Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joebob
    • Nov 2005

good training

wats up fellas? i just fininshed my 1st wk of a ten wk cycle. i m 6'1 255 19% bf. i do a 4 day split mon-upper tues-lower thurs-upper fri-lower. i was wonderin if ne1 had any advice on workin my traps and my bi-ceps. i have this 1 trap workout that i do and i love it but i want to be able to change things up.my traps are pretty big as of now but i basically dont want to have a neck after this cycle.and my arms are only about 19 inches i want them to grow too.
  • DaPit26

Your arms will grow to a certain point. To gain about an inch (after genetic limit is met) you should gain about 10-15 solid pounds. I started squating and my weight went up from 185 to 195 and my arms grew from 17 to just about 18". Traps, BB shrugs, power shrugs work wonders. Reverse shrugs, Neck iso's, uprights in between sets of shrugs, incline bench shrugs. All that works great

Comment

• joebob
      • Nov 2005

bb shrugs?

yea i do squat. on lower body days i squat dead lift and either leg press or one leg squats with dumbells. but what does bb stand 4. and u do shrugs while sitting on an incline bench? how do i do power shrugs?

Comment

• joebob
        • Nov 2005

a

and how do u do ur neck isos i used to work my neck b/c we hada neck machine but my gym doesnt have 1 anymore. and what r uprights?

Comment

• DaPit26

BB shrugs is just for BarBell. I like to use a strait bar compared to db's because you can use more weight, Especially if you use the power wraps to tie your hands to the bar. The incline shrugs are bad ass. You lie facing the bench so that your strattling it. Put your face right up to the bench. now just simply shrug up and down. It isolates your traps so your not using momentum at all. A power shrug is just putting on a ton of weight and just bringing your shoulders up to your ears. You can use momentum for these by kind of jumping up with the weight. It's cheating with heavier weights to add mass. Neck workouts are great. I lay on a bench just like I'm going to bench press, except I lay farther up so that my head is completely off the bench. Put like a 25 lb plate on your forehead and just lift your head up and down, isolating your neck. I have a neck harness that straps onto my head and I add about 90-100 lbs for the lifts. Uprights are just Upright rows. Hold onto a strait bar, close grips and bring the bar up to your chin and lower it. I try to use a smith machine for these and then throw on about 225-255.

Comment

• joebob
            • Nov 2005

a

thanx bro i was just bein retarded. i do power shrugs and barbell shrugs. the neck thing seems kind of weird but i ll try it. im definetly gonna try the incline shrugs that sounds like thats gonna b my new favorite lift. i love when my traps are exhausted after workin out. it makes me feel like i did somethin b/c its hard for me to exhaust my traps

Comment

• DaPit26

Yeah me too and then I tend to overttrain spending an hour on them because they don't seem pumped or exhausted

Comment

• ddoommnn8ttoorr

i know you need to do squats to gain overall mass, heres the thing,, after my jet ski accident i really fucked up my back and slowly over the years i have recovered and made it stronger yet i still avoid squats,, what else would you recommend instead of squats or dead lifts cause again cause of my back i wont risk it to gain more size for at leasts another year and besides AS and training hard any recomindations on leg work to help increase overall mass with limited stress on the lower back?

Comment

• DaPit26

That's a tough one. I mean I guess you could just hit your curls and extensions but they're not going to give you that mass you're asking about. Maybe Hacks and just go light?

Comment

• DADAWG
                    Vet
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by ddoommnn8ttoorr
                    i know you need to do squats to gain overall mass, heres the thing,, after my jet ski accident i really fucked up my back and slowly over the years i have recovered and made it stronger yet i still avoid squats,, what else would you recommend instead of squats or dead lifts cause again cause of my back i wont risk it to gain more size for at leasts another year and besides AS and training hard any recomindations on leg work to help increase overall mass with limited stress on the lower back?
                    im normally a fan of going heavy but what about starting with light weight mega rep squats [ with a belt ] . if you go light enough your back should be ok and this will SLOWLY allow you to get the strength back you need to raise the weight and drop the reps .
                    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

Working...