Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
New Rifle for Military

Has anyone seen the new M1 10 rifle being made I think by HK? 7.62 rounds. 800 meter accuracy. 6x scope. Magazine fed. It looks bad to the bone. I cant wait to get my hands on one just to play with.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000w_q95-913x479.jpg (77.2 KB, 33 views)

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
choke

Yep, but actually, the military is leaning towards a 6.8 creedmore. That's a great cartridge for both stopping power and distance.

OR...
don't fuck with what works already, which is the M4 platform. In doing that, they could just keep the M4 and use a heavier 5.56 round.

Fuck H&K. They are a shit mfg, full of shit bag marxists. /ending gun nerd rant before it gets kicked off...
Old 11-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
Chooch
VET

Chooch will become famous soon enoughChooch will become famous soon enough
Can’t you build one pretty cheap? You can chamber an AR for almost any damn thing these days.
Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Actually yes. I person I know just got busted up north, I wont say where, for building "ghost" guns in his garage. (Weapons with no serial #). He got busted by a controlled delivery
by the ATF because he was buying silencers from China.
But yes, if you have the equipment it's actually quite easy.
Back in the early 80's me and a friend were buying Mach 10"s by the quantity the filing the searing pins down, then selling them to the Colombians for double what we paid. At one point we were even getting into making silencers. But they were only good for like two shots then got progressively louder with each round.
But that was a whole other life ago.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #5
Chooch
VET

Chooch will become famous soon enoughChooch will become famous soon enough
Yeah I was gonna say, non serialized guns aren’t illegal. Then I saw the suppressor part haha
Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:05 AM   #6
Bhop504
VET

Bhop504 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Yep, but actually, the military is leaning towards a 6.8 creedmore. That's a great cartridge for both stopping power and distance.

OR...
don't fuck with what works already, which is the M4 platform. In doing that, they could just keep the M4 and use a heavier 5.56 round.

Fuck H&K. They are a shit mfg, full of shit bag marxists. /ending gun nerd rant before it gets kicked off...

Do you mean the 6.8 spl or 6.5 creedmoor? The 6.8spl can be built on a regular .223/5.56 receiver, all you need is a different bolt carrier group, barrel and mag. I’m actually thinking about building one with a leftover lower.

Now the 6.5 creedmor Is a beast of its own...I’ve had my eyes on the ruger precision for a little while now
Bhop504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhop504 View Post
Do you mean the 6.8 spl or 6.5 creedmoor? The 6.8spl can be built on a regular .223/5.56 receiver, all you need is a different bolt carrier group, barrel and mag. I’m actually thinking about building one with a leftover lower.

Now the 6.5 creedmor Is a beast of its own...I’ve had my eyes on the ruger precision for a little while now
Ugh...
yes, I did mean 6.8...
I have creedmor on the brain because I just built one for precision matches... Aaannddd... just had this discussion with a few .mil buddies.

Plus, I was clouded by H&K hate

To Chooch's question: Yes, you can build AR chassis type rifles very inexpensively. However, there are so many mfg's out there now that buying a fully built only adds a slight premium to the costs.

Now if you want something discrete, the parts are very easy to purchase. And all of the pieces can only go in one place!
Old 11-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #8
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
these liberals are getting bad trying to take your guns at every opertunity