VET
            • Aug 2015

I went to a gym a few weeks ago that had the same equipment in in I used probably 30 years ago. The Nautilus machines with the chains & sprockets. It wasn’t hardcore though, basically no energy in that place at all. Lol

Comment

• juggaknott2011
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by wallyd
              I went to a gym a few weeks ago that had the same equipment in in I used probably 30 years ago. The Nautilus machines with the chains & sprockets. It wasn’t hardcore though, basically no energy in that place at all. Lol
              Bro love some of that equipment but the energy has to be there !

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• Paramuscle
                • Mar 2018

I ran a powerlifting style routine when I was younger. Each time I got 3 reps or more, I added weight. Biggest and strongest of my life and I kept most of that strength after I transitioned back to bodybuilding and even ow people are amazed at some of my lifts. Of course I am still 300 pounds too so that might help.

~PM

Comment

• wallyd
                  VET
                  • Aug 2015

The gym I go to now is considered hard core in my area. Tons of equipment including quit a bit strongman type equipment. There’s seems to be some brotherhood there. I’m kind of new there so I’m still just observing but people are pushing each other, giving people a spot & tons of energy. Plenty of jacked boys & girls of all ages there.

Comment

• 1bigun11
                    • May 2022

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                    I ran a powerlifting style routine when I was younger. Each time I got 3 reps or more, I added weight. Biggest and strongest of my life and I kept most of that strength after I transitioned back to bodybuilding and even ow people are amazed at some of my lifts. Of course I am still 300 pounds too so that might help.

~PM
                    I got my biggest and strongest while doing a bodybuilding routine in a powerlifting gym. You need a good platform for deadlifts that people don't freak out if you accidently drop it. Bleeding shins type gym. Forces you to lift differently, even if you are a bodybuilder.

Comment

• juggaknott2011
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 1bigun11
                      I got my biggest and strongest while doing a bodybuilding routine in a powerlifting gym. You need a good platform for deadlifts that people don't freak out if you accidently drop it. Bleeding shins type gym. Forces you to lift differently, even if you are a bodybuilder.
                      I have to agree bro ! A place where you can feel the energy !

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                        • May 2019

I might be the odd man out here, but I can get a great workout damn near anywhere. Having said that, I go to an old school gym for the hardcore back & leg workouts, and I also go to a Planet Fitness ( ) on chest or shoulder day. Reason why is I have bad RC's - have for years. The hardcore gym I go to doesn't have a Smith machine, yet PF does. On a Smith, I can still do heavy seated presses and incline presses with no pain. It's all about focus - I don't give a rats azz how many fools are in there, I'm still gettin' 'er done & having a killa workout!
                        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• liftsiron
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2003

There is one old school gym in town, to old school most of the equipment is handmade and the place was run down 30 years ago, I can only imagine now. i have been going to an anytime fitness for the past six years, never closed, 8000 square ft. tons of free weights and the full line of machines. These days 90% of my workouts are with machines.
                          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• juggaknott2011
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                            I might be the odd man out here, but I can get a great workout damn near anywhere. Having said that, I go to an old school gym for the hardcore back & leg workouts, and I also go to a Planet Fitness ( ) on chest or shoulder day. Reason why is I have bad RC's - have for years. The hardcore gym I go to doesn't have a Smith machine, yet PF does. On a Smith, I can still do heavy seated presses and incline presses with no pain. It's all about focus - I don't give a rats azz how many fools are in there, I'm still gettin' 'er done & having a killa workout!
                            Your not odd at all bro . I can get a good workout in anywhere as well. The lurk alarm crazy as hell and the tone of the place is crazy . When its packed its and I have limited time oh yeah its not good the dumbbells and machines here are limited in weight . The only thing I can really do there is cardio and massage chairs lmao

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• juggaknott2011
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by liftsiron
                              There is one old school gym in town, to old school most of the equipment is handmade and the place was run down 30 years ago, I can only imagine now. i have been going to an anytime fitness for the past six years, never closed, 8000 square ft. tons of free weights and the full line of machines. These days 90% of my workouts are with machines.
                              Yes I loved our Anytime here but it closed to . It was open 24/7 clean . Squat racks , tons of free weights deadlift platform you name it they had it . then Pf came and they went out of business

Juggaknott2011

Comment

Working...