Forearms and Grip Strength Training

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolf78

Forearms and Grip Strength Training

How many of you guys incorporate forearm lifts into your work-out routines? Likewise, how many do grip strength exercises?

Granted in the whole scheme of things, these are miniscule muscles, but I was curious what others are doing. As to be expected, I have heard various philosophies on whether or not to work forearms.

For those of you that do grip exercises... what do you do---static holds, hand-held grip devices, etc.? What have you found to be most effective?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses,
    wolf78
  • DADAWG
    Vet
    • May 2004

Originally posted by wolf78
    How many of you guys incorporate forearm lifts into your work-out routines? Likewise, how many do grip strength exercises?

Granted in the whole scheme of things, these are miniscule muscles, but I was curious what others are doing. As to be expected, I have heard various philosophies on whether or not to work forearms.

For those of you that do grip exercises... what do you do---static holds, hand-held grip devices, etc.? What have you found to be most effective?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses,
    wolf78
    im not saying to use these as your main excercise but try
    running the rack
    stand in front of the db rack at the lightest end , start with maybe the 5 pound dbs . pick both of them up and hold them at your side for 20 seconds but dont let them rest against your leg , rerack the 5s and immediately pick up the 10s and repeat this process . keep going down the rack as far as you can adding 5 pounds to the dbs each time .
    its harder than you think , especially if your gyms db rack has some heavy weights .
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• DaPit26

I just train forearms like a mother. Farmer walks are great. Or just holding the 45's at your sides for as long as you can. For awhile I was holding 85 lb db's for about 30 seconds. Hand squeezers and also try holding your dead weight on a pullup bar. Just hang and you should feel it after a minute. Static holds are good.

Comment

• bullstuffman

You have be be carefull training the forearms, because it will REDUCE your grip strength. You need to incorpate a regimin that will exercise both.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

I find hand grippers to good a fair job watching tv, driving in a car etc.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...